McDonald's Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

Great Place to Work
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC14 February 2018
I loved working here, very easy to get along with other co workers. Managment is good but could use some work. I learned a lot during my two years here. I've learned to deal with stress better, customer service, how to work well as a team as well and working in the Kitchen.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours some weeks
Fun and valuable learning experience
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 February 2018
The work atmosphere was always very positive and I was able to learn a lot about customer service. Management was always constructive and provided opportunities for growth.
awesome team work
Cashier and Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2018
the day is always busy. i learned to do multitasking. taking orders on both lanes taking cash and at the same time serve food to the guests on drive through. very political management. we always work as a team. no one will believe you over your manager. team work is the most enjoyable part of the job with peers.
Pros
i can choose my working hours
Cons
less staff always
Each McDonalds is different from one another
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 February 2018
McDonalds can be a great place to work when they are staffed and have great communication among the staff. I worked at a McDonalds and we where held to high stature. We where one go the most profitable McDonalds in Burnaby and where on of the fastest. How ever a lot of that changed when our store managers where switched. A lot of people didn't get the hours they needed, there where a lot of problems with scheduling ordering products and staff appreciation. A lot of coworkers quit and a lot of managers overall quit as well. I do believe McDonalds can be a great place to work at where you feel welcomed and are excited to work. How ever if you don't have communication at a work place it will fall apart.
Pros
discount
Cons
under appreciation over worked
Great company to learn customer service skills and good start to be in food industry.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 February 2018
Loved working with fun environment at work. Great place to deal and learn customer service. Lots of management and operation learning.
Best employer for safety of employees.
Pros
Best for learning Management skills.
Cons
N/a
positive and fast pace
Crew/Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 February 2018
A great positive working environment with plenty of great co workers and management. Very fast pace environment which has benefited me for my future job occupation.
Pros
felxable hours
Great people with okay management
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
It was an overall great experience. I learned a lot in terms of managing the floor and dealing with guests. Typically, business was steady with a few rushes; our average sales being around $600 an hour. Due to minimum wage increases, our labor was reduced significantly to 23%, as opposed to the normal 40%, however our crew are slowly adapting to multitasking. Hardest part would be the current under staffing, as new crew are expected to learn quickly and adapt and are subjected to criticism from certain people. The most enjoyable part for me personally is running the floor, as I have developed a system that pleases me and most of the managers. Therefore I am able to practice implementing my plans without any questions from the managers.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
I never leave on time
was alright to work here
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON30 January 2018
this job like every other, had its ups and downs. the management was "iffy" at best. the new staff was trained poorly by other crew trainers and often didn't know what was going on. never kept in the loop with changes to our operating system until the day it was taking place.
Productive and fun workplace
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
Good environment with fellow trustworthy employees. Once I get to work I'm surrounded by such an amazing atmosphere. Management was great, we were able to have fun while staying completely professional as well.
Great starter job
Crew Trainer, Guest Experience Leader (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 January 2018
Very fast paced environment (depending on location this may be different). There is always something to do so you will not have time to twiddle your thumbs. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other employees who you will soon see become your close friends. The training is excellent and there is a lot of information to be learned in 3 days of training.
fun place to work
Crew Trainer/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 January 2018
good working environment especially working with good people though stressed sometimes with high demands of guests still a good place to learn and earn experiences in dealing and interacting with people
Pros
discounted meals, good people and good management
Cons
non-stop high volume of guests
Not much to say
Crew Trainer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 January 2018
McDonalds is alright for an entry level job and work experience, but not a career. The pay is minimum wage, they will keep your hours low enough that you cannot receive benefits. Managers receive most of the hours in order to keep costs low as they make salary.
I liked it
Crew Trainer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK27 January 2018
Enjoyable environment; although it was pretty intense at times. Management was all around good, and everyone got along for the most part. 150 characters
Good experience
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 January 2018
I love the people that I worked with. Don’t panic if its super busy and just relax. Take your time don’t rush. Ask the managers if you’re not sure about the things that you need to do.
The best place to work as your first job
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON25 January 2018
Working at McDonald's was the best experience I could have asked for as a first time job. Management was courteous of my school schedule both in high school, and when I transitioned into my first year of university. I received excellent training when I started out, and within the first year of employment I become a crew trainer.
Pros
Friendly environment, amazing staff
Cons
Late night shifts, working weekends
a lot of pros and cons
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 January 2018
working in this company is fun when youre working with the right type of people who actually do their jobs and not slack. customers are a miss or hit-- you often get rude, impatient customers but the nice ones will always make your day.
Good
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2018
Great pay, always surrounded by new faces, always learning new procedures, new skills, opportunity to rise within the company based on performance, management treat staff with respect and crew reciprocate, hundreds of online discounts at major retailers, very big on equal opportunity, wont tolerate anyone feeling uncomfortable or being bullied or harassed, very big on recognition and rewarding hard work
good
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2018
nice place to work part time, also good place to enjoy and work when you are studding. They provide you with lot of benefits and scholarship which is very helpful for students
Loved my staff and my costumers
CREW TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Digby, NS22 January 2018
What I would say a typical day at work would be filled with smiling faces, not only from our staff but from our costumers. Always a good day when were coming on to our shift and their is always a story to be told. I learned that its okay to ask for help when needed, and also how to not only be a leader but to be a friend to whoever needed it. Management there was always so great they had no problem doing what they needed to do, and also help the ones that had a problem.
crew trainer
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 January 2018
I worked for McDonald as a crew trainer and hated my life. they treated me horrible and management sucked. wouldn't recommend working here it was damaging to my personal health
Pros
50% off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.6K