McAsphalt Industries Employee Reviews

It was work
Asphalt Loading Operator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON17 September 2018
It was a fairly small plant. Had very few production protocols to follow. Many of the plants parts were old and rusting up. Didn't mind the work in the proper PPE was used.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Health risks
Family Owned company
HR Specialist, Provincial (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2018
Great company with benefits and company sponsored events. Chances for development and growth. I was able to travel and build out quality performance evaluations with my manager. We worked well together and he gave me the autonomy to build out projects that I felt would benefit the company. I was given opportunities to develop my skills and maintain my designations.
constructive dismissal
N/A (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2018
In employment law, constructive dismissal, also called constructive discharge or constructive termination, occurs when an employee resigns as a result of the employer creating a hostile work environment. Since the resignation was not truly voluntary, it is, in effect, a termination.
Nice Place to Work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
Great company to work for, and good people to work with. Some days are really busy and you barely have time to take a break, but that keeps the hours moving. Others can be slow, but there's always something to be done or learned. I've learned quite a bit about pumps and systems working here. Management is pretty responsive to issues.
Pros
Good culture
Cons
could be winter layoffs (seasonal)
Great wokplace
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario31 October 2017
Great wages and benefits , had many job titles and duties, had great staff and workers to be around. Enjoyed all work tasks and enjoyed different training
Wonderful company, wonderful employees
Inventory Controller/Scale House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2017
Wonderful company to work for and great people to work with. Very good potential for advancement. Good pension and the owners are very personal and always have an open door policy. Very admirable.
Excellent place to join!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON10 January 2017
Busy during the seasonal months, new research and development projects during the non-seasonal period. Friendly and safe work environment. Manager over rule the assistants, and very laid back in doing their part of the job.Manager think as he is designated to direct their assistants to do all the related work but not to do it himself. Though, hard workers are able to manage and control the situations with the help of co-workers and other managers.
Pros
Excellent wages and benefits
Cons
Titles gives the power to some managers to over rule their assistants
Even the office gets dirty
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB26 October 2017
When working with asphalt and road crews, it's not hard for dirt to get on every surface of the office from tar on the phones to mud on the floors. However, it is a small staff in the Saint John office so it is easy to become a tight crew. Work was varied and included typical reception work from greeting customers, preparing invoices and answering phones, but also involved scheduling crews, shipping product, and directing transportation.
high production of asphalt bitumen
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 August 2016
Typical day at work is busy but time flys when your moving right? i have learned quite a bit from my time here such as how to work on pumps and motor to loading and unloading of rail cars, trucks and ships. Management is decent have no complaints really.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McAsphalt Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4