Mayfair Clubs

Mayfair Clubs Employee Reviews

The staff are awesome mostly but the management are jokes. They have no respect for employees and the turn over is very vey high. They have high expectations for little reward
Pros
Free meal and gym use
Cons
Stressful and you get mentally abused by management
26 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback.
We are sorry to hear about your experience while you were employed with Mayfair Clubs. Mayfair Clubs employees are very important as they are an integral part of the Mayfair member experience. You are completely correct when you say our people are awesome. We agree! The teams employed at Mayfair were carefully selected by our management team. Our managers are the reason that you had such wonderful people working around you and we are sorry you felt otherwise. We have many senior staff members that have worked at Mayfair for longer than 10 years both within our Management team and frontline staff.

Please feel free to contact hr@mayfairclubs.com to provide additional feedback about your experience.
High turnover of staff, micro managed and no interest in positive changes to keep up with the industry. Many entitled staff who get away with doing whatever they want and no repercussions. Too many words of promises, and no actions by club manager to actually allow people to do their job in their hired position. Everyone has a opinion and those whom never worked in a specific field tend to have have say on what goes on simply because of their statuses
One of the worst experiences I have had in 20+ years of managing. Dishonestly, lied to, and lack of integrity were the norm. Not only would I never work there again, I would'nt even go back as a guest or a member. One plus was the HR manager was amazing while I was there, seemed to truly care.
Pros
Staff worked hard
Cons
Dishonest Management
Mayfair Clubs is a great place to work. The staff and members are very friendly and it's awesome to be able to work out during your lunch break. Other perks include free weekly tennis lessons for staff from Tennis Pros.
Disgusting company to work for. They have no sense of loyalty. I'm surprised Ontario Labor Board hasn't fined this place or that the Ontario Human rights commission hasn't been here.They cheat you out holiday pays, you will never get raise, there is no benefit programs unless your management. There is no staff lunch room, so staff are struggling to find a place to eat. The poor maintenance stuff eats out of the laundry room where they stock all bleach, soap, chemicals etc. Which I am pretty sure is a health hazard. Management constantly lies because the club manager herself is a pathological liar. If they want this place to do better the CEO needs to get rid of the club manager and certain department managers such as fitness,bistro, maintenance & sports & social. Ontario Labor Board/ human rights commission needs to go there and speak with the staff in confidential.
26 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time working at Mayfair Clubs. We hope that you were aware that you had every opportunity to bring up these issues to the attention of our Human Resources team during your service. We ensure our compliances are above and beyond Ontario Labor Standards, Human Rights Standards, and any other applicable labour laws. We also have clear policies on holiday pay, our performance-based wage system and other issues mentioned herein.

Please feel free to confidentially message us at hr@mayfairclubs.com to discuss your issues further.
Result oriented, progressive workplace. Very talented coworkers. They are always ready to help , share their experience and ideas to make your job successful. The Management is supportive and approachable. Feedback is often provided. Annual reviews are available. Fast paced environment.
Pros
Access to Club facilities, employee discounts, lean org structure
Great facilities and understanding of work life balance.
Good people.

Compensation could be better but there are other perks that help make up for that like use of facilities, discounts and flexible schedules.
Pros
Use of facilities, flexible schedules
Ontario Employment Standards Act and Ontario Human Rights Code seem not to apply at Mayfair Clubs.
A horribly dysfunctional organization with rampant harassment, bigotry, bullying and assault among staff, members against staff, and staff toward some members.

Constant member complaints of vermin, disrepair, foreign objects in food, and rampant health and safety violations...far from luxurious.

It’s a wonder this place has not been shut down.

Do yourself a favour and get a part-time job at Goodlife instead.

(Leadership is micro-managed and expected to be on call 24/7 by three sibling owners who make up the “Board of Directors”)
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
26 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We are sorry your experience with Mayfair Clubs didn’t reflect our company values which places importance on staff input, innovation, 360 feedback, and professionalism. We pride ourselves on our services and the high-quality standards we aim to maintain for our members. We are celebrating our 50th Anniversary in the business this year and that speaks to our overall success with our staff and members.

Feel free to reach out to hr@mayfairclubs.com with any further comments or additional feedback.
Being a members-only health club Management will never have your back and are not easy to talk too. I used to work in the restaurant and was inappropriately propositioned and spoken to by male members constantly and nothing was ever done as they are "paying members". Its a thankless place to work overall but if you just need a job it will fill the part until you move on. They don't really care about staff, everyone is replaceable.
Pros
Use of gym
Cons
Management is poor
26 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry you did not have a good experience during your employment at Mayfair Clubs. We take harassment in any form very seriously and we hope that you were aware that you could have brought these issues to our Human Resources team at any time. We make great efforts to ensure the safety and happiness of our staff members during their employment with us as they are what makes Mayfair Clubs work!

If you would like to provide additional feedback, please contact hr@mayfairclubs.com.
very busy letting agency. i learned a lot from here. managements are very good. the hardest part of the job is managing different people. the most enjoyable part of the job is the positive attitude of all the people.
Great relationship with management. Learned a lot about working with different age groups and personalities.
Got to enjoy gym membership benefits.

Made a lot of friends during my stay
You are overworked and extremely underpaid for the amount of expectation the management's has. There is no incentives at this company, how can you be a health club and not offer any benefits. There's no staff room/ lunch room for employees. HR is non existing. You can make a formal complaint and instead of HR investigating they just make assumption based on what management says. Manager's/ supervisors here are bullies, manipulative and wants to micro manage everything. Instead of helping you grow, they like to belittle you and there is no appreciation or loyalty. Members/clients and co workers here are great but not enough reason for you to stick around.
Pros
Members at the club are the nicest people ever
Cons
Underpaid
I have worked at Mayfair for almost 6 years and have had the pleasure of working in 3 of the 4 locations, getting to know and work with wonderful teams and management. If you are willing to focus and genuinely care about your role, management is quite supportive and rewards it's team members with advancement. Also a great fun culture, emphasizing family life, recreation and sport. If you are open to it, you will be made to feel like family.
Pros
Casual and fun environment
Cons
Service industry challenges
I worked in inside sales. When potential customers came in to the club I would show them the facility and give them the sales pitch.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, harassment by tennis pro
Worked there for for over 15 years it was a great experience met a lot of amazing people. If you are looking for a social Club to be a part of its an overall great Club.
A great facility with a wonderful brand. Learned to multi task, troubleshoot, manage all clientele, and office procedures. Co workers were wonderful and the managers fair. Hardest part of the job is the commute. The most enjoyable is the environment and rewards for performance in my role.

Overall rating is 9/10
Pros
Fitness environment
Cons
distance from my residence
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayfair Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7