McDonald's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,439 reviews matching the search See all 136,951 reviews
Great staff management needs some work at times
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 October 2018
Management felt discipline was better at making employees work better when it really made not want to work. The employees formed a great team and could get jobs done in a timely manner.
Pros
Free meals on long shifts
Cons
Horrible hours for those in school
Hated working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON18 October 2018
Maybe only 3 co-workers were nice to me. everyone else was mean. I tried my best to look past it and do my job in an orderly and respectful manner but i couldn't take it anymore so i quit. I was pregnant and i was not about to allow those people to stress me into loosing my baby . The actual Owner is really nice.
Pros
50% off food while working
Not bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2018
not very demanding job but very fast paced you develop social skills and learn how to augment your abilities in team work and work skills and most important of them all is having a good exp working
productive and willing to learn more knowledge
McDonalds Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philippines17 October 2018
I trained, learned and love my job when everytime I work. i dedicated myself to work hard. and honestly is the best policy is an advice that motivate on mr
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hour part time
Decent workplace for anyone seeking Part-Time Employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2018
The average day for a CASHIER/CREW MEMBER ( I cannot speak on other positions ) revolves around taking customer orders, and fulfilling them by assembling bagged items according to the order that you or your co-workers have sent to the kitchen to be made. When you are not taking or serving orders, you will most likely be preparing soft-serve ice cream cones, McFlurries, fresh coffee whenever needed, and stocking up condiments/cutlery/straws/cups & lids/tea bags/coffee bags/happy meal boxes/toys/etc. Sometimes if it isn't too busy, you may be asked to clean the front lobby area, the bathroom(s), or even wash the dishes and rags that the kitchen staff use. Management is GREAT as long as you are someone who enjoys customer service work, and who tries their absolute best to be on-time for work every shift you are scheduled. If you are sick, but you only work Part-Time, try your best to call 24hrs. in advance, or try to find someone else to work your shift (even better) because although most managers are patient, none of them like employees that constantly make excuses for themselves. Depending on your location, the management will try to host events outside of work that are optional (bowling,sports teams, amusement park trips, etc.) but they cost a fee to attend. The other employees are usually very helpful and friendly, but sometimes there are rude people working with you. Don't worry though! If you have no reason to be doubted, the management will step in and appropriately handle the situation by speaking directly to the other employee, or even issuing a written "strike" that will  more... remain in their personal records with the company.  less
Pros
Discounted Meals, Employee Trips & Events, Flexible Hours
Cons
Maximum 30 minute break REGARDLESS of hours worked, Limited Vacation Time (location specific), Limited Employee Benefits
Awesome experience for beginners
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2018
Its a great experience for people who are young and looking for a job experience. They are very flexible with the hours. Easy to work with with. Learned many new things, handled money, worked through drive-thru and took orders. I enjoyed working with people.
Loved this job. It was very fast paced and good for being in the public
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 October 2018
Everyday there was work. Always good hours. Friendly environment. People you work with the customers were great. Loved learning new things. They let you get a deal on ordering food. They help you a lot when you need it.
Pros
Fast paced. Friendly. Good hours. Reliable shifts. Learn new stuff all the time.
Cons
The only con would be that you dont always get your breaks cause you are too busy.
It was a lot of fun.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 October 2018
Everyday was exciting. I learned how to handle cash. I managed to do my job well. The hardest part was taking kids orders. The best part was meeting new co-workers everyday.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Random hours.
Great team work, good management, flexibility hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2018
I was working at Mc cafe in union station
It was the best time of my life because I found so many good friends that always help each others and take care of their team
Everyone help to make better palce for work
I worked with a very good managers
overall a great place to work.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2018
No day was the same, most days we had to go in and make sure everything was nice and clean and ready for breakfast, lunch, or dinner rushes. The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall community my co-workers created.
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB11 October 2018
It is a great place to work. You get to learn how to do many useful things, every quickly. I got to be quite fast at taking orders and money. Overall, you learn a lot in a job like this. Working at a fast food restaurant, you and your coworkers become like family. You will love working here.
Best Job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON10 October 2018
I started at McDonalds when I was in grade 10, it was honestly one of my favoutite jobs. You learn so much from counting tills, to cleaning. McDonalds is also very flexible when it comes to life's many struggles. Its so easy to climb the ladder to become a Manager/Shift Manager. Highly recommend
the best training ground
Cashier/Fries Fryer/Lobby person (Former Employee) –  philippines10 October 2018
mgt has come and gone and so many have left now so its a little taxing but having great people rallying around you makes it worth the while
-very diverse
-being "smile-y" all the time. sometimes you want to be angry but can't cause it affects the biz and we have people that come in and are absolutely disrespectful, rude, arrogant that we can't always handle and since, "the customer is always right".... :-(
-people i work with....getting in touch with my community, seeing new people come in, the skills i learn..
Pros
free lunches
Mcdonalds is a friendly, and professional place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK9 October 2018
Mcdonalds is a fast paced environment where working together with your colleagues is an asset. I learned a lot about working under pressure and acting fast to solve any problem that may arise. Mcdonalds is a very diverse environment.
it's okay
Cashier & Drive (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 September 2018
okay job, some managers are nice and some are not, it long hours and work consists no breaks or rest until finished, some only last a few months i lasted a year and 6 months
Pros
50 percent off
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  4227 4th ave28 September 2018
I did a great job there but when I told them ahead of time I couldn't work they threatened to fire me. management was creepy. I wasn't trained well enough.
Pros
discount on food only when work there
Cons
discount on food only when work there
Decent workplace for a student or first job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 September 2018
I started working here when I was 14 and it was a great first job opportunity with good hours and a flexible schedule for students. The location did not get too busy and is small yet comforting.
Pros
Cons
N/a
easily one of the greatest
Line cook/ Drive-thru/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON26 September 2018
lots of fun and easily adaptable the people who work here are great and you will make long time friendships with ease. the job is easy and they train well
A good starting positon
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 September 2018
This position is a great stepping stone into the work life. It teaches how to be able to adapt to situations. Most importantly the positions reveals the personality of the individual.
Pros
Discount on food
it was a good first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 September 2018
it was a very fast paced and good workplace. The managers were all very nice and it was a very comfortable environment to be in. This job really helped me learn how to multitask and communicate with different types of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at McDonald's. Our community is ready to answer.

535.1K