McDonald's Employee Reviews for Cashier

fun worplace
McDonalds Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 February 2018
I really liked working there and experience it but the problem for me was i needed a job that pay more and i wanted to experience another job but i actually enjoyed it .
fast pace envirement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS19 February 2018
good place to work if you only want a couple shifts a week, good staff but management needs to understand more about staffs concerns and time off requests as well when staff is sick and they say to come in anyways, as well as they should split up shifts instead of 9 hours on the same thing definitely should have more rotations all the best to the new owners
Pros
good floor staff
Cons
long hours short break
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 February 2018
First job, obtained a lot of my existing skills and experiences from working here. Management was very encouraging, pushed you to do the best you could and get 50% off food whenever
A great work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 February 2018
Working at McDonalds gave me the opportunity to meet new people, gain new skills and increase my people/customer service skills. I enjoyed the work environment, the managers were also helpful in making the work environment safe.
Pros
50% off discount
fun safe workplace
McDonalds Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ontario16 February 2018
ive learned how to cash out in a register, unloading heavy objects into and out of freezers, employees and management is very great and management is always on the ball.
Pros
great hours
Cons
odd shifts
It's McDonalds
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 February 2018
It's McDonalds what else can you expect. We got 1 30 minute break which most of it was spent waiting in line to get food. Stressful, the customers were rude, and the pay was minimum wage
Pros
50% off food we bought there
Cons
LOng hours, only 1 break
fast pace and friendly co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thompson, MB15 February 2018
I enjoyed working here at Mcdonald's because i always wanted to get the experience working here. I have only worked for a few months but in those few months I have gained more experience, I liked the outfits and I like how they managed the place.
Pros
50% discount/benefits
Cons
hot coffee being spilled on me
Good for first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 February 2018
great first job to get you into a workplace and give you good workplace habits. gives you good workplace skills to pass on as you advance or go to school.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
Working at mcdonalds is a very teamwork oriented job as you would be required to accomplished many tasks at a tight deadline with care while still meeting food safety and quality standards. Mcdonalds taught me a lot about who I was as an individual and really help improve my social and communication skills.
Pros
Friendly Co workers
Cons
Really fast paced
Stressful when it comes to rush hour
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 February 2018
This place wasnt for me mainly because of the employees attitude at work and i also never got hours.. when i quit they told me they were sad i was leaving because i was a great employee.. overall it was a great first experience!
Pros
discount on the food
Cons
Not a lot of place to work

Want to know more about McDonald's?

Ask a question
McDonald's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanover, ON8 February 2018
long hours, rude employees, over worked, pay minimum wage, not too many ways to advance in this business, huge discount, good benefits for full time employees, Awful break system.
Pros
discount, benefits
Cons
The management team is very friendly and fun to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2018
The loving hospitality i had received from most workers and management was a great change in work atmosphere, the hardest part about this job was dealing with customers who would throw their food items on the floor because it "wasn't what they ordered" even though the cashiers had confirmed the order 3 times before it was finalized.
Pros
discount on food items or free if you forgot your own lunch
Cons
being at a 24 hr location you get unpredictable hours
It was stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 February 2018
It was a stressful job, however it made learn the skills i needed to handle pressure. The hours were very flexible. As a full time student, the hours were beneficial for me.
Pros
discount on food and flexibility in hours
Cons
rush hour
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON7 February 2018
I didn't enjoy working at the McDonalds that i work at mostly because I have social anxiety and the people there was judging me. But they gave me more hours. There was also some workers who were friendly mostly the full-time people. I was a part-time so I didn't get to work with them that much
fast paced enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 February 2018
A lot of young students, very fast paced and always busy. They are great at accommodating shifts and hours. always able to get extra shifts. always given free lunch if you take call in shifts.
Pros
50 % discount
Cons
non paid breaks
Great job to introduce you to the workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dunnville, ON6 February 2018
A job that introduces you to what working is like. They start you off with short shifts, but it builds as you understand more of what working there is like. Very positive atmosphere.
Pros
50 percent off lunches
Cons
short shifts
overall a good experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
i found the job to be quite easy and allowed me to learn a large amount in a small amount of time. i enjoyed being there, the only thing i did not like was the fact the hours were terrible
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Terrible hours
Great starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC5 February 2018
I would recommend this job as a starter for almost everybody, because working at Mcdonalds has taught me a lot about multitasking, teamwork, working under pressure and deadlines.
over night hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS5 February 2018
so i worked back shift which was great for a little while after about 5 months it got to me i loved my co workers it was a lot of fun it was a very busy place as well
Pros
free food
Productive, supporting, and non-stopable
Counter/drive-thru crew member (Former Employee) –  Saint John East, NB3 February 2018
Great for interacting with people and is a fast paist job that you have to be on top of at all times. Lots of available hours but not enough available hours to pick up. There's not very much protection when it comes to the fryers. You are most likely guaranteed to get burns and the floors are usually a death trap because of the amount of grease that is spilled and not mopped up in a day. Very understanding management but will be strick on you at most times. McDonalds is good for charity work too. They'll always hold up there end of the bargain when it comes to fundraising and supporting important groups and events
Pros
50% off per meal of 1 crew member
Cons
Not enough available hours to pick up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

527.7K