Mayfair Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Great Company
Administration (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2018
I've worked with several other organizations and at Mayfair I finally feel valued as a person instead of a number on a financial report. Their focus on employee training and development as well as patient care is truly refreshing! I've been here a year now and I feel like i've been here longer (in a good way!) I feel part of the team and part of the amazing progress we are creating to make this the best diagnostic imaging company in Canada.
Pros
Benefits, employee development, progressive
Great company to work for
Administrative Position (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
I've been with Mayfair for a few years now and can safely say that they are the best company I've worked for so far. They take measures to maintain a good culture for employees and even though many people are located at different clinics all over the city, they bring us together frequently and host events monthly (sometimes more than once a month) to maintain the "family feel" across the company. I especially appreciate the patient focused mentality they strive for. I've seen this be an important part of how they choose to grow the company since I started and since that is really important to me in where I choose to work, I value it highly in an employer. I've also never seen a company work so hard to adapt to their employees personal schedule. If you work in a clinic at Mayfair, they will literally do anything within reason to work around your family life. There are so many scheduling and shift variations and lots of clinics to work out of or transfer to/between to make your ideal schedule which is awesome. Also, the advancement opportunities in the clinics are frequent. They are constantly reaching out with ways to move to the next level of your career - either training in specializations for techs or leadership opportunities. I can't say enough about how important this is for someone like me, at a mid-point in my career.
Pros
Good atmosphere, great opportunity for growth in the clinics
Cons
Some change in direction with rotating executive committee
Great company to work for
Administrative Position (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2018
Pros
Good atmosphere, great opportunity for growth in the clinics
Cons
Some change in direction with rotating executive committee
Great company now!
Ultrasound (Current Employee) –  Calgary8 August 2018
I love working for Mayfair. The change in leadership has made a huge difference and old problems are in the past (finally!)

I am able to help my patients while feeling supported. Days are busy but I love my coworkers and my Manager. The Mayfair educational support provided is awesome.
Pros
Great coworkers, my manager, pay, benefits, social events, career growth and development
hard work
Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada ,Calgary, Alberta6 February 2018
Everyday can change it is never the same , can get 100 to 200 calls a day , from patients and DR. too. Also, we need to get previous exams and reports to be attached with the new appointments that we are making. it can be a very fast paste or can be a moderate day, we enjoy working because were helping some to feel comfortable and to have a piece of mind.
Pros
we get training a often meeting
Cons
short lunch times
Great place to work!
MRT (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
I love this company and my job! I have worked for two other radiology providers in Calgary, and this is the best one by far. The work environment is filled with great people who like to have fun. We have lots of laughs together. I actually miss everyone when I'm on holidays!

The radiologists are knowledgeable, fun, and pleasant. The pay and benefits are excellent. The workday is steady, but I was busier at my other jobs, to be honest. We went through a restructuring a few years ago which likely caused the three bad reviews on here. These are almost certainly people who lost their jobs. But honestly, there were way too many people working here before that, so I can see why they had to make some changes. There was not a lot of work to do. Now it's always a steady day which is way better for me anyway.

The HR people who were involved in hiring too many people were let go, so now they have a better admin system in place to hire accordingly. So job security is no longer an issue as far as I can tell.

They give us lots of extras too...parties, educational opportunities, and health savings accounts among others.

This is the best place I have ever worked.
Pros
Great atmosphere/morale, good pay/benefits, great people!
Absolutely no job security
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2017
I was with RCA for almost a year, running all over the city to different locations. They say you can pick the ones that are closer to you, that's not the case, saying no isn't an option or they will terminate there shortly after.
There was very little training, reading mostly, then your thrown to the wolves. If you mess up on a code you have techs yelling at you in front of patients..
What was laughable was the God complex of the radiologists, God forbid you speak to them lol.
The staff at the front were very supportive and helped eachother when we could, most times we could barely run to the bathroom.
They did a huge overhaul with management to boost profits.
In regards to ultrasounds, we were told to send patients back even if we knew they hadn't drank their water, they could bill for a picture, even after knowing the patient was not going to be full at all. I rebooked a patient and was immediately reprimanded, told to always send them back no matter what, cause we can make money off that.. All mighty dollar and patient care went out the window.
Pros
Ok pay, good co workers
Cons
Long hours, no support from management, no job security and high stress
Horrible company
Technical staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 December 2016
This is a horrible company to work for. They do not care about their employees at all and focus more on making money than caring for their patients. They will cut hours or lay off employees without notice or without reason. Management is horrible and communication between radiologists, HR and technical staff is severely lacking. They do not give enough time for appointments, so staff is always stressed out and running behind. Many staff representatives have complained about this numerous times, but Management does not care about the safety of their employees or patients. Many staff members are injured from over-use injuries. They do not give you breaks and staff meetings are not paid. I have never worked for a worse company and would recommend working elsewhere.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
no job stability/terribly run company
Medical Radiographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK24 January 2016
This company (also known as RCA) makes big promises that they can not fill. They will say what is needed to get an employee but they have no problem with terminating employment at any time for no reason whatsoever. They do NOT care about their employees and the lack of job instability is always felt. You basically work your days away knowing that at any given time, you may be terminated due to 'restructuring' or whatever other bogus reason they give you. No job is safe. Even top HR positions are terminated without warning. Save yourself the headache and heartache and look elsewhere for work. This is not a good company to work for.
Cons
total job instability