MC College Employee Reviews

Worst Place I’ve ever worked
Salon Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 August 2018
Poor management and no communication. The general atmosphere of staff interaction is against one another vs being an actual team. Was treated poorly from day 1, and instead of proper code of conduct was brushed off constantly. In the short time I was there the turnover was crazy basically 1 employee quit/walked out every month. Would never recommend anybody to take a job here.
Pros
Good hours, higher pay
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, constant drama
Sink or swim with this joke of a company
Enrolment coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2018
Absolutely horrible work environment. Provide minimal, minimal training and support in the office positions. The sink or swim attitude is incredibly ineffective. The office staff was too busy gossiping about the instructors and students to do anything properly or timely during the day. Absolutely horrible work culture, staff from other schools were extrenely rude and difficult to deal with. Especially The Kelowna office. My God.
taught the basics of hairstyling
Beauty Industry - Hair Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB14 May 2018
I chose this school because I thought the discipline would be there. While I was in school the discipline was not there however I did learn the basics of hair styling, how to be a proper receptionist and how to get a long with other stylists regardless of differing of opinions and styles.
Pros
good instructors
Cons
lack of discipline
Amazing learning team
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
MC College was such an amazing learning Experience. I was able to Learn,Achieve and Grow. Staff were always available to help or assist when needed. Good students and Great Staff sure made me feel at home.
Pros
Free Hair Services
Cons
work in the salon on Saturday's
Its good
Esthetics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 June 2017
MC College has been a great career choice for me. It has offered me a number of opportunities and continual growth. Corporate has been very supportive of my career, and has been pretty great.
Fun place to work!
Front desk Administration/Salon Instructor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 June 2017
Always busy and a lot going on at all times keeps it interesting. A great learning environment for students and staff with great hours available including extra training.
I was a student at this college.
Esthetics Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2016
My instructors were great teachers, understanding and knowledgable. It was a friendly work environment and there more than enough clients to allow us to practice our skills on. I feel that I am prepared to enter the work force in the field of esthetics and the school also helped me search for work.
Pros
Small class sizes, hands on experience, knowledgeable teachers
Cons
n/a
great learning atmosphere
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2016
the campus locations are fun, and fast paced. working with the students is a ton of fun ad very rewarding.

head office staff can be very rude and unprofessional.

have the philosophy all staff can be replaced

high turn over
Pros
being part of a high paced fashion forward indutry
Cons
high pressure sales and targets
productive in the teaching the hairsyling course
Student hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 October 2014
MC college is a great work environment to study as a hairstylist I have learned so mush within this industry, the instructors are great and enjoyable to work with
Good atmosphere and great students to work with.
Spa Coordinator/ Hair Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary2 May 2014
A typical day at work MC College was helping and training students learning the art of hair.
Pros
Great Students
Cons
Gossip and Very unorganized, they couldn't keep staff
Instructor for marketing and merchandising classes
Contract Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2014
A typical day of work will include lesson planning and presentation planning and then a 1.5 hour long lecture. I like to give a variation of teaching styles including auditory, visual and kinaesthetic.

I learned that education is a never-ending. I would mentor students but I also learned a lot from them.

Management was always clear with expectations providing syllabus information and resources.

My co-workers in the faculty were always helpful and great resources as well.

The hardest part of the job is to find ways to motivate students with different learning styles. I would vary my lectures, provide mentorship activities after class and try and be as available as possible.

The most enjoyable part of the job is watching a student apply theoretical knowledge into practical experience whether that be workplace skills or group projects.
Pros
free parking
Cons
semesters that weren't long enough to teach full concepts