McCain Foods

McCain Foods Employee Reviews

Canada74 reviews
Competitive and productive workplace
This workplace is ideal for anyone who has been in this line of work before, and who enjoys manual labor. The training process is done very well, all the knowledge required can be learned on the job.
Pros
The schedule.
Cons
I really have enjoyed working here
I never expected to be working this long at this facility and have thoroughly enjoyed my time and experience here. The people and the management have been really good to work with.
Managing work life balance is a challenge
Leadership lacks vision and sense of direction
Way too much waste of energy & resources (operational inefficiency)

Stressful working environment with no emphasis on employee health & wellness

People capability & development is not the focus

Employee retention & engagement is a challenge
Shift work.
Great people, fair wages for the area. Some benefits available. Shift work with four shifts and four days on four off. Two days two nights. Extra work available if wanted. Some jobs difficult some easy. Overall not a bad experience. May return if an opening happens.
Review
Poor management
Poor shifts

Always cold

Boring job

Safe is their priority but it didn’t seem like it at all when working there and being cold all the time and asking for a extra heater.
Not bad place to work
Ok place to work days & night shifts go by pretty quick on a 12 hour work day , there are some employees who think they are above beyond the boss even though they are not but just ignore that attitude and do your job & the supervisors will show true work ethic recognition , it is a place that I give a recommend to work most people are great to work with HR reps are awesome they gave me a great reference when I was employed for a month & a half when I gave my letter of resignation!
Team collaborative and family oriented.
McCain is a family oriented company; they also embrace empowering employees and invest in employee personal development--for work purposes or personal. They have a very attractive compensation package.
Money is good
Money is good but there is to much politics there .Never sure about your job or where you are at with supervisors.its a fast paced busy job . Lots of computer data entry
Toronto head office
Friendly office in toronto. Lovely leadership. Very stressful role and high turnover in some teams. Lots of stressed out people. Vacation benefits very minimal and not reflective on experience or talent. Lots of people swamped with work, especially IT and accountants. They only had one IT support staff in the entire head office at any time and they were always unreasonably over worked.
Good benefits and salary.
I would honestly go back and work at McCain’s it was a good job good benefits and salary. They are good to their workers a specially if you are good with them.
Great workplace
I have had a lovely experience there. A typical day consisted of discussing what needed to be done with my manager and working on prioritizing and completing those tasks.
I liked working there.
McCain was a fast paced environment. Good salary. Just repetitive work and long hours but really fun with good coworkers. My bosses and lead hands were great to get along with.
Not recommended
I would not recommend any one to work at McCain's
It is all about the dollar no respect

For there employees

Managers just there for bounces

Drive is horrible in winter time

Not a family friendly schedule.
Get to the job and get in touch with users
Arrive in the workplace and get in touch with users, then, in many cases, help them solve doubts or solve problems that may have arisen during their day since we were in different time zones, we rarely attend trainings or conferences.
Good experience
I got a wonderful opportunity to work with my company. I worked from 2011-2017. I gave my service as sr.consultant at Toronto (2011-2013 and continued it from 2013-2017 from Delhi NCR.
The company lays out right platform for the aspiring candidates
enjoy i work in the same my old company food manufacturing
most enjoyable if summer is coming,the hardest job if clean up because you need to spray and sanitized THE MACHINE,theb i learned more on safety,and how to use some of tools and seasor lift
Not a great place to work
The company was a good place to work when family run but now with coorperate running the chain it is not that great and always overreact to any safety issue . Any time there is an incident it is blown out of proporton
NIce old plant
the people where great. enjoyed the coworkers and their help. to bad they got sold. was nice place to work. all supervisors where helpful. nice place all around
Lots of room to shift role vertically or horizontally
Lots of autonomy within the office roles of the company; you basically get to punch your own ticket per say as long as you are production the mandated work and possibly more.
Salaries are not that great in the mid level positions but they are way more than accommodating in regard to personal development to enable you to succeed and to climb up the corporate ladder.
Pros
Lots of employee perks in regard to dinners and such
Cons
Too much turnover at times.
Was a good place to work with good people to work with.
Get a rundown about how the previous shift went. What problems may have occurred and may continue to occure. What product would be run during the shift.
Pros
only worked 4 days then off for 4 days
Cons
Long Hours
forward looking company with great opportunities
Great company with variety of work.Although its a very flat org that leaves you overstretched in your role without adequate support.

Money is put into the wrong these, work environment is not condusive to being productive.
Pros
free samples, flexible work from home program
Cons
open concept, no proper work space