McDonald's Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Rating
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
McDonalds crew members work in the kitchen preparing food and at the front counter helping customers through the ordering process. Team member job duties include operating a cash register, running the drive-thru, cooking Big Macs and other menu items, cleaning the restaurant, and completing other assigned tasks. A Crew Member has three main responsibilities: Customer Service, Food Preparation and Cleanliness and Hygiene.

Provide customers with the menu and suggest food items as per their preferences. Inform customers of any special or new deals that the company has introduced. Take cash or process credit cards in
exchange of meals sold.
fun work place
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 October 2018
it was an up beat work environment, people were always happy when they came in and left.

there was a little bit of bullying but nothing that wasn't handled right away.
Pros
50% off
Cons
not getting enough hours
Fun vibrant workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON28 September 2018
McDonalds is hands down the best workplace i've ever had. Management and coworkers are all a fun team; its a very interactive workplace with lots of room for advancement. This is a very flexible workplace and they give decent hours. It's easy to give away and take shifts. Management is very understanding about schedules when you need to go away for school. I worked on cash and drivethrough. I learned how to work as a team in this environment and how to work under stress. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with demands when too many people call in sick at once. (but that doesn't happen often). One con is that you may be restationed at the start of your shift from what you were orginally scheduled. The most enjoyable part of the job is our staff outings, your coworkers become your family in this environment. Its also fun coming into work and seeing who you're going to be working with that day! :)
Pros
Free food, 50% discount, staff outtings, flexible hours, amazing management
Cons
Can be busy at times, you may be restationed
It's a first job
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 September 2018
Don's will drain your faith in humanity, Cut benefits plus hours, unpredictable hours, Poor training, poor working conditions, no one cares, poor pay, promotions are non-exsistant, Managment is the only way to get a decent schedule/pay.

Don't work fast food.
Pros
You learn a lot of skills.
Cons
Everything.
Fun workplace
Kitchen and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Lacombe, AB25 August 2018
It is very fun meeting new people everyday, and seeing regular customers and making connections with them over time. The hours are very flexible and management is open to speaking about any issues you may have.
Pros
Staff discount, flexible hours, exiting
Cons
very fast pace
fun
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 July 2018
It was a lot of fun while working there. I have made so many friends in that period. We see new people everyday. i enjoyed working there. It was good experience for me.
Friendly and Great Place to start
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON17 July 2018
McDonald's is the greatest place to start a career. They offer so much and really do appreciate their employees. I have learned so much from working there and dealing with customers.
Great workplace for a first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC13 July 2018
A typical day working as a crew member consisted of working within drive thru, taking cash and credit payments as well as giving out food. Enjoyable because you are able to work in a team.
Customer Serivce
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 July 2018
I worked here over 14 years ago but they are all about team work and making you achieve your goals. I learned alot of skills from working at McDonalds
Productive workplace to make you organised
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Metrotown, BC3 July 2018
Mcdonalds is a good place to start to gain a good customer service experience along with being productive while working in a fast pace environment.

Talking about a typical day at McDonalds was boxing day. The mall was packed with people and They called everyone to work so we were around 50 workers inside working together in a team. Talking to each other along with work makes the work stress free. My 8 hours of shift was just like few hours to me and I was not even tired. So I learned working in a team along with handling customers problems to make them happy.
The people make or break the job
Preparation Cook/Chef/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2018
I loved a select few people who I worked with who made my days absolutely amazing, but soon many big changes happened and people got put in bad situations which took the whole place downhill really fast. It wasn't corporate it was privately owned. I've heard amazing stories about Corporate but that's my personal experience. Yours is what you make it out to be
Pros
Half off food
High pace working environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2018
My location was a very high pace location to be at, it sometimes was a negative work environment and had many cons as well. Overall it gave me a platform.
Pros
Being my first join at 15.
Cons
Sometimes was a negative work space.
McDonald's
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 June 2018
Overall I found the job enjoyable as I was able to interact with multiple customers and team members. I'm looking for something permanent and positive.
Pros
Postive environment
Cons
Night hours
Flexible Hours
Fast Friendly Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON22 June 2018
Very flexible hours for family life. Weekend shifts are not mandatory. Fair pay for job responsibilities. Working short on many days takes its toll after a while. I enjoy working my co-workers for the most part.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short Staffed
Helpful employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2018
I learnt how to:

Effectively handle in-store queries and complaints to guarantee positive guest experience

Maintain accurate cash management

Utilize listening skills to satisfy multi-cultural customers

Management is friendly and helpful

Most challenging part of the job is to understand different accents

Most enjoyable part is meeting people from all different background and working with them to achieve a common goal (satisfy customers)
Pros
50% lunch, Flexible Hours
Cons
Open shifts are mainly in the evening
Excellent staff and flexible hours
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON14 June 2018
Fun place to work. The staff personal was quite respectable and pleasant. The environment was clean, organized and enjoyable. Overall experience was totally cool and life rewarding.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Unpleasant customers
Productive but fun environment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 June 2018
While i only worked here for a short amount of time i enjoyed it very much, the managers were all very friendly and helpful, McDonalds is a great first time job or a job to have while in school because hours are very flexible.
You become close with your coworkers and make new friends and overall just have a ton of fun at wrk while still being productive.
Overall Amazing Experience
Customer Service/Food Window Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 June 2018
Awesome first time job, McDonalds helps with offering new employees great skills in time management, team building, organizational efficient and effective service. Management was nice, staffing and regular customers made your day.
Review McDonalds
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 June 2018
It was definitely a good first job to have.

Work atmosphere was sometimes tense with the diversity and language barriers.

It was always busy with customers.

Management - needs training and the culture of beliefs was not the best, one manager spit in my face and all that happened was he took training course - he was not dismissed.

It was enjoyable on most shifts

Enjoyed serving customers and making some new friends.
Friendly and fast pace work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2018
Its a fast pace work environment that helps you become fast and accurate on the job. I learned how to act as a customer service. The management always welcomes new ideas to ensure good service to the workers and customers.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Super busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

535.1K