McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 399 reviews matching the search See all 143,731 reviews
Fun but not considering the things we ask
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Masson-Angers, QC4 January 2019
It’s fun to work there but it’s very hard to get the number of hours that you are asking for. It makes it hard for me to really want to stay there and to continue when I only have 3h a week and I ask for 15h
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Very few hours and weird shifts
Easy going workplace with friendly co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON19 December 2018
A typical day at McDonalds was a fun and hardworking experience, its fun working with your coworkers and getting to know them along the way of some challenges. I noticed the job was a lot easier when your comfortable with working with your peers especially because it is a team setting job.
Decent hours and good skills.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB18 December 2018
The skills learned in this fast past environment taught me to handle problems in a fast and effective way, as well as help assess the needs of the customer.
good and bad
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Acton, ON18 December 2018
Not a great place to work. The people you work with are amazing for the most part. there isn't a lot of discipline and the managers don't respect their job. Its a good temp job or first job but don't plan on staying there. there are a lot of problems that do not get fixed.
Pros
50% off food when working
Cons
opening at 4:30am and closing at 1am
unproffesional
Kitchen / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  kitchen cook5 December 2018
the management were rude and treated us very badly. they refused to let me go home even when I was puking at work, keep in mind I was working with food as well.
Good Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2018
Good job for students because hours are really flexible. You get to learn how one of the best fast food restaurant sort of work. You get to meet a lot of interesting people
busy environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB19 November 2018
theres never nothing to do here, sometimes it gets slow but that happens. the most unpleasant experiences were because of either rude co workers or rude customers. nothing unexpected from a fast food restaurant.
It was alright
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Weston, ON14 November 2018
the people there where amazing and i got along with everyone and the staff where great but sometime the customer would be rude and the rush hours at lunch was too much
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2018
It was my first job as a teenager. They gave me full time hours with 2 days off. Worked here for 6 years. they pay is great. met new people and made friends with them. paid 2 weeks vacation and holidays.
It was a good first Job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB7 November 2018
Overall, I did really enjoy my time there because my co-workers were just excellent people to be around. I also got the hours I asked for and the management was very flexible with my hours.
But there were a few moment that really made me not like the job, and it was more-than-less the costumers. You always remember the bad experiences.
Pros
50% discount on meal
Good but busy
Trained in Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 November 2018
I find that it''s hard to work in such a busy environment if you suffer from any mental illness or stress problems. Co-Workers were good. Management was good.
Cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC3 November 2018
It is a good first job for students. Conditions can be tough, the environment is very fast paced and can get a little stressful but once you work at Mc Donald's you can work anywhere!
Pros
50% off, flexible for students
Cons
salary
Mcdonalds
Team Leader & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2018
Mcdonalds was a great place to work during my time there and i learned a lot through my position as a customer service representative. I enjoy the crew and managers were friendly
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Tedious
Productive Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 October 2018
Running the floor up to 15 crew
making deposits at the end of the day
Customer Service
The most enjoyable part of my job is all the pleasant customers i get to encounter everyday
Rating
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
McDonalds crew members work in the kitchen preparing food and at the front counter helping customers through the ordering process. Team member job duties include operating a cash register, running the drive-thru, cooking Big Macs and other menu items, cleaning the restaurant, and completing other assigned tasks. A Crew Member has three main responsibilities: Customer Service, Food Preparation and Cleanliness and Hygiene.

Provide customers with the menu and suggest food items as per their preferences. Inform customers of any special or new deals that the company has introduced. Take cash or process credit cards in
exchange of meals sold.
fun work place
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2018
it was an up beat work environment, people were always happy when they came in and left.

there was a little bit of bullying but nothing that wasn't handled right away.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not getting enough hours
Fun vibrant workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 September 2018
McDonalds is hands down the best workplace i've ever had. Management and coworkers are all a fun team; its a very interactive workplace with lots of room for advancement. This is a very flexible workplace and they give decent hours. It's easy to give away and take shifts. Management is very understanding about schedules when you need to go away for school. I worked on cash and drivethrough. I learned how to work as a team in this environment and how to work under stress. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with demands when too many people call in sick at once. (but that doesn't happen often). One con is that you may be restationed at the start of your shift from what you were orginally scheduled. The most enjoyable part of the job is our staff outings, your coworkers become your family in this environment. Its also fun coming into work and seeing who you're going to be working with that day! :)
Pros
Free food, 50% discount, staff outtings, flexible hours, amazing management
Cons
Can be busy at times, you may be restationed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB15 September 2018
Overall it was a really good place to work, if you have a good attitude and can actually do some work you'll have a great experience there. Don't be negative, don't be rude, attempt to learn and do well, and you'll have a great experience.
It's a first job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 September 2018
Don's will drain your faith in humanity, Cut benefits plus hours, unpredictable hours, Poor training, poor working conditions, no one cares, poor pay, promotions are non-exsistant, Managment is the only way to get a decent schedule/pay.

Don't work fast food.
Pros
You learn a lot of skills.
Cons
Everything.
Fun workplace
Kitchen and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB25 August 2018
It is very fun meeting new people everyday, and seeing regular customers and making connections with them over time. The hours are very flexible and management is open to speaking about any issues you may have.
Pros
Staff discount, flexible hours, exiting
Cons
very fast pace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

536.8K