McDonald's Employee Reviews for Team Trainer

Less than Ideal
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2018
Work was simple but incredibly tedious with poor management and lifeless, almost depressing job culture. Great for a first job to get to see what real life is like, however, I would not recommend.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Tedious Work
Good
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2018
Stressful at times..
rude customers
Flexible schedules
50% off meals
Free samples for new things being added to the menu.
Free uniform,
Great training
Cons
Long hours, rude customers
Friendly workplace
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2018
Crews were able to work quickly and ensuring that they provide a high quality standard to our valued guests. The management also ensure the safety and security for all the crews working in the store
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2018
I was a crew trainer. I trained new hires. I was also the cashier majority of the time and was sometimes at the back making customers orders. I learned a lot from this job, including leadership, I loved training new hires.
Good for working your way through school
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2018
The customers are terrible and staff constantly calls in sick or just doesn't show up. Management doesn't allow enough staff to run the store properly so everyone has to work way harder and be treated poorly by customers because of this. But you can meet a lot of nice people that work there. It's fast paced, relatively easy, and very flexible schedules to accommodate school hours or another job usually. Free pop, coffee/tea and half off food is a good perk.
Pros
Discount food, flexible schedules
Cons
Minimum wage, cheap owner
Not a very positive workplace at all.
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON29 July 2018
I have been at McDonald's for a few years now and I can honestly say it's such an emotionally draining place. The management is little to no help with many situations, you get treated like absolute garbage, and people have changed my hour availability on me on multiple occasions. Not satisfied with this place, and would not recommend for anybody.
Pros
Item(food, beverage) Discount
Cons
Negative Enviroment
amazing place to meet new friends
Crew trainer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 July 2018
I enjoyed my time at mcdonalds going from crew, to a crew trainer, to a manager within 2 years. I would recommend going here if you enjoy a fast pace environment and you are familiar with the menu as well.
Good place
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON25 July 2018
Nice place to work, just a temp job though. I enjoyed my time there and would definitely recommend this workplace to a friend. Staff was really friendly and very team oriented
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON23 July 2018
The people are great. But due to some of the management and scheduling, it makes the job hard to keep up with and up to proper standards. The team generally works well together. New team members could either get great training or next to none at all depending on how staffing is.
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier and Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON23 July 2018
Working at McDonalds (depending on which section of the store you're in) allows you to learn a variety of skills. As a cashier you work with customer and food delivery, keeping the quality and times at its best. Working in the kitchen you learn to time manage and learn to handle pressure of the time but keeping quality. I worked both their positions and trained others to remain calm and friends in stressful situations. Over all the people are amazing to work with and are always helpful.
Pros
Learning life skills that can be cared to other jobs
Cons
Not guaranteed hours from week to week

Want to know more about McDonald's?

Ask a question
great experience!
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 July 2018
Mcdonalds was a great experience and i learned a lot about the food industry, however i have had a few jobs here and there but i haven't found anything that fits with me well yet. However it is the summer and i am looking for a full to part time job with lots of hours!
Productive and a Fun Place to work
Crew Trainer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB18 July 2018
This is where I learn leadership, multi tasking, People Skill, Patience. This company helped me get my Permanent Residence Approved too. We have a very healthy community and very supportive employer.
McDonald's is the worst for a part-time job.
Crew Trainer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2018
McDonald's managers are the worst, they don't care about the employees. Most customers are rude and nobody can do their jobs properly. By far the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
yay
Crew Member/Crew Trainer/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2018
Bar none, this employer is the best option for University students in Winnipeg and Brandon. The extended store hours mean that there are plenty of shifts available to work around class times. There are many stores in Winnipeg, making it easy to pick up additional shifts on a casual basis. Time off for exams and study is rarely an issue, and the busiest times of the year are during the summer and wonder holiday seasons when students are free to pick up plenty of additional shifts.
Great management advancement opportunities exist for those so inclined
fun working with my co-workers. we are like family at work. we follow and respect each and everyone. i learned a lot of things that helps my lifestyle
Cashier/ Crew Trainer/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK11 July 2018
this is my first ever job. I was shy at the first place. I feel intimidated to approach people. but as time goes by, i learned how to speak out, this made my confidence boost even more. i learned how to deal with different types of people everyday. i become more confident in everything i do. i practiced and improved my french speaking. suddenly i fell in love on what im doing. honestly, working at fast food restaurant is kind of tiring and exhausted but at the end of the day, when you knew that you always do your best at work, it feels relieved when you get home. i enjoyed surrounding myself with my funny co-workers. I feel welcomed and appreciated with the people that i worked right now. i am hoping to find those qualities if ever you hired me as your employee. thank you.
Pros
50% discount, allowed two weeks paid vacation, insurance benefits, hours flexible.
Cons
a lot of work to do, barely leave on time, only 30mins break(not enough for this job)
Job in Mcdonald’s is perfect for students
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 July 2018
I learned many things by working here. I used to be shy and was a very reserved person but this job helped me to improve myself and develop new skills.
Pros
50% discount in all restaurants
Cons
if you want to work more you might not get enough shifts
its a job
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS10 July 2018
every work environment is different however McDonald's has a tendency to attract cranky and rude people. if you are quick to anger or overly emotional I would not recommend looking for employment at McDonald's.

the hours are very flexible and at no point did I feel trapped by my job, the management isn't invasive at all and separating your personal life from work is easy.

overall listing stressful as a con for any workplace would be simply stating the obvious, it's not perfect but I would go back if given the opportunity.
Pros
very flexible work schedule
Cons
work culture was not very good
Great availability
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 July 2018
The hours are amazing and they allow very flexible availability. The management team pretends to care about you and what you do but they just want the job done, i would recommend for a first job
work experience
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB8 July 2018
I learned different way to serve customers. I learned many knowledge on food safety. Good workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was when it got really busy it was easy to mix up the orders.
Fun job
Crew Member/Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  LaSalle, ON5 July 2018
A great place to work, especially for a first job. The McDonald's community is very fun and welcoming. I learned interpersonal skills, leadership and training, point of sales and multitasking
Pros
50% off your food
Cons
standing long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

533.7K