McDonald's Employee Reviews for Swing Manager

I loved my time working with McDonalds
Swing manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 October 2018
I loved my time working at McDonalds. They are very willing to work with you and help you improve your work ethics. There is also a lot of room to grow and move up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Constant change of staff
Productive but sometimes not so much
Swing manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL6 October 2018
Busy place on the weekends. not so much during the week, hours burn up quick and not busy enough to guarantee 40 hours a week so if you need full time its not for you. upper management expects too much for too little
Pros
Free food for managers and 30 minute paid break
Cons
You only get a 30 minute break. no work/life balance for anyone without kids or not in school.
Good work environment, easy to get along with co-workers.
Swing Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE2 October 2018
A typical day at work can be a little stressful for me as a manager, I usually work alone as the only manager and have to carry out all managerial tasks by myself, however I have no problem with it and actually enjoy the responsibility.

I learned a lot, Food Safety, Cash deposits, ServSafe, BSM, Proper training procedures, among others.

The hardest part would be the repetitiveness, almost everyday is the same.

The most enjoyable part is the crew and co-workers, if I am working with people I like, it is a good shift. Also have met many friends from working here, and even a few significant others.
Pros
Paid breaks, free manager lunches, schedule flexibility, almost guaranteed time off if asked.
Cons
Repetitiveness, if its bad crew working its a terrible shift.
Fun place for a first job
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2018
Had tonnes of fun in my McDonald experience worked there for almost 4 years moved up to management i can honestly say this job taught me management skills that i took into the rest of my jobs. Great experience!!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not much pay
fast pace, well organized, fun work environment
Swing Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 September 2018
everyday was a different work experience.
the best part was to challenge yourself to achieve all your targets and goals while still attending to very employee, also guests needs.
Pros
discountedon food 50%
Cons
high stress environment
Great environment
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 September 2018
A typical day at work is filled with customers both good and bad. Over my six years I have learned something new almost everyday. Whether its with day to day operations or how to contribute to truly running the business. Being a part of management there has been an experience of its own. I understand how hard it is to run a business now and deal with my crew and the demands of the owner/company. I do my best to create a good work environment like my managers did for me when I was crew. Hardest part of the job is the customers. They make coming to work hard sometimes. Best part is my management team I get to work with everyday and the crew we have hired.
It was great
SWING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON13 September 2018
It was a great place to work. Each day you would come in and it would be a different shift each day. Great staff, great atmosphere.
Great first job for kids
Awesome first job
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2018
I enjoyed working at McDonald's because it was my first job. I learned a lot of transferable skills from my work experience. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
great job to do when you are first starting out in the workfield
Cons
Latenight hours were hard for me with small children at home
great place to work
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2018
great team environment. lots of positives. management gives lots of encouragement. great place to make new friends and learn new tasks. work hard and its easy to get promoted
Pros
50% off food
Cons
could get crazy
fun work place
Ottawa O, Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 August 2018
- long hours
- having fun with I work with
-Being around costumers
-The hardest thing about my job, no one would take your shift when are sick, and you have to come in anyways
Pros
I would be able to be around people
Looved it here
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 August 2018
Loved working here, Learned a lot of new things for business.

Pay was good at the time, So was the benefits

CEO was very rude.

Store owner was very nice tho
Pros
Free food/drinks
Good first job.
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON15 August 2018
I worked at McDonald's along time ago as my first job. It was great, made a lot of great friends. Easy to move up, started off working on cash, then drive thru and then kitchen
Fast-paced workplace
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
This company can be fun to work for when there is enough employees scheduled and you make a lot of friends. If you are a dedicated worker, it is very easy to move up in the company and quickly become a restaurant manager with amazing benefits.
Pros
50% off one meal at any McDonald's across Canada.
Cons
Short-staffed sometimes
Fast-paced, energetic and fun!
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 July 2018
McDonald's is an amazing company to work for. They devote a lot of time and energy to training their employees, and one can really develop a lot of essential life skills while working at McDonald's. They treat their employees very well and their was always a cool incentive going on. However, I always had an issue with their pay rates. Since the corporation is so HUGE and successful, I believe they should really show their appreciation for their hard working employees by increasing their pay rates. Furthermore, McDonald's has been the best job I have worked at - work was always fun, challenging, and rewarding. 10/10 would recommend working here!
Good First Job
Swing Manager / Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 July 2018
McDonald's will provide you with a strong amount of training. You must be willing to learn and improve with the company and you can take skills you learned anywhere.
Good experience
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2018
Good training ground
Friendly environment most of the time
Flexible time
Good people around
Good training path

Sometimes under employed especially in the morning
Fun crew to work with job can get tense.
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 June 2018
McDonalds is a great place to start out as it builds basic skills to help in future employment and dealing with the customers can become very repetitive and bad sometimes as people complain about the strangest things.
Pros
As management, free lunch and paid breaks
Cons
Stay to help beyond shift hours to aid next manager
A great starter for a kid
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 June 2018
As a kid, this taught me more in life than school (ironic), learned hierarchy, respect, how to take a hit, get things done on time, plan ahead, communicate quickly and efficiently, responsibilities to show up on time.

it was hard to get shouted sometimes when I was not responsible, because public service jobs are like that, but it taught me manners and patience.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
had to pay own shoes and they wore down fast
customer service
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2018
Typical customer service job requiring cleaning, cooking, stocking and serving customers. Great for a first job, highly recommend. Lots of opportunity.
great experience
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 June 2018
great environment and learning experience. Really teaches responsibility. A great place to make friends, and learn how to behave in a work place. People seem to think that McDonald s is just a place to flip burgers but it is much more to that. I would suggest this as a step up or as a career..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

535.1K