McDonald's

McDonald's Employee Reviews

Canada14,343 reviews
Found 14,343 reviews matching the search
I didnt mind working at McDonald's, the staff could be a little difficult to work with but rarely they understood that new people take time to learn and they were quite understanding otherwise
Pros
Staff
Cons
Staff
C’était très bien
J’ai appris à faire les sandwiches

Tres bien

Avoir beaucoup de commendes

Les amis
Pros
Rabais de 50%
Cons
Court pause
After working at McDonald's for about a year and a half I have learnt that is it very easy to move up positions as it is often a come and go job. It is great for those going into their first job but if you think this job is easy you are definitely mistaken. Management is often biased towards some individuals and at my location specifically often non-English is spoke winch is against code and it is often not the nicest things being said as one of my friends is able to translate the language. This is just a personal irritant which managers have taken no reaction to after being informed multiple times by the board and continue to do so. Often people do not show up for work, managers leave the floor alone and their is no direction etc. I do not recommend this job however the flexible hours for school and extra curricular activity is amazing.
Pros
Flexible hours, food discount
Cons
Managment, Crew
McDonald’s is a place where nothing ever do is good enough and the managers will always penalize you and make you feel like trash about everything you do. You were treated like you were a child for example you have to ask for the bathroom you have to do things that are extreme labour work. The only benefits you really receive are half off your meal. You never get to leave on time. If you can’t make it to a shift even if you tell them in advance no matter what it is for unless you can get someone to cover your shift you’re in trouble
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
The workplace culture amongst the crew was dynamic and fun, however, the managers would take out thier stress on the crew. It is a fast paced environment. The managers didn't seem to care that I was a high school student, and would schedule me to close up to 3 times per week (shifts ending at 12:30 am to 1:30am). There didn't seem to much sympathy or understanding when I requested to have earlier shifts on school nights.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
long hours and not much flexibility for shift changes
Working at McDonald’s can help you deal in the fast paced environment and also can be a good start at a customer service experience. You’ll learn alot as the environment is friendly as well as competitive
If you really want an easy job and the potential for a lot of hours, you can't beat McDonald's. Sometimes you'll want to pull your hair out but it teaches you patience, and looks great on a resume. You'll also probably make a lot of new friends within the first few days.
Pros
50% discount, a lot of hours
Cons
Intense rush hours, angry customers
Fast paced, management sucks for the most part. Promotes people to early. Managers should not be 16/17 years old. Not appreciated for anything you do.
Pros
Discount
Cons
The store use to be busy usually and i learned to be patient. The management is helpful enough. The hardest part of the job was to deal was to complete order on time but later i got use to it and learned a lot how to work quickly
Pros
Gain experience to work in fast faced environmental
Cons
Stressful
No matter what you do it will never be enough towards who it matters towards. I can do everything and extra and get told I do nothing. Diminishes motivation
Pros
Experience in the work field
Cons
Everybody
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at McDonald's?
McDonald's and I are connected for more than 18 years now. I was always fond of their burgers, french fries and Mcflurry. I'm glad that I got the opportunity to work here, which I fancy. McDonald's focuses on greeting customer well and taking care of their wants. After working there I knew how bigger deal it is on daily basis.
I think if you are looking for a first time student job to gain experience, it will be a perfect fit for you. My location had great people in which I could become friends with and efficiently work with. Although, it can be a fast-paced job with often lots of angry customers and a constant flush of clients as well. I gained a lot of experience dealing with these types of environments and clients.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Lots of clients
I enjoyed working for McDonald's, the schedule cater to my busy life outside of work. I wasn't stressed about getting my hours not was I stressed about not being able to get a day off. Those needs were always met. I appreciated that.
I have learned a lot of great skills for the future. I have become a hard independent worker throughout my time at McDonald’s. the management team is understanding and helpful.
everything was good except the working hours very few im not even able to pay my rent and my other things like opus mobile bil and other things apart from this i have to pay extra tickrt to go threr for wor somethime it was just 4 hours in a week
Pros
50%discount
I had fun with everyone! The boss and your teammates are friends! Loved this! I wasn’t working a lot BUT I was dealing with it. I was really secure because they tell you that if you don’t feel good about doing something you have to tell them for your security!
Pros
Good ambiance
Cons
Not a lot of hours
McDonalds was my first job. The management and other employees were super friendly and helpful at the location where i was. One thing I saw that was very smart was the “team nights” we had were we would go do some fun activity to bond with everyone and it truly helped the atmosphere in the workplace.
Pros
Training, problem solving
Cons
Stressful
Good spot to work. Its very fast paced and your always busy. The hours are hit and miss due to the busy times but thats any job. Great place to work. Great first job
A typical day is filled with managers yelling and customers complaining.
I've learned how to cook and assemble food at fast paces.

not all the managers are terrible, most are really nice.

The hardest part is how sweaty you get from the grills.

I really enjoy the smell of the pancakes.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
hot sweaty environment
If I could give it 0 stars I would. Stressful environment, really low pay for all the work you will have to do. Treated like a child, for example having to get permission to use the bathroom, getting yelled at when you can’t meet their unrealistic standards that they have in place. Upper Managers are rude yet they don’t know how to do the job. Toxic work place from the constant yelling if you can’t make a burger in 20 seconds.
Pros
Friends, flexible schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
really enjoyed working for McDonald, the pay was reasonable to what they expected i received free pop and training. no charge for uniforms and you get to keep them.