McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Friendly and Great Place to start
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON17 July 2018
McDonald's is the greatest place to start a career. They offer so much and really do appreciate their employees. I have learned so much from working there and dealing with customers.
Great workplace for a first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC13 July 2018
A typical day working as a crew member consisted of working within drive thru, taking cash and credit payments as well as giving out food. Enjoyable because you are able to work in a team.
Customer Serivce
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 July 2018
I worked here over 14 years ago but they are all about team work and making you achieve your goals. I learned alot of skills from working at McDonalds
Productive workplace to make you organised
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC3 July 2018
Mcdonalds is a good place to start to gain a good customer service experience along with being productive while working in a fast pace environment.

Talking about a typical day at McDonalds was boxing day. The mall was packed with people and They called everyone to work so we were around 50 workers inside working together in a team. Talking to each other along with work makes the work stress free. My 8 hours of shift was just like few hours to me and I was not even tired. So I learned working in a team along with handling customers problems to make them happy.
The people make or break the job
Preparation Cook/Chef/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2018
I loved a select few people who I worked with who made my days absolutely amazing, but soon many big changes happened and people got put in bad situations which took the whole place downhill really fast. It wasn't corporate it was privately owned. I've heard amazing stories about Corporate but that's my personal experience. Yours is what you make it out to be
Pros
Half off food
High pace working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2018
My location was a very high pace location to be at, it sometimes was a negative work environment and had many cons as well. Overall it gave me a platform.
Pros
Being my first join at 15.
Cons
Sometimes was a negative work space.
McDonald's
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 June 2018
Overall I found the job enjoyable as I was able to interact with multiple customers and team members. I'm looking for something permanent and positive.
Pros
Postive environment
Cons
Night hours
Flexible Hours
Fast Friendly Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 June 2018
Very flexible hours for family life. Weekend shifts are not mandatory. Fair pay for job responsibilities. Working short on many days takes its toll after a while. I enjoy working my co-workers for the most part.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short Staffed
Helpful employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2018
I learnt how to:

Effectively handle in-store queries and complaints to guarantee positive guest experience

Maintain accurate cash management

Utilize listening skills to satisfy multi-cultural customers

Management is friendly and helpful

Most challenging part of the job is to understand different accents

Most enjoyable part is meeting people from all different background and working with them to achieve a common goal (satisfy customers)
Pros
50% lunch, Flexible Hours
Cons
Open shifts are mainly in the evening
Excellent staff and flexible hours
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON14 June 2018
Fun place to work. The staff personal was quite respectable and pleasant. The environment was clean, organized and enjoyable. Overall experience was totally cool and life rewarding.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Unpleasant customers
Productive but fun environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 June 2018
While i only worked here for a short amount of time i enjoyed it very much, the managers were all very friendly and helpful, McDonalds is a great first time job or a job to have while in school because hours are very flexible.
You become close with your coworkers and make new friends and overall just have a ton of fun at wrk while still being productive.
Overall Amazing Experience
Customer Service/Food Window Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2018
Awesome first time job, McDonalds helps with offering new employees great skills in time management, team building, organizational efficient and effective service. Management was nice, staffing and regular customers made your day.
Review McDonalds
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 June 2018
It was definitely a good first job to have.

Work atmosphere was sometimes tense with the diversity and language barriers.

It was always busy with customers.

Management - needs training and the culture of beliefs was not the best, one manager spit in my face and all that happened was he took training course - he was not dismissed.

It was enjoyable on most shifts

Enjoyed serving customers and making some new friends.
Friendly and fast pace work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2018
Its a fast pace work environment that helps you become fast and accurate on the job. I learned how to act as a customer service. The management always welcomes new ideas to ensure good service to the workers and customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Super busy
i was a kid
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Villeneuve, AB31 May 2018
first job ever, great first job and i would recommend to any kid trying to get into the workforce. they teach you invaluable things that will help you in other jobs
this job sucks because
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON29 May 2018
I found that when working at McDonalds the managers fee as if they are above everyone else and do not apreashate the hard work you put into your job. in a typical day you are treated tarably and jugged. there is only a select number of people working there who cares about anyone other then themselves
Pros
disscount
Cons
no compasion
good learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 May 2018
very fun and interactive workplace. you learn a lot working at McDonalds such as keeping your patience when dealing with difficult guest, you learn to be organized at all times and to deal with stressful situations.
Good starter
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 May 2018
I worked mainly overnights when I did work there. I would work there until you find something more permanent. I never qualified for benefits after a year, because I missed one week being sick with the stomach flu.

I didn't want to leave at first, however it was poorly managed at the time.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Stressful, dirty, and horrible managers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 May 2018
I know there are some McDonald's out there that are actually pretty decent to work at, but the vast majority are horrible. So many people quit after a couple months because it's often unorganized and unnecessarily stressful. Hours suck, especially if you get given the odd overnight. Even if you've been working overnights for a week, they'll have you work until 7 am, then expect you to be back in to work at 3 pm that same day. Many people will book a day off, but get given an overnight the exact night before, so they would make us work until 7 am on the day we booked off!
A great place to work
Front Counter Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2018
I found I had an enjoyable time working here. The coworkers were polite and helpful. If I hadn't had to move I would have loved to work with McDonalds longer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

533.6K