McDonald's Employee Reviews for Swing Manager

Productive and fun workplace
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrayville, BC13 May 2018
Amazing training and easy to advance forward and move up the ranks. I reakky enjoyed being able to learn how to lead, manage, train, coach and other qualities that make me who I am.
Great first job
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC3 May 2018
McDonald's was definitely a great first job. There are a multitude of opportunities, despite the company, as a whole, going through reorganization. Definitely would recommend to students, excellent training.
friendly enviroment
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2018
it is competitive and fun, most of the people is friendly and helpful. we treat each other as a family especially the one that we work for a longer time.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
not enough hours
It was what you would expect
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2018
Provided a good place to start my working history. Made great friends and learned how to preform at a job. Stayed there until i was promoted, but it is what you would expect.
Fun and innovative
Swing Manager (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2018
Mcdonalds is always trying new things to enhance their working environment and tries to make everything as efficient as possible. I enjoyed communicating with the staff and the teamwork displayed by everyone.
Good part time work
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2018
It is good for part time school kids. Flexible hours but very minimum money. Good people to work with. many locations to choose from. Great training
fun place to work
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 April 2018
McDonald has always treated me fairly, if you are a hard worker then you have the potential to make it far here, my only complaints are the greasy working conditions but i don't know how you would get that out of the job
Pros
free food
Cons
ruined McDonald food for me
Fun place to work. Family like
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC17 April 2018
Mcdonalds was generally a fun place to work. When I first started the whole staff was like a family, and very in sync. While working at Mcdonalds, I gained a lot more patience than I had, and I also learned how to keep cool, when working in a fast paced environment. I also learned time management skills, and learned how to complete tasks in a timely manner
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
poor management
Great Employer
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON17 April 2018
It's a tough job - dealing with angry customers and hungry people. However, McDonald's Canada does everything it can to be a good employer. The training they provide is amazing and translates into many other jobs you may apply to. There is always a promotion to be had, which provides great incentive. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
promotions and training
Cons
very fast paced, challenging cutomer interaction
good first job with opportunities for growth
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
It's a good place to work as a first job. Fast-paced and rarely a dull moment. You will learn valuable skills that you can bring to other jobs. The management training program is excellent.
Pros
50% discount; fast paced
Cons
long shifts for management; can be stressful
A very simple job
Swing manager (Current Employee) –  Billings Bridge, ON8 April 2018
The job isn't very hard and basically anyone an do it. You have three days of training and from there on you can always move up. The schedules are very flexible.
Good starting job
Swing Manager, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 April 2018
This workplace was an ok environment. minimum wage but chance for advancement... and quickly!! Upbeat environment with all sorts of different shift to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
Working with customers
Position Swing Manager, front counter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
We took orders, made food, took cash and made change. We washed tables, chairs, floors. We were good at customer service, getting crew to manage their time wisely
Pros
Crew got 1/2 pride food
SWING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 March 2018
Great place for advancement, typical day is usually busy. The workplace culture is good and the hardest part of the job is ensuring nothing goes wrong in terms of service and customers. Great training on all tasks.
Pros
free food as management
Cons
sometimes stressful when busy
Fun enviroment
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 March 2018
I have enjoyed working at Mc Donalds. It has been an awesome growth opportunity. I work with a lot of young,just entering the work force. I am able to help guide them to being a productive part of the team
Pros
Free meals
Cons
lack of reliable staff at times (usually when most needed)
Productive and Fast pace
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney River, NS9 March 2018
I learned how to accurately help manage a Mcdonald's restaurant. I also learned success can be achieved when all employees are actively involved and communicating effectively.
Pros
Oppertunity to grow and achieve higher excellence.
Cons
high number of employees and high employment turnovers
more hours
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON26 February 2018
if your looking for ANY kind of job to start with, McDonalds would be the best job for first time workers. The only downside of working at McDonalds' is that it tends to get really busy and as a result, customer complains about slow the service is..
Pros
good working experience
Cons
low pay
Good to start off not to stay long though
SWING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2018
Start my shift communicate with crew, run a smooth shift. I have learned a good amount of stuff. management could use some help ( i mean head managers, not junior managers) the workplace culture is getting a little out of hand. hardest part of the job is dealing with the higher managers and the new crew. most enjoyable working with the junior managers and being able to learn many new things.
Pros
Junior managers, friends, food
Cons
head managers new crew hiring methods and HR methods
Dynamic work environment
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Comox, BC25 February 2018
Typical day would include prepping raw food for periods of the day, directing and running drive-thru / front counter / grill, training crew, maintenance on machinery, counting and sorting money, and janitorial services. Prominent lessons learned would include how to plan an action for the future while executing a present plan, as well as development in stabilizing deteriorating morale. Workplace culture was very diverse in the ranges of age, ethnicity, and social standing / identity. Hardest part of the job would be the fresh employees that don't get proper training, which leads to veteran employees taking on their tasks as well as their own. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the speed of the day.
Pros
Flexible schedules and great benefits
Cons
Constant rotation of new employees
Was an okay place to work
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2018
Left this employment after 9 years because I kept getting promised a promotion that never came. I was doing the job of a salaried employee but only getting paid as a swing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

530.5K