McDonald's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,537 reviews matching the search See all 144,288 reviews
Mcdonalds
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON18 January 2019
Mean staff, barely allowed to do anything at all. Lack of communication between managers and employee. Wouldn't advise working at this location. Overall not a good place to work
First Job
Cashier/Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL18 January 2019
Here was the first place I ever worked. I really liked it there until they got my schedule mixed up with someone else's, who has the same first name and I ended up getting let go over shifts I apparently missed, but were never my shifts to begin with. Least to say I was not happy and filed a complaint about being fired with unfair cause. I would NOT suggest working here even if you are a student. There are lots of other jobs out there. DO NOT work at McDonald's.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Bad Management
Very Lonely
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 January 2019
McDonalds has a certain type of people that you need to know to get along with. I would always dread work because I would never feel included with these people. It was quite diverse but I found it hard to make friends.
The job was VERY fast paced but it was easy to get the orders correct because of the machines.
Management was alright but I didn’t end up working here very long because I felt lonely.
Pros
50% off all orders at that location
Cons
No friends
Macdoanlds is A great work atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2019
You learn a lot of work experience and you learn how to deal with customers. There’s a lot of multitasking too and it’s a fast pace work environment::
Great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 January 2019
Fast paced
Can’t be standing doing nothing
Constant clean lobby table area
Nice people friendly employees
Xmas party’s discounts on purchases at any time
Taxes saved for Xmas bonus was the best
What can I say? It's fast food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 January 2019
Fast food is not a very fun work environment. I don't think it ever has been. The people you meet while working there are amazing, but the culture and the environment is not a very fun place to work. You're pretty much expected to show up, regardless if you're sick or not, and when you're sick, you're most likely going required to get a Doctor's note. Would not advise anyone to work fast food, but it is up to them.
Great place for a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2019
It’s a great place for someone to have there first job most workers have been there a while and are very helpful and there is always a flow of new staff so you are never the only new person. It’s easy to get the hang of things and if you work hard enough you can always push to become management.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Overnights can get hectic if intoxicated people come in
My Summary
Customer/cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC11 January 2019
I learned how to be a leader
The management treated me terribly however
I enjoyed working drive thru
I did not enjoy management telling me my work was wrong, when it wasn't
Pros
working with great people and steady work
Cons
managers treated me unfairly
fast paced good mates
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  White Rock, BC11 January 2019
all mcdonalds are different and have a huge array of employees.
good times, and half price food. dont be to good at your job because allot of the people are not. managers will choose u and will like it if u can do everything even tho u make minimum wage
Pros
telling people there is no ice cream
Cons
drunk people at night
great food
Prince of Whales location - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2019
great foood great comstemer service clean restraunt
great pople come into the store good cashier skills i had and great workers great mangers to work with.
very clean and fun to work at
Cashier/Runner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2019
great people and staff. Loved working there just wasn't for me.The restaurant was always clean and everyone was very pleasant.The management was also ok.
Productive workplace, great first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC6 January 2019
I learned how to run the register, and improved my ability to work in a fast paced environment. Was a positive place to work, and great experience working with customers.
fun job, good people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 January 2019
The job overall was very fun. It was always busy, so very fast pace and you never got bored. The employees were friendly and hard working. The management was great and they were considerate with hours.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
n/a
Better pay than being a babysitter and also i like working at registers.
McDonalds Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2019
A typical day working at MC Donald's was very tiring but i loved the job because i got to meet some new friends and got great experience. The hardest part of the job was during the day because there where many customers coming in and out but i liked the job a lot but am looking for a new job experience.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Overall great experience
Cashier, Window and lobby (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 January 2019
A typical day at work was clocking in seeing how my co workers were and doing whatever my manger wanted me to do. I learned how to manage my time much better and how to deal with problems with costumers in a respectful way. I think the culture at my work was really great because I did not just work with my co workers but we were also friends. And that is what made McDonalds the best place to work at.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
homeless customers
its mcdonalds
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
one of the mangers told me i wasn't good enough to work there on my 5th day, then told me i should quit. and did nt help me with any of my questions well in training.
Poor management, poor hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 January 2019
I worked at McDonald's for 7 months, and during that time I experienced poor management and horrible customers, as well as, horrible co-workers. When I started the job, there were already "group" of girls who would talk about people behind their back as if it were high school. The management was awful. Not one manager actually cares about their employees or helped when they needed it. Overall, I would not recommend working here.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
management was horrible
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 December 2018
I would come into work and usually go to the cashier right away, if not I would help pack food. When we weren't busy I would go out onto the floor and clean up. Since McDonald's was basically my first job I learned a lot, I was taught how to use the cashier and pack up food. Mcdonalds itself was a very happy, good place to work, the managers, owner, and workers were all great. The hardest part, in my opinion, was when we had low staff and big lines, everyone had to move extremely fast. The best part was meeting the workers, they were all very welcoming and very fun and funny people to work with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
locations
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON17 December 2018
Great place to work lots of fun, very flexible and great people to work with. Co workers are helpful and all get along great with great teamwork everyone has great personalities
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 December 2018
one of the best jobs i had the chance to work at, it was a great learning experience and was overall very fun when it wasn't busy. it was simple and a good first job for my resume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

536.9K