McDonald's Employee Reviews for Swing Manager

Fast-paced workplace
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2018
This company can be fun to work for when there is enough employees scheduled and you make a lot of friends. If you are a dedicated worker, it is very easy to move up in the company and quickly become a restaurant manager with amazing benefits.
Pros
50% off one meal at any McDonald's across Canada.
Cons
Short-staffed sometimes
Fast-paced, energetic and fun!
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 July 2018
McDonald's is an amazing company to work for. They devote a lot of time and energy to training their employees, and one can really develop a lot of essential life skills while working at McDonald's. They treat their employees very well and their was always a cool incentive going on. However, I always had an issue with their pay rates. Since the corporation is so HUGE and successful, I believe they should really show their appreciation for their hard working employees by increasing their pay rates. Furthermore, McDonald's has been the best job I have worked at - work was always fun, challenging, and rewarding. 10/10 would recommend working here!
Good First Job
Swing Manager / Assistant Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON22 July 2018
McDonald's will provide you with a strong amount of training. You must be willing to learn and improve with the company and you can take skills you learned anywhere.
Good experience
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2018
Good training ground
Friendly environment most of the time
Flexible time
Good people around
Good training path

Sometimes under employed especially in the morning
Fun crew to work with job can get tense.
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 June 2018
McDonalds is a great place to start out as it builds basic skills to help in future employment and dealing with the customers can become very repetitive and bad sometimes as people complain about the strangest things.
Pros
As management, free lunch and paid breaks
Cons
Stay to help beyond shift hours to aid next manager
A great starter for a kid
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON20 June 2018
As a kid, this taught me more in life than school (ironic), learned hierarchy, respect, how to take a hit, get things done on time, plan ahead, communicate quickly and efficiently, responsibilities to show up on time.

it was hard to get shouted sometimes when I was not responsible, because public service jobs are like that, but it taught me manners and patience.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
had to pay own shoes and they wore down fast
customer service
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2018
Typical customer service job requiring cleaning, cooking, stocking and serving customers. Great for a first job, highly recommend. Lots of opportunity.
great experience
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 June 2018
great environment and learning experience. Really teaches responsibility. A great place to make friends, and learn how to behave in a work place. People seem to think that McDonald s is just a place to flip burgers but it is much more to that. I would suggest this as a step up or as a career..
Mcdonalds Swing Manager
Swing manager (Former Employee) –  Beaconsfield, QC3 June 2018
Great experience to learn management skills, team work, ponctuality, moving up in a company, working in a high pressure environment, leading other employees, learning accountability.
Cons:
Very stressfull.
High pressure.
Employees come and go
People break out and start crying all the time
Rude customers
Pros
free food for management, good experience
Cons
Often need to do overtime, discipline employees.
Fun workplace and loving staff
Swing shift manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 June 2018
They make sure that you are trained no matter what rank you are. The staff are great at times and very lively. Customers can be challenging at times but other times hilarious. A very fun interesting place.
Good if you make it good
Swing manager - Supervisor (full time) (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 May 2018
Was an amazing experience for a first time job, Very great place to make new friends and get a lot of experience with customer service. Had very good flexibility for scheduling for students and part time workers. Management was great until there were a couple changes in that.
Pros
availability
Cons
monthly raises, and yearly raises
Overall perception
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 May 2018
Crew are very friendly with each other. I learned how to reset the system, count the safe and tills, close for my shift, calculate if we are below or over the hourly sales, and much more. Management was horrible and not fair to the managers; they didn't treat us properly. Workplace culture was very welcoming from the inside, and regular customers were always happy to see familiar faces behind the counter. Hardest part was planning crew breaks, thinking of solutions on the spot, and dealing with challenging or difficult customers. Most enjoyable part was speaking to regular customers and being with my crew and making the most out of our shifts.
Customers are hard to deal with
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 May 2018
The job is mentally exhausting and being yelled at by customers is horrible. People are really nasty and the quote, "the customer is always right," is so wrong and also usually untrue. Prices are a fixed rate I don't have the ability to change them at a snap of my fingers.
Pros
great discounts, flexible
Cons
customers
fine
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 May 2018
good for part time, and students.
management not really encouraging while working.
pressure and stress I felt during my stay.
not really flexible job
Productive and fun workplace
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrayville, BC13 May 2018
Amazing training and easy to advance forward and move up the ranks. I reakky enjoyed being able to learn how to lead, manage, train, coach and other qualities that make me who I am.
Great first job
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC3 May 2018
McDonald's was definitely a great first job. There are a multitude of opportunities, despite the company, as a whole, going through reorganization. Definitely would recommend to students, excellent training.
Productive and Fun Workplace with great opportunity for advencment
Swing manager (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 April 2018
I have learning incredible communication skills, time management skill and the ability to work under some serious pressure. I have had a great management team at the 3 stores that I have worked.
Pros
Benefits with full time employees, great staff, fun activities
Cons
Breaks can be uncontrolled, hours are flexible but uncontrollable for full time.
friendly enviroment
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 April 2018
it is competitive and fun, most of the people is friendly and helpful. we treat each other as a family especially the one that we work for a longer time.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
not enough hours
It was what you would expect
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 April 2018
Provided a good place to start my working history. Made great friends and learned how to preform at a job. Stayed there until i was promoted, but it is what you would expect.
Fun and innovative
Swing Manager (supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2018
Mcdonalds is always trying new things to enhance their working environment and tries to make everything as efficient as possible. I enjoyed communicating with the staff and the teamwork displayed by everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

533.7K