McDonald's Employee Reviews for Swing Manager

Found 389 reviews matching the search See all 144,304 reviews
Hard working and fun place to be
Opening Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 January 2019
I found it to be a rewarding experience in learning how to become a stronger person in regards to delegation and management skills. Management are helpful and supportive.
Hardest part of my job is getting to achieve the goals the restaurants aspire for in the midst of unhappy guests.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I have worked with. They are the kindest people and most hard working I have ever known.
Pros
benefits for full timers and half off food until you become a manager
Cons
angry guests and rush peaks
Productive, fast-paced work environment
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 January 2019
McDonalds is a great first job! A typical day consisted of servicing drive thru and in store clients, food handling (making french fries, drinks, preparing baked goods and ice cream), stalking merchandise and maintaining store cleanliness.
Under appreciated
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Arnprior, ON9 January 2019
Worked there for a long time. Made some good friends and contacts. Lost a lot of sleep because of poor management from the owner and upper management. Disrespectful towards those that work there. Very rude and demeaning to you.

Humiliation from the upper management people that are on power trips.

Don't work there if you can avoid it. Only thing good for is a pay check.
Pros
50% discount on meals
Cons
expected to have no life and just smile and take it.
Productive work place, great job for a student.
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2019
A great job as a student, what you learn on the job will be transferable to school, and future careers. Management is approachable and does a great job trying to balance out hours with everyone especially great with working around school schedules.
stepping stone job.
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 December 2018
Overall I've l learned a lot of skills, though its not a forever job. Met some good people. Good place to work while you're in school. Customers will be rude and look down on you.
Pros
flexible enough to work while going to school
Cons
rude management
Great job security and advancement
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 November 2018
Great job security and benefits. Mcdonalds has an overall friendly workplace culture in which you can create long lasting friendships or agreeable relationships with your coworkers. The managers are friendly and approachable.

Hours are mostly flexible, however most locations have availability requirements which must be met. Open weekends, ability to close during the week etc. Great for students of all ages, retired part timers, or those looking to build a career.

Fast-paced, and customer centric. Take those as a con or a pro as you wish haha.

Overall, a great place to work!
Foundation for Success
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON9 November 2018
The job taught me great skills in work ethic and how to value my reputation as an employee. It was very well versed in training and the management was always available to help where needed.
Pros
Half Price Meals
Cons
Young Staff
great job to until you age
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2018
a great place to work at learning leadership, patience and people skills. you will learn how to prioritize a task that was given.
a typical day at work will depends on the day and how good you are using your critical thinking.
Fun place for young people to learn basic skills
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2018
The management is horrible where i work, because its privately owned, the store never has money to fix broken things,...
A lot of problems that we complain about, never get fixed. Because some people have worked there for a long, there is a lot of biased treatment and favouritism. The store manager isn't trained, most of the managers aren't trained and all employees hired in the last 6mo-2 years haven't been trained. They learn as they go and don't follow procedure.
Pros
free food for manaers
Cons
long hours, short staff, broken tools, shortage of products
Fast paced and always busy
Swing manager (about to be salary) (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 October 2018
At the Mcdonalds I worked at it was alright. Everything worked out alright, although management was messed up and their was no communication. It was a family owned business so things weren’t as fair as they could’ve been. And the training is a nightmare. I learned that I had to be patient but I have no more to give. My schedule was always messed around with no communication and was forced to do things without being asked or informed. With little to no training. Especially being put on LN with no other choice.. And to be honest with you I was an acting salary as a swing they just didn’t have the money to promote me. Even though the one salary that they had working for them couldn’t run a shift and stole product from them. So I decided it’s time to look for somewhere else that would maybe be willing to promote me and gain somebody to their mcfamily who’s willing to work for them.
Pros
Free food, Promotions, Incentives
Cons
Scheduleing, training
Fun place
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2018
Great skills were learned at this job. Friendly staff members, but management could've been improved. Salary was definitely not enough for the jobs we had to do
Good experience for real life
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2018
You learn teamwork, tough training, how to handle money, how to talk to customers, ect.

Balance between work and life was difficult. I lived, breathed, ate, slept, drank McDonald's.

Fellow exployees become a second family. You're all in this together.

Pay not worth the workload.

Takes forever to get promoted.
A good learning experience
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON18 October 2018
It was a good place to work. The crew is generally friendly, and the guests are all interesting. The hardest part of the job was when we did not have enough crew working, or when the rest of the team was not in the best mood that day. The most enjoyable part is being able to interact with the guests, help run the floor, and train new employees.
Pros
Crew outings, food discounts
I loved my time working with McDonalds
Swing manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB17 October 2018
I loved my time working at McDonalds. They are very willing to work with you and help you improve your work ethics. There is also a lot of room to grow and move up.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Constant change of staff
Over all a good place to work
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 October 2018
My location was fairly good, allowed for shift changing whenever needed as well as allowed out to book as many days off as you really wanted. However there was a fair bit of coworker drama as a lot of youth work in places like this.
Productive but sometimes not so much
Swing manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL6 October 2018
Busy place on the weekends. not so much during the week, hours burn up quick and not busy enough to guarantee 40 hours a week so if you need full time its not for you. upper management expects too much for too little
Pros
Free food for managers and 30 minute paid break
Cons
You only get a 30 minute break. no work/life balance for anyone without kids or not in school.
Good work environment, easy to get along with co-workers.
Swing Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE2 October 2018
A typical day at work can be a little stressful for me as a manager, I usually work alone as the only manager and have to carry out all managerial tasks by myself, however I have no problem with it and actually enjoy the responsibility.

I learned a lot, Food Safety, Cash deposits, ServSafe, BSM, Proper training procedures, among others.

The hardest part would be the repetitiveness, almost everyday is the same.

The most enjoyable part is the crew and co-workers, if I am working with people I like, it is a good shift. Also have met many friends from working here, and even a few significant others.
Pros
Paid breaks, free manager lunches, schedule flexibility, almost guaranteed time off if asked.
Cons
Repetitiveness, if its bad crew working its a terrible shift.
Fun place for a first job
Swing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 October 2018
Had tonnes of fun in my McDonald experience worked there for almost 4 years moved up to management i can honestly say this job taught me management skills that i took into the rest of my jobs. Great experience!!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not much pay
fast pace, well organized, fun work environment
Swing Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 September 2018
everyday was a different work experience.
the best part was to challenge yourself to achieve all your targets and goals while still attending to very employee, also guests needs.
Pros
discountedon food 50%
Cons
high stress environment
Great environment
Swing Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 September 2018
A typical day at work is filled with customers both good and bad. Over my six years I have learned something new almost everyday. Whether its with day to day operations or how to contribute to truly running the business. Being a part of management there has been an experience of its own. I understand how hard it is to run a business now and deal with my crew and the demands of the owner/company. I do my best to create a good work environment like my managers did for me when I was crew. Hardest part of the job is the customers. They make coming to work hard sometimes. Best part is my management team I get to work with everyday and the crew we have hired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

537K