MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Pay & Benefits reviews

maxsys
Truck Driver, Demolition and Laborer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 March 2019
there a part time job company .
your have too work 6 months too even get looked at too work with 1 off there company's.
no benefits with them
adless your full time with someone.
lots off work is you want it .
Pros
lots off work
Decent place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
It pays the bills and is better than any place I have ever worked. I am treated fairly. Benefits could be better and it would be nice to have sick time.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Unrealistic expectations at times
Encouraged and Respected
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2019
I have been with MaxSys for a few months now and I feel like there is the opportunity for a lengthy career here. I am encouraged to use my skill set to the best of my ability and that is a first. I am respected by my peers and upper management.

The office culture is generally positive and we are encouraged to participate in social activities that are put on by MaxSys. Overall, I would highly recommend MaxSys as a place of employment.
Pros
Excellent hours; great salary & benefits
Not fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2018
It was a ok place. Just not fun. To hard and long hours I would not go back to this ever. I was hard. Heavy. To much. Hard on the mind. To fare. Not a good place
Pros
Cons
Long
Great company to work for!
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 October 2018
MaxSys is one of the best staffing agencies in Canada! They have the resources of a large company and the customer service of a small company! Happy to be apart of this team.
Pros
Upper management heavily involved in day-to-day activities, well paying salary, opportunities for growth
Cons
N/a
Normally good work environment
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 September 2018
Enjoyable to work for them. The team is helpful and actual understanding. great for people who do well with random. some job site were not enjoyable at all to be at.
Pros
you did not have go through finding job, the company does it for you
Cons
No health benefits
Good in a pinch, not so much for long term
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2018
They find you work you are qualified to do, however stability is an issue and you will often find yourself without work for extended periods of time..
Pros
They find work for you.
Cons
Not a dependable source of steady income.
Horrible
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2018
Workers don't tell you all info about a job which means you don't know what you're doing, what you're making, and sometimes you barely even know where to go. They give you 3 jobs then leave you alone for weeks. They give you jobs that are very far away from you even when you request that they don't. When they mess up, you get contacted by a higher up trying to give you a lecture about how hard they work. VERY hard to get a hold of agents for ANYTHING be it job rescheduling, inqueries, or emergencies.
Pros
Flexible hours because you barely get any
Cons
Awesome Environment & Team!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2017
When I started my job at Maxsys this past summer as a receptionist there was A LOT to learn! This company is massive and deals with many different types of people, from high end consultants to construction workers. Being introduced to such a diverse environment you learn how to deal with any situation and create POSITIVE relationships with co-workers. You also get to meet or interact with almost everyone in the company since Ottawa is the head office. I have always had such great feedback from the staff and such a welcoming experience when dealing with any employee, making this work place for me, better than any job I’ve ever had!
Pros
Benefits & office outings!
Meh
Stericycle Outbound Calling Agent (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 May 2017
They did help me find good employment once, other then that they have a lot of issues that they need to work out. I never know if I'm actually going to get paid on time, and after hounding for a job for weeks, they message me late night the night before asking if I can work early morning.
Pros
It's work
Cons
Unreliable, doesn't pay on time
Productive place and fast to position you.
Casual Laborer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 July 2016
It was a great place to work, people are friendly and very easy to talk to. When your looking for something, anything, they tend to have all these jobs lined up for you.
Pros
Free lunches and t shirts
Cons
Far to travel sometimes.
Treats Employees like Children
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2016
Constant micro-management. Employees were discouraged from interacting with each other. Was constantly questions what I was talking to co-workers about and told not to talk to them, even about work related matters, and to get back to my computer and make phone calls.

Employees are expected to have their butts in seats at 8:00 and not a second later, and you're in trouble if you're even a minute late, but no thanks is given for working through lunch or after hours which is sometimes expected.

Effort made beyond what is expected (and there are quotas for everything) is not recognized. Training is minimal and procedures are constantly changing. I have been told to do one thing, then told to do the opposite the next day; it is never clear what expectations are.

Management makes it pretty clear they don't care about you and that you are replaceable. The president of the company had conversations with middle management in front of employees saying they could fire people if they felt like it.

President also told (not asked, told) employees to write positive reviews of the company on indeed to boost the rating. I did (for fear of being terminated arbitrarily) and have since removed it for a more honest review.

