McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Stressful, dirty, and horrible managers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 May 2018
I know there are some McDonald's out there that are actually pretty decent to work at, but the vast majority are horrible. So many people quit after a couple months because it's often unorganized and unnecessarily stressful. Hours suck, especially if you get given the odd overnight. Even if you've been working overnights for a week, they'll have you work until 7 am, then expect you to be back in to work at 3 pm that same day. Many people will book a day off, but get given an overnight the exact night before, so they would make us work until 7 am on the day we booked off!
Work day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 May 2018
Daily duties of serving customers food, taking orders. Enjoying preparation of drink and desserts, maintaining a clean work place. Great for first time work experience
Loved working here.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 May 2018
I think this is a great job for a teenager or student. They care about your education and the hours are guaranteed to be great. Although you will be working the odd overnight, and lots of weekends and evenings. It's a great place that teaches you great skill sets.
Pros
Great hours, great people
Cons
Minimum Wage
Fun work enviroment with good people
Kitchen & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL24 April 2018
Working nonstop in the kitchen and the drive thru window by preparing precise food orders in adequate timing and precision. Helping customers and following their orders to make sure food is good.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Rude customers
overall an experance
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
my typical days included cleaning, cashier, customer service and running and presenting the food to our customers. i learned how our system worked in many ways and the pay and hours were good & should be flexible but the only con would be that its like being in a highschool environment. theirs not much professional about mcdonalds
Pros
good discount
best first job
friendly customer service (Former Employee) –  Tillsonburg, ON20 April 2018
i have learned so much from working at McDonald.
when i worked at McDonald which was awhile ago so not sure if it changed but the layout was nice, everyone was helpful and understanding.
productive and fun workplace with great people
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 April 2018
I learned to deal with customers, I received great training and my co-workers and managers were all really good. I always enjoyed my shifts every time and they are very flexible with hours.
Exciting and versatile workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
It was a fun place to work and my coworkers were amazing to work with. It provided a ton of experience in many areas of skill and it is a great place for entry level workers.
Cons
unpaid breaks
Amazing place to work.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON7 April 2018
I love working there, the training is amazing. It has really helped me overcome my fear of confrontation. It was a great job to meet people. Met many friends working there and met some really cool customers. I will definitely recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Efc, training
Cons
when its busy it can be very stressful
fast paced
customer service (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB5 April 2018
A typical day is greeting customers and receiving funds for purchases. I also spend time in the restaurant talking to and helping customers with their needs.
Pros
I get to make people smile have a few laughs
Cons
the drive through is cold sometimes

Want to know more about McDonald's?

Ask a question
Fun place to work
Customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 April 2018
Very enjoyable place to work, clean, well staffed. Managers are nice and helpful. Food is great, fast!
Have made lots of friends with co workers, great group of people
Great starter job
customer service (Former Employee) –  Exeter, ON1 April 2018
McDonald's works around your schedule..they have crew outings and there is always room for advancement. The management care about their crew members.
Fun first job to have
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 March 2018
Easy and educational first job to have. Really helps with learning how real jobs work. Management was mediocre, but workplace culture was quite good. Overall good experience,
Pros
Education
Cons
Pay
fun
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2018
it was really fun working there. everyone was nice the managers and the crew members. there were alot of benefits working there. fast paced environment
working at mcdonalds
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON27 March 2018
managers are always nice.
great working environment.
amazing co workers.
when you need time off, you typically get it off.
most customers are nice.
is a great first job
Mcdonald's
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON22 March 2018
I worked at McDonald's for 2 years, I had worked at 3 different locations. a typical day at McDonald's is always fun, because there are amazing people working and customers who are friendly. I really enjoyed working at all three locations. I would highly recommend McDonald's as a first job for students because of the experiences and training they provide. This type of work environment is good for learning and making friends, I had a great time with my co-workers. The management in the 3 locations where okay, There were some managers who really cared for their job and did all they could to keep the store running smoothly and that everyone was happy. But there are a lot of managers that caused problems, didn't follow procedures and were not helpful when asked questions or needed assistance.
Pros
meeting new people, hours, experience, money
Cons
some customers
Fun Place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Gravenhurst, ON20 March 2018
Learned a lot from McDonald's
Most enjoyable was seeing the friendly faces of the regular customers every morning
Management was great they were always there to help if you needed it
A great place to start off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 March 2018
Every thought of how your fast food restaurants works, look no further as McDonalds would be a great choice. Many CEO's are built at fast food restaurants who run fortune 500 companies now.
fun place to work. fast paced and i love it.
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2018
I love to help customers, this has always been my passion. so the ability to be able to serve customers regardless of their approach was a thing i found interest in.
Great and Enjoyable
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Regina10 March 2018
When I worked at McDonald's I really enjoyed my time there I wanted to goto work the staff was like one big family and everyone treated you great the job was fun and I would recommend McDonald's to anyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

530.7K