MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews for Recruiter

Decent place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
It pays the bills and is better than any place I have ever worked. I am treated fairly. Benefits could be better and it would be nice to have sick time.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Unrealistic expectations at times
The Worst
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 December 2018
I was hired as a recruiter. This company is poorly run all over and uses technology to operate I t from 1997, I kid you not. Some staff are super negative and should be fired. Don’t expect any days off either.
Pros
Nil
Unhealthy Work Enviroment
Private Sector Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2018
The CEO is rude, and be littles his employees. IF you call in sick they guilt you to come in, even though you are entitled to sick days. Some of the staff made it bearable, but the managers were horrible and not team leaders.
Great Company!!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
I was a government recruiter at MaxSys for just shy of a year. The training that was provided gave me the opportunity to learn and grow as a recruiter. The management was very understanding when it came to issues or time-off requests. It was very difficult to find suitable candidates at times for specific positions, however everyone worked together as a team to complete difficult tasks. Overall I really enjoyed my time as MaxSys and would recommend it to others.
Pros
great coworkers
Productive and Full of Learning
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Great Management support and excellent guidance on the work front. No micromanagement with extremely lively work culture.
The managers guide you through the ways of productivity and great team bonding initiatives
Trains employees well
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 May 2017
Maxsys trains their employees very well, in my opinion anyway. I had very great training from a senior recruiter. This company is a very good starting point for someone career for sure.
Fun place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Working at Maxsys is a lot of fun. There always seems to be something fun going on. Barbecues, team building events and so much more. Such a great company to work for.
Working for MaxSys
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 May 2017
Very fun environment to work in. Everyone there is super friendly and they help you out if you need it. The management style there is also easy going. A great company.
Awesome Company to Work For
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 May 2017
I had an awesome time working for this company. i really enjoyed the many team buildings events and gala's each year. Great place to work and I gained a lot of experience from working there!
Recruiter
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
I worked as a recruiter for Maxsys for a little over a year and it was honestly one of my favorite jobs. So many team building events and get togethers.
Working at Maxsys
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 April 2017
Working at Maxsys was honestly the best. There are so many team building activities, the gala's, dinners and much more. They really know how to treat their staff.
Best training
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 April 2017
working for maxsys was an awesome experience. they treat the staff well and make sure you get the best possible training. they want you to continuously.
Always an adventure!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB8 November 2016
I have been with Maxsys for roughly five months and what an adventure it has been! The hardest part of the job is the time management learning curve but once you get into the "groove" of things, it becomes much easier. My co-workers are like a small family, we talk both in and out of work constantly and without them and their continuous support, this would be only a job, not a rewarding career that I plan on spending many years with. Maxsys also offers fun events and galas to meet the rest of our co-workers throughout the year.
Pros
Events
Cons
occasional long hours
MaxSys Culture
Recruiter/Admin Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2016
MaxSys is a great place to work especially when you are new to the recruiting industry. The management team really cares about your success and will help you along the way. In addition, employees are recognised for their hard work and the appreciation goes a long way with productivity.
Great Company!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2016
I have been employed with MaxSys for ~ 9 months and I have nothing but great things to say about this organization. The people I work with are great and the culture is a great fit.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Good Place just not for me
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2016
Being a recruiter taught me alot of things but I think the most important thing it did teach me was that I did't want to do that type of position for the rest of my life. I am not the type of person that can sit down at work for 40 hours a week.
Pros
knowledge gained and skills learned
Cons
not for me
Treats Employees like Children
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2016
Constant micro-management. Employees were discouraged from interacting with each other. Was constantly questions what I was talking to co-workers about and told not to talk to them, even about work related matters, and to get back to my computer and make phone calls.

Employees are expected to have their butts in seats at 8:00 and not a second later, and you're in trouble if you're even a minute late, but no thanks is given for working through lunch or after hours which is sometimes expected.

Effort made beyond what is expected (and there are quotas for everything) is not recognized. Training is minimal and procedures are constantly changing. I have been told to do one thing, then told to do the opposite the next day; it is never clear what expectations are.

Management makes it pretty clear they don't care about you and that you are replaceable. The president of the company had conversations with middle management in front of employees saying they could fire people if they felt like it.

President also told (not asked, told) employees to write positive reviews of the company on indeed to boost the rating. I did (for fear of being terminated arbitrarily) and have since removed it for a more honest review.

Was promised (in my interview AND in my contract) that commissions would be paid monthly but management always had an excuse for not paying these out. Some employees waited up to 6 months for commissions. Performance bonuses were also offered and awarded but, again, never paid out.

Was also promised benefits as soon as my probation was over but had to remind
  more... management several times to complete the paperwork. Got a very strong impression that the process was deliberately being dragged out.

Was told explicitly by my director to lie to candidates and clients.

The only positive aspect of this job are the co-workers who are all very supportive but unfortunately there is a very high turnover rate.

Save yourself the grief and don't work here.
Pros
Coworkers
Fun place
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2016
Maxsys is a really fun place to work in! Can be intimidating at first but coworkers are very supportive and do their best to help you along the way. Not everyone is cut out for this industry, you deal with rejection from candidates but you do get to connect with some great professionals!
Pros
Amazing coworkers, fast pace, lunch and learns (Free lunch), adventure clubs
Cons
Long hours, unpredictable candidates
I have been working at MaxSys for a few weeks, and by far the best job I have ever had.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2016
The atmosphere is amazing, the staff is very nice and easy to talk to. They are very supportive in my training and will offer some great tips and advice! I am very happy to be part of the MaxSys family.
Amazing Team and office Atmosphere
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 February 2016
Compared to any other job that I have worked, the staff with MaxSys Staffing and Consulting is unreal. Great hard working people who get things done but have fun in the process. So many things to learn in such a fast paced environment, makes the day fly by!
Pros
Pizza lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaxSys Staffing & Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Reviews by Location