McDonald's Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

Great management and team work.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saint John West, NB15 October 2018
-always busy doing something
-lots of flexibility in shifts
-lots of opportunities to advance
-management and co-workers are always around your age so lots of fun
great place for a mom too work!
Crew Trainer (Grill and Service) (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON10 October 2018
Great place to work while putting my family first. very flexible hours. easy to book time off to spend extra time with my kid. Its fast paced and busy, always something to do. I had a lot of fun working there and made many friends.
Pros
50% off your meals.
Cons
its fast and ver busy
I want to work full time and work more than 25 hours.
Crew Trainer/Cashier and Production (Current Employee) –  North York, ON10 October 2018
I want a regular job like this and better job than mcdonalds. I want to get more income while I am not schooling. Ive been working in Mcdonalds for 3 years part time and never got more than 30hrs a week.
Pros
Half price
Cons
Short hours
Great First Job
Guest Experience Leader, Crew Trainer, Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 October 2018
McDonald's has been a great first job in which I learned the value of customer service, stress management, team work, responsibility, and many more transferable skills. I learned how to connect with customers, and how to communicate effectively with customers, coworkers, and managers. I learned that I am capable of improvement and that I can work well even under high stress. They are flexible with working with your schedule and have a friendly work culture.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Great environment
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON9 October 2018
The management and workers come together to be something more than just coworkers. We support each other and foster a empowering environment that promotes efficiency and fun.
Friendly environment, flexible hours
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  22nd street McDonalds6 October 2018
Working at McDonalds had been a big part of my life. It helped me build confidence and trust in myself. Making friends and treating them as family especially, was a great experience.
Pros
50% discount on food; working with friends
Cons
Busy; cut in labour
Overall a great learning experience
Crew Trainer/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC6 October 2018
Mcdonald's is a great learning experience, teaches incredible customer service and time management. Trains employees to work efficiently under pressure and time constraints, however, advancement is difficult from one position to another.
Fast Pace
Employee/Crew Trainer/Swing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 September 2018
The lunch rushes were my favorite time to work since we have to rush and take care of clients with a smile. The most challenging part of the day is to make sure the quality was to a high standard.
great job
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON27 September 2018
I had a great 3 years at McDonald's. awesome people and great experience. Company is good with flexible hours and shift changes-especially for students who have to balance work and school.
Great Place
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2018
Staff was great, owners were fantastic. Learned lots of valuable skills in the training provided. Benefits and incentives were amazing. Lots of room for advancement from almost any position.
I hated every minute of this job
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 September 2018
typical day would be showing up, finding out who called in sick and how many people you are short, it's basically like leaving high only to find out that now you work at one. The management acts like a bunch of teenagers only promoting people if they like them or if they cry. People who do the firing apparently got fired because the last time they "fired" someone it was because they didn't show to their shift so they just stopped scheduling them. Anyone new who is hired apparently hasn't lifted a finger a single day in their life because they have no idea how to listen or even read apparently. Yet the managers what do they do? Nothing just make the rest of the crew deal with it. The only pro are the hours.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
review summary
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  South Lancaster, ON26 September 2018
Exhibit responsibility by arriving early to assist with food preparation while following opening and closing procedures, Operate the cash register quickly and efficiently to provide timely service
Trained new employs, for a period of two weeks,
Greeted Customer with exceptional enthusiasm,
Worked under stressful situations and serving up to 80-100 people within an hour, and developed novel solutions when problems arose.
Fast paced and alot of teamwork
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Thickson26 September 2018
A typical day at work consists of making food and drinks and interacting with customers. There is alot of multitasking involved and it is busy all the time. The managment is decent and the most enjoyable part about this job is being able to get really close with the crew and I made alot of new friends.
Pros
met alot of people and gave me experience
Cons
too fast paced and the times
Satisfactory
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 September 2018
A typical day at work is I work in the drive thru taking orders and money. Also i get things ready for lunch rush I bake cookies pies and pastries. Most management are ok some just like to stand and do nothing's ng well the crew do all the running around. The hardest part of my job is picking up the slack from other employees that worked before me. It seems you always have to clean up after the previous shift and try to get everything ready for my own ahift so that everything goes smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is fhe people i work with every day as well as the customers that I have come to know over the years
Pros
The people I work with and the regular customers
Cons
Trying to clean up from others
Learned a lot but not worth working there
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
A typical day at work- I was first placed at a station usually expediting which means putting the food in bags in an organized manner. I did that till it was my break time. Before I went on break I would either sweep the floor, stock up, or wipe down surface areas. After my break, I would be placed at either the same station or a different one. At the same time, I would be running breaks and making sure the floor is running smoothly. Near closing time I would start cleaning and doing a thorough stock up so everything is ready for the next morning. I learned how to manage my time, how to provide customer service and address their concerns, I learned how to communicate well with others, I learned how to be a leader. This location was very diverse and I really liked meeting new people and learning new things. Unfortunately, there were difficulties. I would not recommend this Mcdonald location, especially to students and youth. I did not like it because of how others and myself were treated.
good
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 September 2018
Good enviroment.
Good staff.
Good learning.
Good skills
Fun outings and group activites
Different people and cultures
Friendly
Always on time
Nice employee
Need for better managment
Crew Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 September 2018
While i worked at McDonald's there was a lack of good and hard working mangers that enjoyed working. The managers are based on who they like best, not who is more qualified. I've noticed that if your really close with the head person you automatically get the raise. This is not how the hiring should work, it should be based on who does their job, and puts the most effort into every shift they have.
Pros
50% off every meal, fun work outtings
Cons
Mean customers, extremely fast paced, smell like a french fry
Fast paced
Crew Trainer, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 September 2018
As my first job it was great I learned a lot by working here and taught me so many skills that I have kept with me, especially when it come to customer service.
Fun place to work and very nice environment.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dorval, QC19 September 2018
McDonald's is a great place to work for a first experience. You will learn a lot and you could apply this to your next job. You will learn new skills and how to deal with different kinds of people/personalities.
Pros
Chill Job
Cons
No tips
Part time job
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 September 2018
A good part time job that allowed me to work and study at the same time. My hours were flexible which worked well for me because I mostly worked only on weekends because of university.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

535K