McDonald's Employee Review

Excellent first-job experience
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Stratford, PE8 February 2018
McDonald's offers a helpful step forward for many young people entering the workforce. It surrounds young employees with other like-minded individuals who want to get a jump start at a career. Tasks are repetitive with little conflict which provides a good learning environment for first time employees.
Pros
great training program
Cons
high pressure situations

Other McDonald's Employee Reviews

a toxic work environment
On floor worker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON12 December 2018
No flexibility for students, no sense of understanding. Too much work dumped on one person, can become very overwhelming. One person would be running the whole store late at night when it is extremely busy.
McDonald's Review
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 December 2018
A typical day at McDonald's included a fast-paced work environment.

While working as a crew member at a McDonald's location, this had allowed me to further enhance my ability to work fast and has helped further my communication with customers to ensure happiness.

Management in my opinion wasn't the best. I did like my supervising managers however, management in regards to schedules wasn't ideal. Most places I worked for provided a work schedule that was a span of 2 weeks, yet McDonald's updated with only 1 week schedules which was hard when you were trying to plan around work.

As mentioned previously, the work place consisted of a fast-paced environment. I had only worked there during the summer, thus I did not really get to know everyone that well. Yet, there were many people laughing and talking while working which made the day go by a bit faster.

The overall hardest part of the job was at the beginning, when you have to remember all the different approaches for every drink and learning the cashier position (honestly not an ideal set-up). There were also times it was hard to keep a smile at customers who came back to complain about their order while I had not made their meal.

In the end, although there were some nice co-workers, I wish to ever return to a McDonald's unless I am in dire need.
Pros
50% off meal any time
Cons
rude customers, weird cash set up, lots of drink memorization, if one person is slow everyone else fails

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

536.2K