McDonald's Employee Reviews for Crew Member

fast paced, fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 February 2018
It is a very fast paced job where you learn to plan to prepare for the future. I have learned how to time manage and how to plan out my personal schedule.
Pros
Very flexible hours
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Good first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
you start out as a cashier just taking orders they move you into more advanced roles the longer you're there. can be very busy and stressful depending on management and how you handle stress. very team oriented you'll work in a close-knit team with others. good opportunity to move up in management. VERY flexible hours short shifts so it's easy to give away a shift or take on another shift. if you want to work a lot of hours you can if you want to work very few hours you can. management was fine. an overall good place to start with flexible hours friendly co-workers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
can get busy and stressful
super rude managers with terrible hours
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2018
I worked here for a year and a half and was so thankful when I found a new job. I was never given the hours I had asked for and my shifts constantly got cancelled. The managers were unwilling to work as hard as the crew members which made the shifts difficult and not fun at all :(
Pros
50% off food and free drinks
Cons
really bad scheduling
Typical fast food joint
CREW MEMBER/WORKER (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 February 2018
A typical day was always busy. Ive learned to work in a super busy enviroment. Management was okay, could be improved. The culture was again very diverse.
Productive and Fast Paced
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2018
Working at McDonald's is lots of fun & very high speed. Everything has a precise method & everyone is willing to answer any of your questions. A great place to apply for your first job!
Pros
Welcoming team, friendly faces
Cons
Long hours spent standing, need to multitask
Interesting and rewarding
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2018
Learnt management skills, further developed teamwork. Understood the framework of canadian job market. enhanced communication and interpersonal skills.
Love this job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2018
Happy place to work, everyone worked together to make the day run smoothly. Management was very understanding and willing to work with you, very friendly.
Pros
Discount on employee meals
An okay place to work for students
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2018
You spend most of your day taking orders and making fries. It is an okay place to work for teenagers and students but not a good long term employment. You learn a lot about people and how to deal with complaints. The management was not good. The best part was the food discount and the worst part is always feeling greasy and smelling like fried foods.
Fast paced and enjoyable work environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON18 February 2018
A typical day working at Mcdonald's involved many different aspects of teamwork, multitasking, and hard work. Working in the Mcdonald's environment meant every day was a fast paced day filled with 'Mcdonald's moments'. The one thing I learned from working at said establishment was how to handle balancing multiple tasks at the same time while maintaining the customers satisfaction. The hardest part of the job would have been the inconsistent hours from one week to another, but the crew and management always made up for it with making the job more enjoyable each and every day.
Pros
discount
Cons
inconsistent hours
Just Amazing
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 February 2018
working at one of the largest fast food restaurant in the world is completely different experience. crew members are very friendly and the management too. you can gain great skills and experiences by working here
Busy workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 February 2018
Management was not understanding, wanted me to work when I was very sick (made me bring in a doctors note). However, a great time to work with other crew members.
Amazing first job!
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON15 February 2018
I highly recommend Mcdonalds as a starting point for anyone who is looking to enter into a career in the customer service industry. They are extremely friendly, with an easy to follow training program and enthusiastic staff it is an EXCELLENT first job!
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Early Mornings
Fun workplace.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, NL14 February 2018
Good work space. Nice people. Comfortable and free uniforms. Beneficial to increase my social skills and ability to multitask and work well with others.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Over staffed
Mcdonalds
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 February 2018
It was great working there. lovely staff friendly people. learned how to clean fryers, work as a team. hardest part was the back pain from heavy item.
Extremely fun work environment with awesome management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON12 February 2018
A typical day at McDonalds involves speaking with customers and receiving their orders, preparing food and beverages, cleaning your workstation and the restaurant and creating a fun atmosphere for the guests. I learned how to be a reliable and contributing member of a team. Management was by far the best at any job i have ever worked at. They truly want to help you. I loved the interaction with not only coworkers but also guests, and the promotions throughout the year. The hardest part of the job is the physical toll it takes from the long hours of standing. The most enjoyable part is the interaction with guests.
Pros
flexible schedule, understanding managers, interesting job
Cons
lots of standing, early morning/late night shifts
well organized company
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
mcdonalds is a very highly well organized place to work at, the workers are friendly and well mannered . This was an amazing job honestly. This job is definitely a great starter job even though it wasn't my first I just know it would be. The managers were great, the training program was exceptional, everyone respected eachother, you could get crossed trained fast if you are good enough and showed more initiative I got told I was close. I was in kitchen and everything was so easy to remember for example the fried products and grilled products were just automated things when cooked so just click a couple of buttons and done all you had to do is set it up right. The hardest part of the job was when you were dressing the bun and putting it together but that wasn't even that hard to be honest the recipes to remember were easy because a lot of them were just repeated. If you were full time like I was you would have to stand on your feet for 7 to 8 hours with a 30 minute break so make sure you can do that. The people were my most enjoyable part and of course the 50% discount at anytime.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
very busy
fun, fast, and productive workplace as well as atmosphere. the same goes to the employees.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 February 2018
I learned a lot about how and where mcdonald's products and produce come from. the managers are great people and easy to talk to about anything work related or not. Its a great place to work if you like making people happy.
it is a nice place to work,explore, find and embrace your talents
Crew member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 February 2018
i found this place very friendly to work,even though is tarted as a kitchen crew, McDonald's allow me to explore my other talents like customer servicing and my leader ship quality, i got an opportunity to train new crew members .
Pros
half price for lunches
Cons
mentally stressfull
Poor Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC11 February 2018
Managers treated staff very poorly, did not make my time spent at mcdonalds enjoyable and made me dread going into work aftert school and on weekends.
pay the rent
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 February 2018
- This job is very good for a short time.

- The management is very bad, everytime is a product missing.

- It is a hard job, because all the time it is very busy and the store has not enough employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.7K