McCain Foods

McCain Foods Employee Reviews

was a learning experience even as a tradesman most people there were helpful and courteous if you were unsure and needed assistance good company to work for
Wonderful company, creative, very present for their sales team. Communications are very good internally. They know how to recognize their employees and integrate people at every level into projects and strategizing sales ideas. They offer continuous training to make sure everyone is excelling and stimulated in their jobs.
Pros
Creative and fun team
Cons
moving up requires relocating to Toronto
Management doesn't care about you unless you serve with blind subservience . They will pretend that they care at the start until you make a minor mistake or give an opinion. You'll be given dog s*** jobs also if youre new or question there motive. Don't work here unless you only care about money and have no life. The only way to move up is to bend over backwards and if youre not already good friends with supervision then youre already at a huge disadvantage. There is way better options in the area.Senority means nothing if you don't do everything exactly how they want.
Pros
Money
Cons
Terrible shift rotation, Terrible management, EVERYTHING is senority based, and anything else you wouldnt want
I never expected to be working this long at this facility and have thoroughly enjoyed my time and experience here. The people and the management have been really good to work with.
This workplace is ideal for anyone who has been in this line of work before, and who enjoys manual labor. The training process is done very well, all the knowledge required can be learned on the job.
Pros
The schedule.
Cons
Leadership lacks vision and sense of direction Way too much waste of energy & resources (operational inefficiency) Stressful working environment with no emphasis on employee health & wellness People capability & development is not the focus Employee retention & engagement is a challenge
Great people, fair wages for the area. Some benefits available. Shift work with four shifts and four days on four off. Two days two nights. Extra work available if wanted. Some jobs difficult some easy. Overall not a bad experience. May return if an opening happens.
Poor management Poor shifts Always cold Boring job Safe is their priority but it didn’t seem like it at all when working there and being cold all the time and asking for a extra heater.
Ok place to work days & night shifts go by pretty quick on a 12 hour work day , there are some employees who think they are above beyond the boss even though they are not but just ignore that attitude and do your job & the supervisors will show true work ethic recognition , it is a place that I give a recommend to work most people are great to work with HR reps are awesome they gave me a great reference when I was employed for a month & a half when I gave my letter of resignation!
McCain is a family oriented company; they also embrace empowering employees and invest in employee personal development--for work purposes or personal. They have a very attractive compensation package.
Money is good but there is to much politics there .Never sure about your job or where you are at with supervisors.its a fast paced busy job . Lots of computer data entry
Friendly office in toronto. Lovely leadership. Very stressful role and high turnover in some teams. Lots of stressed out people. Vacation benefits very minimal and not reflective on experience or talent. Lots of people swamped with work, especially IT and accountants. They only had one IT support staff in the entire head office at any time and they were always unreasonably over worked.
I would honestly go back and work at McCain’s it was a good job good benefits and salary. They are good to their workers a specially if you are good with them.
I have had a lovely experience there. A typical day consisted of discussing what needed to be done with my manager and working on prioritizing and completing those tasks.
McCain was a fast paced environment. Good salary. Just repetitive work and long hours but really fun with good coworkers. My bosses and lead hands were great to get along with.
I would not recommend any one to work at McCain's It is all about the dollar no respect For there employees Managers just there for bounces Drive is horrible in winter time Not a family friendly schedule.
Arrive in the workplace and get in touch with users, then, in many cases, help them solve doubts or solve problems that may have arisen during their day since we were in different time zones, we rarely attend trainings or conferences.
I got a wonderful opportunity to work with my company. I worked from 2011-2017. I gave my service as sr.consultant at Toronto (2011-2013 and continued it from 2013-2017 from Delhi NCR. The company lays out right platform for the aspiring candidates
most enjoyable if summer is coming,the hardest job if clean up because you need to spray and sanitized THE MACHINE,theb i learned more on safety,and how to use some of tools and seasor lift
The company was a good place to work when family run but now with coorperate running the chain it is not that great and always overreact to any safety issue . Any time there is an incident it is blown out of proporton
the people where great. enjoyed the coworkers and their help. to bad they got sold. was nice place to work. all supervisors where helpful. nice place all around
  1. Employee reviews