Mazzei Electric Employee Reviews

Please act now before someone died .
electrician (Former Employee) –  BC5 May 2019
One of your biggest job site becomes a kid's playhouse.
The supervisor will let an apprentice to lead other workers (included apprentices/ journeymen) because he likes brown nosing. There had been an incident that an apprentice shocked by working on live power while working alone. A lead hand apprentice also directed a team of workers to work on live 347v without checking it first, but he told them it's all good to work on. One of the journeyman pointed out that's live power after the team worked on it for awhile, lucky enough no body got killed. This has never report to the higher up.
This is a serious mistake, a work place ain't no PLAYHOUSE. Supervisor should assigns a qualified journeyman to be a lead hand accordingly, not just someone that you like more, an apprentice in this case. There are group of ticketed electricians working there, we are not short of qualified employees.
If this is not going to change, WCB will be notified.
Please act now before someone died .
Pros
Cons
Human Life is nothing
6 May 2019

Hi there,

As a company, Mazzei Electric strives to put safety above all else on every job site. To hear of these allegations is very concerning.

We would like to investigate these situations further to ensure the safety of all workers. I would ask that you please reach out to our Safety Advisor at our head office (250.751.1727) as soon as possible with more information. The sooner we can follow this through, the sooner we can move forward safely and efficiently.

Thank you and we greatly appreciate it!

Safety First, Growing Company.
Corporate Purchaser (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC7 March 2019
This is an excellent place to work, great people with like minded goals and attitude. None of your ideas are ever shut down, open door policy and family orientated. I've had the opportunity to work for bigger and smaller companies before and the structure here is set up for success, not only for the company long term but also for the employees. Mazzei Electric has a safety first attitude and is fully COR certified. Fair opportunities with competitive wages.
Pros
Competitive Wages, Safety First, Lots of work, Benefits
Misleading Review- A typical non-union company
Health and Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC4 March 2019
Mazzei Electric has been an excellent company to work for since day one, everyone from the office to the field have been friendly and a pleasure to get to know.

I personally looked at the indeed reviews when choosing to work for the company which is why I felt it necessary to correct a review I found to be quite misleading.

The review states that the company doesn't supply PPE and goes on to say that the new safety rep said this.... well, that would be me and that is incorrect, the only PPE not supplied by the company is that which is the responsibility of the employee.

Mazzei Electric is a COR certified company, this would not be the case if they did not meet a high standard in health and safety which is confirmed by a third party auditor.

The management encourages a strong safety culture and is continually looking for areas of improvement to ensure that a high safety standard is achieved, maintained.

My experience with Mazzei has been great and I would recommend this company to anyone looking to join a great team.
Pros
Great people, great atmosphere, growing safety culture
Cons
n/a
A typical non-union company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC2 March 2019
They do not provide any PPE which is to be provided by the Employer by Labour Law. The new Safety Rep told us that the company does not provide any.
Low Wages
Benefits after 6 months
Tell you that there is all this work and there isn't.
You have to provide all the tools to do the job.
Lack of material
Apprentices running the jobs over journeyman
Mismanagement at jobs that employees get blamed for
Mailing your last cheque
It's a job to fill in until ....
Pros
A Job
Cons
Lack of Management
19 March 2019

We're disappointed to hear that your time with Mazzei Electric was not a positive one. Please give us a call as we would like the opportunity to discuss it with you further. Thank you!

Poorly Functioning, Meat Grinder Company
Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 February 2019
Mazzei Electric is a company that is struggling to operate on the scale it's currently opperating on. In their bid to underbid the competition they grossly underpay thier apprentices, many of which are forced to work second jobs, and essentially make them pay for items such as tape and screws and sometimes even blades and bits for company tools providing only dull, bent or broken ones. Incentives are non-existent and pay raises are based on achieving milestones that are unrelated to the employee's work performance. Job security is based almost exclusively on nepotism. Employees are often tasked with completing a job without the proper material. The lack of experienced and capable management creates in fighting and massive loss of man hours, the lack of experienced Journeymen (vast majority are under 25) robs apprentices of meaningful tutelage and the corporate philosophy of throwing random bodies at a job leads to the inefficient and poorly executed work that Mazzei is becoming synonomous with.
19 March 2019

Hi there. We're disappointed to see this review, and that your time with Mazzei Electric has not been as positive as we would like. Please give us a call as we would like to discuss this with you further. Thank you and have a great day.

Excellent place to work
Accounting Assistant/Reception (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 September 2018
The Mazzei office has a great atmosphere and is full of an excellent group of people. My days are always different, filled with a variety of work to be done. There is great room for growth, the training opportunities are great.
19 March 2019

Thank you for sharing! We're happy to hear that your time with Mazzei Electric has been a positive one!

Serious about safety, lots of work, good people
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 September 2018
I have been Working for Mazzei Electric since late summer 2017, they are my second electrical contractor of my apprenticeship, I now have over 2,000 hours with Mazzei Electric. Being no stranger to construction, and having been around it and tools my whole life I can definitely say it's one of my favourite companies I have worked for, the foreman are great, and easy to deal with. The office is quick to respond if you have a question about company policies or practices. There is a ton of opportunity to learn as an apprentice, they actually teach their apprentices how to do the job, instead of using them as cheap labour, or getting them to do menial unrelated tasks. Safety is taken very seriously, and every foreman will take any safety issues seriously and push the generals to fix any issues on site or we will fix it ourselves, they don't just say it's a priority on paper. you are never expected to do something outside your scope of safety, and any issue is thoroughly reviewed and proper measures put in place to prevent further issues if necessary. For me that is a huge plus, I have a wife and three kids and we are a single income family so it comforts me to know they take it as seriously as I do.
Pros
Benefits, Good Co-Workers, Lots of Work, Family Friendly.
Cons
The morning hazard assessments can be tedious on bigger crews, but that's honeslty not a bad thing when you think about it
19 March 2019

We greatly appreciate the feedback and will look to improve and streamline the morning paperwork on the larger sites.

Great Place to Work
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC31 July 2018
Mazzei Electric is a very motivating work enviroment. Everyone here really enjoys their job and role within the company and it shows by the daily interactions with your fellow employees. Coming in everyday you really feel like part of the team and what you do is appreciated.
19 March 2019

We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us at Mazzei Electric! Glad to know that you feel like a part of the team.

Excellent
Service technician, Red Seal Electrician (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 July 2018
I have nothing but good things to say as an employee for Mazzei Electric. They have been supportive, understanding and encouraging to not only my career goals but also to my personal needs as an individual. It's refreshing to work in an environment that I am more than just a number on a list. It must be said that the safety program for Mazzei is taken seriously and there is lots of room for growth. Definitely a great place to work as an electrician!
Pros
Steady work, benefits package, paid training
19 March 2019

We're thankful for the chance to ensure that you are encouraged in both your career and personal goals. We appreciate the review!

excellent organization
apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 April 2015
I enjoyed working there because of the amount of work they provided me with. awesome group of guys. my most enjoyable part was having always something to do.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mazzei Electric. Our community is ready to answer.

Mazzei Electric Reviews by Location