McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Great first workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 February 2018
Working at Mcdonalds as a highschooler was great. The workplace was not very flexible and it caused a lot of issues however the environment was great as was the training programs they implemented in order to create a positive work environment.
flexible and fun space to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC1 February 2018
fexible and fun space to work in
love the 50% discount all over north america
great place to improve your customer service oriented skills and team work
Day Staffer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 January 2018
I worked full time days at McDonalds for a number of years. It was a great job!. I loved how much they cared about me. They understood my family life was important.
It's okay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
The job is usually busy, and the hours are long, and it gets very tiring. If your coworkers are nice then that makes the job easier but the customers can be very rude and sometimes the management can be rude, too.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
fun place to work great first job
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 January 2018
a typical day would be sign in find your posstion cash or back grill normaly already stated on your schedual sheet

cashier sign in start taking orders find out here or to go right away to place either a tray or not. wait for the order to be finished before walking away to make the order.
cashier is also on fries and drinks make your boxes for the fries per order, make the drinks place them first on the tray closest to the customer from there add the hot food and then the fries are last as you dont want them cooling with the drinks.

Back gril make sure you are always ahead as you dont want someone to have to wait 5 mins for chicken. make sure to always have minimum 3 in the tray and 5 in rush hours.
Pros
half price lunches when working
Cons
long hours busy
Fast-paced, but abusive management.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC24 January 2018
Management was selective in who to reprimand, clearly had favorites in the workplace, and made it apparent.
They were sexist towards men, as the other male employees were "thrown under the bus" to do any chore or task that wasn't cleaning floors. The female employees did minimal work and were enabled by management.
Would never work there or even eat there again.
Pros
50% off every food item.
Cons
Never a consistent schedule, 50% off benefit only for ME, not even my mother.
first timers job is ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC24 January 2018
nothing to learn really,not a good place to work for long term no career growth wages r too low to raise a family no benefits for part time person....
Ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 January 2018
An OK place to work for a few months as a teenager. Definitely take advantage of teens. Power tripping managers. Some good managers that can have fun while working. Mostly rude customers.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
short hours
Fast pace and happy.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2018
After arriving serve customers, as well as keep stock on all products and a maintaining a clean environment. Sometimes it would get extremely busy, but management would always come up and lend a hand where it was needed. The staff and managers were always very happy and ready to make the day go by with ease.
Pros
Accommodating schedule
Goodexperience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2018
Had an amazing time working with my co-workers. As my first job with customer service, I learned new things like how to communicate with impatient customers and solving problems that occurred.
fast paced fast food
Cash/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 January 2018
Everybody is either running around doing 5 things at once asking you if you can help them out or else you're standing around with no customers and nothing to do and your feet hurt and you get yelled at for standing around when you could be wiping down tables.
Pros
half off everything
Cons
long hours, rude customers, too much to do
A very good first job, teaches you the basics needed for any job.
Customer service/ cleaning, Parksville Location (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC9 January 2018
McDonald's, has the best training I've ever had. My trainer made sure to make me feel comfortable and made sure I knew what was going on. They don't overload you with information, train you for several days. And make sure someone is always with you so your doing the job right.
A day of work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 January 2018
I had an amazing time for working for McDonalds. There company Is great and safe for working in. Training is great and feel comfortable working. One of the best places you can start off bulding your career.
Pros
able to get free lunch for working hard.
Cons
Switching management ( hard on the crew)
Fast paced job that has a fun work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 January 2018
A typical day at work was seeing many coworkers that I love and regular customers that I had made connections with. I learned a lot about how to deal with customers and teamwork (working with people around me). I also learned how to deal with authority figures (like managers). I gained customer service skills and how to attend to customer needs etc. Workplace culture at Mc Donald's was like a family culture. I treated my coworkers as friends and that helped us all have a good time at work while being productive and getting along; I was also given the same treatment back. The hardest part of the job was how busy it got sometimes and trying to deal with many orders at once, but it was always doable as long as I stayed patient and did everything efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, seeing my coworkers and all the regular customers. Another good part was the feeling of productivity and learning something new everyday.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2018
Always busy, taking orders, payment, packaging food.
Management was good.
Workplace was always busy and you were always moving.
Most of the customers were great.
interesting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB5 January 2018
was interesting and new, worked hard and enjoyed the the staff that was there. made friends there that still talk to and learned more about myself after I moved here
Pros
met new people
Cons
they wanted me to put them first over my son
Good learning experience for those starting out
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 January 2018
The variety of positions helps ensure you're not always stuck doing the same thing, unless that's what you'd prefer. There's good days and bad days, but that's usually determined by the general public, as with any other customer-oriented job.
productive and fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2018
working for McDonalds I learnt to over come with speed & a fast energetic place . i also learnt what it took to be in the cooking industry , how it worked
Pros
amazing staff
Cons
never closes
easy environment
Customer service handling (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 December 2017
Team work was always good to be in. Everyone doing their part. High turnover rate, but always new faces to meet. Plenty of chances for advancement, shift work was not so bad.
Pros
free meals from time to time.
Cons
night work was almost always mandatory.
great place to start
cash, customer service (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON19 December 2017
Great place to start your working career, this was my first job out of high school. Learned alot from this company. Its a fast paced environment to work in.Can be stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.7K