Mayfair Clubs
Mayfair Clubs Employee Review

Poorly operated

26 March 2020
High turnover of staff, micro managed and no interest in positive changes to keep up with the industry. Many entitled staff who get away with doing whatever they want and no repercussions. Too many words of promises, and no actions by club manager to actually allow people to do their job in their hired position. Everyone has a opinion and those whom never worked in a specific field tend to have have say on what goes on simply because of their statuses
13 March 2020
Same location
One of the worst experiences I have had in 20+ years of managing. Dishonestly, lied to, and lack of integrity were the norm. Not only would I never work there again, I would'nt even go back as a guest or a member. One plus was the HR manager was amazing while I was there, seemed to truly care.
Pros
Staff worked hard
Cons
Dishonest Management
26 February 2020
Mayfair Clubs is a great place to work. The staff and members are very friendly and it's awesome to be able to work out during your lunch break. Other perks include free weekly tennis lessons for staff from Tennis Pros.
13 February 2020
Disgusting company to work for. They have no sense of loyalty. I'm surprised Ontario Labor Board hasn't fined this place or that the Ontario Human rights commission hasn't been here.They cheat you out holiday pays, you will never get raise, there is no benefit programs unless your management. There is no staff lunch room, so staff are struggling to find a place to eat. The poor maintenance stuff eats out of the laundry room where they stock all bleach, soap, chemicals etc. Which I am pretty sure is a health hazard. Management constantly lies because the club manager herself is a pathological liar. If they want this place to do better the CEO needs to get rid of the club manager and certain department managers such as fitness,bistro, maintenance & sports & social. Ontario Labor Board/ human rights commission needs to go there and speak with the staff in confidential.
Official response from Mayfair Clubs
26 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
We are sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your time working at Mayfair Clubs. We hope that you were aware that you had every opportunity to bring up these issues to the attention of our Human Resources team during your service. We ensure our compliances are above and beyond Ontario Labor Standards, Human Rights Standards, and any other applicable labour laws. We also have clear policies on holiday pay, our performance-based wage system and other issues mentioned herein.

Please feel free to confidentially message us at hr@mayfairclubs.com to discuss your issues further.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mayfair Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7