McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

Found 14,704 reviews matching the search
It was an excellent first job. They were very flexible and were able to accommodate my schooling and sports schedules. It was honestly a great job until management and ownership changed. It became stressful and an unbearable place to work.
Pros
flexible scheduals, great co-workers, discount food.
Cons
management
It’s is a great place to work with amazing ppl. Is so much fun to Serve customers and making special bond. Owner and the Management is absolutely great.
Pros
50% of on food
Got my first job at Mcdonald’s simcoe, and it was great for a high school student! The staff are all incredibly friendly and helpful. Management is nice and understanding. I had to call in sick once and it was super easy. The training process was thorough and informative - I was able to ask lots of questions and had it done all in one week. It’s hard work at Mcdonald’s, but the people really make it worth it. Customers are really rude to fast food workers but don’t let it bother you! I ended up quitting because of my anxiety, but most people would love Mcdonald’s as a starting job!
Pros
50% discount, management, coworkers, fun, great training, easy job to get
Cons
early shifts, rude customers, hard work
Je trouve que McDonald et un lieu de travaille qui permet d’être rapide.
Pros
Réduction
Cons
Stressant
Helped me realize what an actual job is and taught me how to manage my time and be on time. Quite a few benefits to working there, and can be flexible.
Pros
50% off food.
Cons
Stressful work
I’ve worked here for 3 years so far and only had opportunity to advance twice and both times I was turned down for people with less experience (6 months). Unless you’re available 24/7 and not looking to continue with schooling that will be the only way you will be promoted. Customers are rude quite frequently and managers do not care about yourself (being cold during winter/hot during summer). The only nice part is 50% off meals (we’ve had free meals during COVID-19) and free uniforms. They will only schedule new hires for 3 hour shifts until they feel that you are strong enough to handle longer hours, then they take advantage of your willingness to pick up shifts.
Pros
Discounted/free food
Cons
Pretty much everything else
McDonald’s was fun when I first started but quickly changed. I’ve been here for about 2 years and it’s only gotten worse. First I get paid a dollar less the minimum wage which is so unfair for the amount of stress and work. Managers are mean, and lazy, and the mangers are sloppy and get mad if crew don’t do the management jobs for them. Overall it’s just an awful job, mostly based off pay, I can say for sure that there are many moe jobs that I would take over McDonald’s. Don’t work here!
Pros
Half off food.
Cons
Long hours, unpaid breaks, sub minimum wage, high stress, poor management and so much more that won’t fit on the list.
It a challenging job, but you get to meet fun people while getting good experience while working with the public. You also get to learn how to deal with stress in the work place and how to get things done in a time crunch.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Stress
I won’t reccommend this company as the work environment is very stressful, the management is not equal when it comes to treating their employees. If you are their friend then you will received a good treatment. No hours to be given even you are a full time employee. No benefits. Always giving misleading information to their employees.
Pros
50% meal discount
Cons
Lack of hours
Management is super supportive! It’s a great place to work as a beginner job or even if you fall on hard times. I’ve met some of my best friends working there. There’s always room for more hours however the other employees can tend to be a bit cliquey.
Was fun had a blast very polite with other and very responsible of what they do and they took COVID very serious we always washed our hands and had gloves on I would recommend this job to anyone
Pros
Mc bucks and sometimes free meals
Cons
Can get a long da
Feels like one big familyPerfect for someone who is looking for a first jobNot difficultCan definitely be fast-paced at times, but manageable with the team
Pros
Flexible hours
Its not the best entry job but a great experience if your trying to improve basic communication skills. I really encourage people to work as a team or you will fall behind.
Pros
Half off Meals
Cons
Insane Workload, Stressful, Unpaid Breaks
I work at one of the busiest locations in the city so it was pretty stressful, I wouldn't have minded it if we weren't understaffed. The issue isn't that we have no employees, the issue is that the owner wanted to get labour down, so they wanted fewer people working at a given time, so we are always super overworked and understaffed. I have a lot of good co-workers and managers at my location so that made me stay for as long as I did, but now like everyone is quitting or going on leave so what's the point of me staying when the majority of people I like are or have left. Dollar drink days are also starting and COVID-19 restrictions are going to be lifted in the near future and I can't imagine the place being anymore busy so I don't want to be there when it gets worse. A lot of customers are nice but a lot suck but that's expected. You will only get half-off your food once per shift and you can't get free food for your family which sucks, and you get one free small fountain drink per shift. You will burn or cut yourself EVERY.SINGLE.SHIFT. The ice cream machine is literally the worst machine in the whole store, I loathe everything about it. Cleaning it is soooo tedious and annoying, it sometimes just starts to come out slowly for no reason and takes like 2 minutes to make 1 regular-sized mcflurry when there are like 28 mcflurries to make at once. Also, there's no consistency with hours, you can work 25 hours in 5 shifts one week and then 8.5 hours in 3 shifts the next and then 27 hours, then 11, then 6. It will never be consistent. In general, I hate it there. I'm quitting.
Pros
If you have a good manager who likes you, they'll give you free food.
Cons
Everything sucks
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pros
-----
Cons
-------
Even though working at McDonald's is fast- paced, it is super fun. At McDonald's you are meeting and greeting, making and delivering. You get breaks depending on how many hours your shift is, and you also get a 50% discount for working there.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Greasy
The workers and the management are really helpful and supportive. The place is really filled with positive energy and the manager itself will come and help us to do the work if we are struggling. They will always help us to keep the pace and if we fail to keep it, they will support us to obtain and maintain the pace.
Pros
Half priced foods
Cons
Short shifts
Working at McDonald’s was my first job but working there was actually really nice everyone who I worked with was very helping and kind to all us new people and all around the place and managers are amazing
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Being called into work when you don’t
il n’y a personne qui sais gerer aucune autorité les formation sont fait a la va vite il n’y a aucun respect entre les employés
My experience is not good with company.i don't feel this job suitable for me.may be it we ould be excellent for other people but my experience is very bad.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
While you think it's an easy job, it's actually a really toxic fast-paced area that is competitive with other stores.Being a DT cashier or just being on Delivery the customers think you're stupid and don't deserve anything. The management is tolerable when it comes to about three people but the rest is really frustrating to work with half of the time.Nobody stocks the stations that they leave so most of the time your stuck doing orders, stocking, iced cream, coffees, smoothies, sundaes, etc. ALL AT ONCE!?Why are we so competitive with other stores? It's BS.
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Long hours, Competitive & Toxic, No room for moving up.
  1. Employee reviews