MBC Employee Reviews

A great place to work alongside of other motivated people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC9 March 2018
MBC has been a perfect place to enter the industry, grow in capability from the great experience and training, and take on more responsibility and opportunities for leadership all along the way.
Unhealthy work enviroment
Presentation Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dubai7 January 2018
-working hours from 9:00 to 18:00. learned about different scheduling style. the management style is micro management. Pointing fingers kind of work culture . unreasonable pressure
chance for improvement
marketing manager (Former Employee) –  tehran18 October 2017
good place for starting my working. reached to new skills, new experiences. had experienced colleague beside myself. the workplace was too friendly and had a good relation with my CEO.
Buen lugar para trabajar con buen ambiente y grandes feneficios y horas extras
Maestro pintor (Former Employee) –  Ciudad de México, D. F.6 August 2017
Es una empresa familiar donde la satisfacción es la contante implementación de técnicas para un buen trabajo dentro de la empresa
Pros
Buenas prestaciones
Cons
No las tiene
Its a very good place for work
Continuity producer (Current Employee) –  Dubai13 July 2017
I like Mbc but i like to do something new to gain new experience in life and to learn new things to meet people and to be part of big motion for change
energising workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Street7 July 2017
You will always be on your feet when you go to MBC. I had learned to communicate with confidence towards customers and be as helpful as I can be. I have also learned how to do the till and the over all profit at the end of the day.

The kitchen was busy but I have improved on serving food to customers.

I then have to talk to customers in either English or Tagalog (Filipino) to some customers.

However if it gets really busy its very difficult to rest for I have to be alert at all times.
Pros
Free food and snacks
Nice place to work in
EDITOR (Former Employee) –  BEIRUT25 June 2017
Good people good bosses good money its fun and very professional smart people and and they know whattheir doing . Learned alot and got great expereience there
MBC is NOT Mountain Berry Culinary
no me (Former Employee) –  east cpst5 May 2017
The reviews for MBC are for a staffing company on the east coast. NOT the summer camp chef services company. Mountain Berry Culinary is a high energy company that loves their clients and makes it their mission to find the perfect chef to feed hundreds of awesome campers all summer long!
Multi-cultural with vibrant work environment.
Senior VT Editor (Former Employee) –  Media City25 January 2017
Excellent 14+ experience , Good compensation and Benefits for self and family.. My second job in UAE.. Good timings with great supervisors. Happy to be here.. only just laid off on restructuring policy
production . overall mbc
productions (Former Employee) –  New York State15 September 2016
too much drama for a professional establishment . very personal relationships , interfere with other employers , makes work environment non suitable.
Long hours and working night shifts
Video Editor and media event coordinator (Former Employee) –  Media City10 August 2016
Was a good place to gain experience but it's time to move and find other opportunities.
Salaries are below market range especially with Dubai's living standards.
Pros
Big name in the market
Productive and fun placd
Internship (Former Employee) –  Dubai7 August 2016
Amazing place and would love to work there again. The staff over there is amazing. The way they all work together and how humble everyone is. The manager is their leader and they all work together to get the job done. Thats how they are successful.
Pros
Do not get bored easily
Cons
A place to learn about sales and branding
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dubai18 June 2016
I learned a lot here when handling a team under me first time in Dubai got different ideas of how to do sales here in Dubai.

The only issue is company is not allowing to work on our experience and skills always try to make us work in different approach in which we are not experienced.
Former Customer Service Rep II
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD5 June 2016
Let's just say the staffing agency lady rarely contacts you, management is unorganized although when I was there one specific supervisor was the best! The manager and I had a great relationship and the HR personnel helped me a lot the reps are amazing. High volume of calls, constant disrespect... I could go on but for 16.98 an hr I guess you will deal with it.
Cons
no breaks
Great Work Environment, table tennis tournament, Cafeteria
TV Producer (Current Employee) –  Giza1 June 2016
My job is very interesting as it is related to current events and it is changing everyday, I've learned how to search for news and to make sure of the credibility of my sources.

Management is one of the main reasons why MBC group is the best media broadcasting Company in the middle east.

Work environment is great as my co-workers are not only colleagues but they are my friends.

The hardest part of the job is definitely checking the credibility of the news stories.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and new guests everyday.
Pros
Flexible working hours, Fine salary, meeting new people every day
Cons
Indefinite Career Path, working on weekdays and vacations
Review
Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Media City28 May 2016
MBC is such a nice place to work whereas the environment is really great and friendly. the working hours are really flexible as long as persons are doing their jobs. In MBC i use to work on BCM program write description about TV programs.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of security
leading in the Media
Executive Producer - Director - Writter (Former Employee) –  Media City26 May 2016
One of the best place to work
Professional approach, friendly environment, encouraging training and a good achievments
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Needed time
productivity and fun
Front End Developer (Current Employee) –  Amman jordan2 May 2016
Moved Actionha micro site from its own host to be under our CMS site.

Working on the daily operations as mbc.net is one from the top sites that need a good attention.

Create a valid HTML5/HTML/XHTML/CSS3/CSS standard templates based on W3C web standards

Using twitter bootstrap to have a better design with a fully responsive design.

Using schema.org for an excellent SEO

Working on FTL (FreeMarker language)

Skinning standard HTML/XHTML.
Senior light designer
Senior light designer (Former Employee) –  Dubai25 April 2016
Planned and executed lighting for various Television sets and 24 hr news
channels .Successfully led key projects which resulted in promotions and a high management appropriation .Monitored multiple databases to keep track of all company inventory and light stock .Managed and operated (RCP)s for live and recorded shows, news and sports (8-12 cameras)Ensured all the light equipment and light desks in constant functional and running order at all time and helped in all in house and out setups and productions ​​.​
Pros
par diems
Nice location. No incentives
Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MD1 April 2016
Typical day at work very busy. I learned how important child care is needed for a typical working family. Management could be improved. Co-workers were pleasant and team players. This was a contractural temporary position with the State.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Temporary position