MaxSys Staffing & Consulting

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Management reviews

Canada215 reviews
I had the pleasure of working for Maxsys Staffing as a recruiter for 19 months.

I would highly recommend this position to anyone who is looking to gain HR recruiting experience.

A typical workday would consist of screening resumes, interviewing new applicants and following up with all of our clients. I learned how to skim through 100's of resumes in a timely matter and choose the best possible candidate for an open position.

Management was great and I enjoyed working with my branch manager, directors and vice presidents. The culture is all about productivity and results.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with associates that accept a job and do not show up. This is why you need to interview new people daily to ensure you have a long list of associates ready to go at any given time.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting good people to work. I saw the positive change it made in their lives and that's what made me love this role. You need to connect with your associates on a personal level and really get to know them and that will help you find the best possible position for them.
They make you feel you are there to take the company in the right direction. After a while management does not care one bit about you all they care about is that you meet your KPIs (phone calls, visits,etc.) so most of the employees fake them.
The VP in charge of the Toronto office, spends all day gambling in his office with the door closed. The only time he seems "active" and pretending to be working is when the Owner of the company shows up.

They promise employees promotions that will never get.

Managers blame employees for bad performance of the division in order to save their "neck" with the owner of the company. So they fire almost everybody and the story starts again.
Pros
Cons
If I have to list all CONS of working for this company, this coment will be extremely large.
Im full time there now middle of covid 19 no danger pay whatsoever. When i got the job i had no idea wht i was getting into. You dont sort recycleables there. We do all roadside garbage, and we get everything, diapes, feces, rats, dead animals, compost. Sorting recycleables ahahaha, false advertise much. Worst job ever from the worst employers. Just run away before its to late.
Nice to work with them..all the workers are cooperative and very nice...supervisors are also good...good time management..got to learn new skills...got new experiences...
Staff is amazing, the culture is very close knit, everyone works together.
Very understanding management.
Training is great, you will learn skills you can take with you in the future!
I did receive valuable training and acquired skills that helped me further my career, and I made some great connections with my coworkers, but management does not appreciate their employees so I was quickly looking for a new position.
Management is very rude. Especially the man the manager such an bad person.so rude an not professional.they need to work on people skills an learn how to speak to people. We are not animals
Although senior management are "nice" people, MaxSys is the professional equivalent of slum lords. Low pay, insanely low commissions, minimal support, mixed up priorities. They will give you a manager title and try to pay you 50k. They will tell you it's not in the budget for additional staff but fly you to ottawa twice a year for the most laughably pompous dinner you'll ever experience. An ok job if you're early in your career, but it is in no way a "good" place to work.
I have been with MaxSys for a few months now and I feel like there is the opportunity for a lengthy career here. I am encouraged to use my skill set to the best of my ability and that is a first. I am respected by my peers and upper management.

The office culture is generally positive and we are encouraged to participate in social activities that are put on by MaxSys. Overall, I would highly recommend MaxSys as a place of employment.
Pros
Excellent hours; great salary & benefits
I was hired as a recruiter. This company is poorly run all over and uses technology to operate I t from 1997, I kid you not. Some staff are super negative and should be fired. Don’t expect any days off either.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MaxSys Staffing & Consulting?
The CEO is rude, and be littles his employees. IF you call in sick they guilt you to come in, even though you are entitled to sick days. Some of the staff made it bearable, but the managers were horrible and not team leaders.
I was a government recruiter at MaxSys for just shy of a year. The training that was provided gave me the opportunity to learn and grow as a recruiter. The management was very understanding when it came to issues or time-off requests. It was very difficult to find suitable candidates at times for specific positions, however everyone worked together as a team to complete difficult tasks. Overall I really enjoyed my time as MaxSys and would recommend it to others.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Long hours of work with no incentive of any sort. Had to work round the clock on call. Very bad work atmosphere. The team I managed were in a tough spot so was I. The top management acts as though all is ok. Seen staff being ill-treated in a very sutle way by the Payroll at head office. Too many mistakes by the Payroll and there is no courtesy to admit or correct their mistakes. Very rude Payroll staff. The Top management knows but does not care about recruiting staff.
Cons
Please stay away from slavery. Poor pay
MaxSys is one of the best staffing agencies in Canada! They have the resources of a large company and the customer service of a small company! Happy to be apart of this team.
Pros
Upper management heavily involved in day-to-day activities, well paying salary, opportunities for growth
Cons
N/a
All round unprofessional and horrible place to work.

The place sucks the life out of employees.

I have learnt nothing.
Slavery from upper management and owner

Extreme intolerance to people with color at this office.

Turnover is maximum in both recruiters and admin staff.

Its a toxic environment.

Join management cliques and get all bonus and awards and get the benefit of bullying co workers

Terrible HR.

Morale and motivation is an all time low.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional and Avoid unless you want to go insane, Underpaid Overworked
Dont fall for this company .they make it seem like they're trying to help and then they'll just throw you aside when you're not making them enough money.

I put my trust in them and they completely screwed me over at the worst timing possible.

Now I have two kids who've been suffering with nothing to eat for two months
Pros
Cons
They dont care
they just truly don't care for their employees. never try to help and definitely would never let you be bought out. temp agencies just use people to get a profit and it gets sad
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good company , work culture is good. Management is friendly and open.
Work timing are stringent and you need to work from 8.00am - 9.00pm everyday.

Overall good place to work
Great Management support and excellent guidance on the work front. No micromanagement with extremely lively work culture.
The managers guide you through the ways of productivity and great team bonding initiatives
Cons
While working with Maxsys I had a fabulous relationship with my recruiter. I was able to fully trust them, and even pass forward many of my own connections to work with MaxSys.

My experience was fantastic, the recruiter was very professional, never left any details hidden, and was always available for any questions or concerns. I would recommend any independent Consultant to work with MaxSys, and create a positive relationship like I did.
Pros
Great Management
You will be expected to change job locations frequently, unless you secure a good position at one site. The management is of good quality and professionalism and keeps in close connection to it's workforce.
Pros
This company provides wide variety ofwork related experiences and the opportunity to network.
Cons
Frequent job site changes can be at times frustrating.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaxSys Staffing & Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.