McDonald's Employee Reviews for Cashier

It was pretty good working there
front cashier and drive thru (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 May 2018
Mcdonalds is a pretty decent place to work, the hours aren't bad.

the foods pretty good. the staff is nice.

work the cash register, take customers orders, sometimes had to run and get the food/drinks. stock up the products.

I definitely learned allot. its very fast paced.
Good
Cashier/Drive (Former Employee) –  Quebec18 May 2018
Great first job for high school students. Very flexible but managers are not the best at times. Just your average job nothing crazy. Overall good staff.
Great people to work with
Overnight Drive-Thru Leader (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 May 2018
I always had fun while working here and the customers were easy to deal with. I made a lot of friends and the staff were always welcoming to me. I would recommend working here, it's a great place.
Fun workplace
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2018
McDonalds did an acceptable job of hiring the right personnel to work with
McDonalds did an amazing job training the workers
McDonalds did a good job of managing hours
A Day at McDonalds
Cashier, Guest Experience Leader (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON16 May 2018
I punch in and then thrown to wherever they need me. I am often behind counter taking orders while making coffee. I am running for food whether it's for dining there or to go I make sure they get their food. I also run the orders and bag them for drive thru. I take payments at front cash and at the window for drive thru. Often brought out food to the waiting vehicles. Fast paced so I was always on my feet.
Pros
I learned to organize my priorities. Think quickly on my feet
Cons
Poor management, they often are understaffed
It's not bad
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 May 2018
This place is good for a first job, but otherwise, would not recommend.
They are not flexible with work hours, and the shifts scheduled are never fair.
The management is overall the worst part of working there, except for a few managers.
The crew is amazing.
I've learned so many life skills working here in the last 5 years, and the relationships i've build with the costumers are strong, you see a certain person, you know exactly what they order :)
The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with managers who can't handle the stressful work environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having fun while working, and it makes the time fly by.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
not fair with shifts
gross place to work but otherwise not so bad
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2018
At the end of the day i never hated the job, it was a job, the customers that come in half the time don't understand that when working the overnight shift you're alone working. The people you work with for the most part are great when they're working on par with your speed.
Pros
Free food every now and then
Cons
Go home greasy
Great Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Côte-Saint-Luc, QC13 May 2018
My crew and managers were overall great to work with which made my shifts go by quickly and reduced a lot of stress. I learned that team work is crucial in order to complete tasks efficiently and helping coworkers comes a long way.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa13 May 2018
Just plain awful. I worked at the McDonald's coming off of the 417 on Innes Road, and the management was absolutely terrible. So much favoritism, don't even bother trying to get employee of the month, even if you worked 45+ hours, the manager will just give it to her sisters for the cash bonus. Trashiest McDonald's in all of Ottawa.
Pros
Literally no pros.
Cons
Everything.
Interesting place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC12 May 2018
Working with guests and talking with them a lot and taking cash giving out food preparing stuff. Hardest was probably doing cash at the beginning but then I grew with it
Pros
Half off
Cons
Craziness
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2018
My most favorite place to work since it was my first job. I learned a lot of new things especially since everything was moving so fast. I loved working there.
Pros
free food
Cons
nothing
interesting to say the least
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON9 May 2018
The specific location that I am currently working at, at the time of writing this is lacking in many ways, they are slow to respond and take tremendous amounts of time to accomplish tasks related to the crew.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Poor Management.
Worker
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cloverdale, BC9 May 2018
Good people to work with and is always smiling and is always there to answer any questions that you may have even when It is really busy during the week day and weekend
Best place for students to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2018
As I recently finished my university , working with Mcdonalds was very fun and easy going. They made my school life and work life easy by understanding my needs.
Pros
Understanding, supportive.
Cons
non
Worst environment ever
Guest Experience Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2018
Ive been working at Mcdonalds for 2 and a half years, i was a crew, a GEL, A team leader and a crew trainer. Overall the place made my life a living nightmare, the managers were awful, and never “allowed us” to call in sick or we got documented. It was just such a horrible place to work, but I honestly just wanted to put that on my resume because it looks good. Overall i work rate it a 0/10.
Pros
The other crew
Cons
Everything else
Not organized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 May 2018
Staff are rude and don't work with you. Managers aren't polite. They need to take care of the staff more. They do not cater to students and demand very high hours.
Pros
nothing
Cons
too many
Great staff to work with!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC7 May 2018
I worked the till. I took customers orders. I worked the graveyard shift, so had to clean all the dishes, the pop and fry machine, stock everything. It is lots of multi-tasking. Honestly, the hardest part was taking customer's order and run to do dishes.... because it was piles of dishes...
Fun place
Order-taker and cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 May 2018
a fast paced restaurant where I learnt a great deal about working with other people, co-ordinating tasks, accomplishing orders and giving a satisfactory customer service to all our guests.
it was ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 May 2018
Its not the best place in the world to work a lot of the customers talk down to you i got called all kinds of names and had to just go with it, but theres def always a chance for advancement in this job, after cash you can learn fries and drivethrough.
Great beginner job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2018
Good beginner job. Really teaches discipline to those who don't have it any. Their incredible flexibility with scheduling is perfect for any student. Having great coworkers greatens the experience. The only downside is the customers. They're generally the worst part of your day.
Pros
Friends. Flexibility. Discipline
Cons
High pressure and speedy environment. Customers are awful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

530.5K