McDonald's Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Found 1,910 reviews matching the search See all 146,962 reviews
A great learning opportunity
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 February 2019
Can get very stressful during rush times. The most enjoyable part about working at McDonalds was working with other young people who are all awesome. This job helped me learn to work better with a team and was a great introduction to customer service for me as well.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
management will ask you to do a broom and mop every 5 minutes
fun workplace
Part time Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2019
this is my fist time to work in a food industry. I think i am enjoying it being around with other set of people that you can learn so much new things. how to handle stress and how to overcome fear and hone my skills as a crew member.
not great but not bad
Crew member(BOH) (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 February 2019
decent place to work, not alot of things you can do here other than using the systems they tell you to use. its good for kids who are looking to learn the whole work place thing.
Pros
sometimes free food but platnium cards gives you a 50% off (if you actually get it)
Cons
management cares more about themselves than workers or customers
So many ways to learn.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 February 2019
Mcdonalds teaches you many things.
for example; how to work fast paced, how to interact with many people of many cultures, how to handle un-happy customers.
great place to work.
plus managers get free food which is great.
Pros
Free food id your a manager
fun workplace
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC20 February 2019
the hardest part was some of the customers would give quite a bit of negativity for example if it was busy and they didn't get there food on time. and that wasn't my fault because i was just getting it from the kitchen to them.
Pros
discount
flexible
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS20 February 2019
hours are flexible, very busy, you must be able to clean, have customer service skills and always be on your feet, overall a good starting job that will be flexible
awful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 February 2019
Genuinely the worst two years of my life to the the minimum, the abuse and mistreatment i received upon those work grounds would be considered unspeakable in most places.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no drinks on floor, rude managers, unsafe work enviroment, pests, etc
Not my Favorite
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 February 2019
As a first job it works. In hindsight I have very little on the postie side to say about my time working there. There was a clear hierarchy in the general staff and it was often unclear which of the managers on the floor was in charge and which was there working a shift.

I did learn how to run a till and deal with long lines so as a starting point it was as good as a place as any.
Great Crew, okay work
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON17 February 2019
Most of the crew members were great, however, some managers seemed to slack and spend most of their time in the office rather than on the floor when they were needed. The work was pretty easy, if monotonous, but overall it was a positive experience.
Fun
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 February 2019
Great place to work, very flexible with a great management team. Builds self confidence and social skills along with great customer service amongst the public.
give and take is the only way to make it.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Glen Miller, ON15 February 2019
a typically night at dons on grill was starting at 11pm busting out orders till like 1/1:30am, breaking down and disregarding any not being used utensils, ext. doing rounds of dish pit while, doing orders, and cleaning/ wiping things down in grill. grabbing things needed for the morning, raising levels and breaking, if i actually sat down on it thats another story. setting up equipment and utensils for breakfast, stocking my fridge for breakfast, getting another little rush, then it system reset and you bust during that, i clean my grill or make burritos during so they were ready for 4, system was normally at 3ish. prepping anything else that needed to be done or cooked. then at 4 you count waste, clearing all the rest of the burgers and stuff then raising breakfast levels. continuing to clean back wash and put things away in their place. mopping and sweeping. and making sure everythings ready for the morning person. during all of what youre doing youre more than likely going to have to cover the window person at some point, if both you and your drive thru are multi trained its pretty nice, cause you can both help each other when needed, and can cover each other, its definitely a give and take respect thing.

If youre on drive thru you have to take all the orders, drop fries, take payment, gather orders/ drinks, also cleaning and stocking up front and the fry station. also the baked goods now. you have to clean the coffee stations, coffee pots, coffee makers, wipe the counters, stock all the cups, tea, sugar, straws, napkins, the whole shibang. you have the abs (drink thing
  more... in drive thru) that has to be taken apart and cleaned, the smoothy machine, that has like 6 different parts that need to be done and if you aint spray bottle squirting the ( part where the mix comes out) or even not cleaning that yall in for a surprise. so you have to clean, wipe down and stock the smoothy machine, ice cream machine, abs, coffee counters, and the bin ( hot place where the food goes to be bagged) needs to be the same, cleaned, stocked, wiped. its basically a lot of cleaning and stocking but running back and forth while taking and filling orders can be exhausting, especially when the stock is at the back right of the store, and drive thrus the front left so fun times just get back there and beeeep, just turn the corner, beeeep, half way back to the front beeeeep. so yea that gets irritating. over all though if you have a good team, and supportive people on your shift with you you'll be fine, its a lot of give and take, help when you can and you'll most likely get helped in return.

the people were all really nice and generous the shift i was on but days could feel a lot like paid high school, its a job, do it, go home dont worry about other people and their lives, cause its not yours. for the most overall part it does give you a good work ethic and appreciation for team work, its easy work for decent money.
Pros
free meals (overnights), 50% off all time, very understanding when life happens, easy to talk to managers, fun staff.
Cons
not getting many weekends off, pay to pressure ratio.
Constantly busy yet fun workplace once you learn the basics
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 February 2019
I have worked at two McDonald's locations now and both are very similar. Very busy place of work that will always keep you busy.
Allows young high school or university students to learn what a first real job is like.
Good company
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 February 2019
Cares about their employees, go the extra mile to adjust your work schedule.
They help out when unsure as well managers will pitch in when busy, cross training is encouraged
Pros
incentives
Productive and fast moving environment
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2019
Working in McDonalds has been a platform for me to improve my skills. As customers are the most important asset for any business and working in the store has helped me to build customer relationships.
Another aspect which i learned here is communication, whether its with customers or your fellow employees. This is the key to build interpersonal skills.
Pros
Free food
Learning experience
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2019
I learned many things from working at McDonald's from how to handle rude guests to going above and beyond. The regular customers that come every day become friends you see.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
rude guests
What I learned
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC13 February 2019
I learned how to work in a very fast paced, stressful work place. I learned a lot of communication skills by interacting with people all day. I also learned how to cope under stressful situations but I had a lot of fun working at McDonald's.
Not enjoyable
Crew / Lobby Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 February 2019
Didn't have a good time and hated going to work. My Mcdonalds was really busy because it was next to a high way, and I was on floor duty a lot which sucked because everyone coming in would just use the bathrooms and make a mess.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working there
Easy place to make money
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 February 2019
A typical day working at McDonalds included responsibilities such as, ensuring customers were satisfied, cleaning and maintaining the work area and being punctual. The best part about working there was making customers happy and working with crew who were at the same level as each other. Management at times could be difficult but it is always about compromising and making everyone happy at the end of the day.
Pros
Christmas Parties, Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, standing for long periods
Interesting working the night shift
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 February 2019
I liked working at this particular site, it was the over night shift and there was always so much to do and going on that there was never a dull moment.
It's McDonalds
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 February 2019
It is a McDonald's, This was a job for me to learn responsibility when I was in junior high/high school.

I don't remember much about working there except that it is like any other retail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

537.6K