Was promised (in my interview AND in my contract) that commissions would be paid monthly but management always had an excuse for not paying these out. Some employees waited up to 6 months for commissions. Performance bonuses were also offered and awarded but, again, never paid out.

Was also promised benefits as soon as my probation was over but had to remind
  more... management several times to complete the paperwork. Got a very strong impression that the process was deliberately being dragged out.

Was told explicitly by my director to lie to candidates and clients.

The only positive aspect of this job are the co-workers who are all very supportive but unfortunately there is a very high turnover rate.

Save yourself the grief and don't work here.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Old fashioned management style that over controls all aspects of the office
Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2016
MaxSys has the potential to be a great company but the leaders in the organization are blind to see the changes in the industry (like technology upgrades). They dedicate themselves to buy companies instead of investing in their own people.

The president demanded that all employees post positive reviews on Indeed to change the ratings instead of making appropiate changes to benefit the company, that speaks volumes on the way things are run.

One way it deals with high debt because of buying corporations is to offer lower salaries and rock bottom benefits compared to the industry, also no bonuses for recruiters.

All employees are asked to work nights and weekends to respond to clients and candidates, but never think of taking a personal day or arrive late or leave early because it is an insult. Employees need to be flexible for the company but the company is not flexible towards its employees.

I hope these words help to reshape the current way of doing things
Pros
Good starting point
Cons
My way or the highway mentality
Poor management
temp (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 November 2015
Terrible management - high turnover - health and safety issues - harassment policy not enforced - low pay - low in- house advancement.
Productive work place !
Sr Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto Ontario19 October 2015
MaxSys provides a positive work environment , that allows you to excel in your role.
Management is very responsive to suggestions and concerns .
Excellent ongoing training is offered.
MaxSys rewards your contributions with spot bonuses, trips a Gala Dinner,a Christmas party and of course an equitable salary.
Pros
Excellent Leadership Great location and Company Branding
Best place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 October 2015
MaxSys is best place to work and grow your career. Amazing management and best Job culture. Management believes in promoting within, sky is the limit for recruiting professionals working at MaxSys.
MaxSys offers competitive base compensation with outstanding commission structure.
MaxSys sponsors lots of fun activities for employees- Gala, Christmas dinner, adventure club, Jeans day are few to mention.
MaxSys provides best training in market to employees for advancement and best recruitment practices.
MaxSys is the best employer in Canada.
no idea, make you feel desperated
banquet server (Former Employee) –  halifax, ns14 July 2015
If you r college students which have no worry about the money____ just for fun, for something like social experiences or experiencing the labour life you never get a chance to have in your middle or higher class life, you definitely give a five star review!!!

Yep, you definitely gonna give a five star review while licking your silver&golden spoon by your rose lips.

Firstly,I dislike the rich college students involved in the team as they have many chances to get a job in campus, community even well paid corporation. They never follow the discipline, they stand away and laugh at the co-workers who work as a cow, they hesitate to put their well raised fingers to dirty and greasy dishes as well as they never put a heavy tray on their shoulders. After shift, many of the team members ran to the next job or home. They walk into sushi restaurant or luxury apartment or gym to treat themselves. The people, who really need these few bulks to buy family grocery, have been taken the shifts by the one who spends this money on ONE meal.

Secondly, nasty customers, most from social organization and politician. Yes, aging is never related to wisdom and patience. Some old women and older politicians turn to gorilla after a few drinks, they copy the way we carry the tray! ______ bless their whole family (especially their children and grandchildren if they have) the same job opportunity! Thank you God. Bless their CCA won't hit them too hard anyway.

Thirdly, the agency gives shifts at last seconds, I even have no time to take a bus. Cab? No way, the shift may reduced into 1 hour
  more... only ! You only get 11 dollar check next week!
BTW, hello?? Now is 9 AM, you want me to start a shift at a restaurant ASAP at 9 :15 AM. Even I live inside the restaurant, you have to allow me 20 mins to change my uniform and walk through the long lobby!
Pros
no idea
Cons
a lot
not really reliable
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 January 2015
work isn't guaranteed but they get the majority of contracts in Halifax
Crowded work schedules/minimal shifts
Event Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 December 2014
A typical day at work with Maxsys is long and hard working tedious labour jobs. I learned there's a better way than to work at an assembly line and because you cannot make a living off of a few shifts a week. The hardest part is that you work yourself into exhaustion, its not pleasant.
Pros
Communal/Social