MaxSys Staffing & Consulting

MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Ottawa, ON58 reviews
I worked with a hand full of nice Friendly ladies ! It was a small office. I had nothing to complain about in this office. My only regret is I didn’t get hired on permanently. Other than that, it was a nice clean environment and a positive atmosphere. I’d work there again! 😁
Staff is amazing, the culture is very close knit, everyone works together.
Very understanding management.

Training is great, you will learn skills you can take with you in the future!
I did receive valuable training and acquired skills that helped me further my career, and I made some great connections with my coworkers, but management does not appreciate their employees so I was quickly looking for a new position.
MaxSys is a relaxing and collaberative place to work. As a term employee MaxSys gave me prompt support with all my HR and payroll needs. I had a very good experience working with MaxSys.
The staff are very friendly and supportive. They contact you to make sure your well being is taken care of. When it comes to salary there is no written pay stub that has to be given, the people who work there deal with that burden.
I have been with MaxSys for a few months now and I feel like there is the opportunity for a lengthy career here. I am encouraged to use my skill set to the best of my ability and that is a first. I am respected by my peers and upper management.

The office culture is generally positive and we are encouraged to participate in social activities that are put on by MaxSys. Overall, I would highly recommend MaxSys as a place of employment.
Pros
Excellent hours; great salary & benefits
The CEO is rude, and be littles his employees. IF you call in sick they guilt you to come in, even though you are entitled to sick days. Some of the staff made it bearable, but the managers were horrible and not team leaders.
I was a government recruiter at MaxSys for just shy of a year. The training that was provided gave me the opportunity to learn and grow as a recruiter. The management was very understanding when it came to issues or time-off requests. It was very difficult to find suitable candidates at times for specific positions, however everyone worked together as a team to complete difficult tasks. Overall I really enjoyed my time as MaxSys and would recommend it to others.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Long hours of work with no incentive of any sort. Had to work round the clock on call. Very bad work atmosphere. The team I managed were in a tough spot so was I. The top management acts as though all is ok. Seen staff being ill-treated in a very sutle way by the Payroll at head office. Too many mistakes by the Payroll and there is no courtesy to admit or correct their mistakes. Very rude Payroll staff. The Top management knows but does not care about recruiting staff.
Cons
Please stay away from slavery. Poor pay
All round unprofessional and horrible place to work.

The place sucks the life out of employees.

I have learnt nothing. Slavery from upper management and owner

Extreme intolerance to people with color at this office.

Turnover is maximum in both recruiters and admin staff.

Its a toxic environment.

Join management cliques and get all bonus and awards and get the benefit of bullying co workers

Terrible HR.

Morale and motivation is an all time low.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional and Avoid unless you want to go insane, Underpaid Overworked
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at MaxSys Staffing & Consulting?

I thoroughly enjoy my time working with such a wonderful company and great people
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
none !
Get into work, take calls and leave for the day. Supported over 50 users across the nation who were professional. Pleasant place to work and would recommend it.
Great workplace, Getting to know new people in a different work zone, always occupied, people are there to answer your inquires. Basic and easy going job. Provide 100% dedication.
Workers don't tell you all info about a job which means you don't know what you're doing, what you're making, and sometimes you barely even know where to go. They give you 3 jobs then leave you alone for weeks. They give you jobs that are very far away from you even when you request that they don't. When they mess up, you get contacted by a higher up trying to give you a lecture about how hard they work. VERY hard to get a hold of agents for ANYTHING be it job rescheduling, inqueries, or emergencies.
Pros
Flexible hours because you barely get any
Cons
Productive place connecting me with the proper jobs with clear cut times. Upfront and honest with the sharing of jobs. Overall a pleasant time and would definitely recommend
When I started my job at Maxsys this past summer as a receptionist there was A LOT to learn! This company is massive and deals with many different types of people, from high end consultants to construction workers. Being introduced to such a diverse environment you learn how to deal with any situation and create POSITIVE relationships with co-workers. You also get to meet or interact with almost everyone in the company since Ottawa is the head office. I have always had such great feedback from the staff and such a welcoming experience when dealing with any employee, making this work place for me, better than any job I’ve ever had!
Pros
Benefits & office outings!
Working with Maxsys was an all around GREAT experience. I work for the government of Canada and one can be a little skeptical of these agencies, however MaxSys explained how they work and how they want to help find you the best contract, before signing anything (no pressure). The honesty that the recruiter gives you builds a great foundation and relationship, so that you are OPEN to working with them, and OPEN to different opportunities. I believe registering with MaxSys is something any government employee should do, there is really nothing to lose, and only contracts to gain!
Pros
You can trust that your recruiter has your BEST interest
Cons
Different pay rates for different contracts can be surprising at times
I was Hired as a GSI Recruiter in Toronto with MaxSys, and my experience was amazing. Not only was I able to help myself and grow with the team to become a better recruiter, I also was able to help others find jobs in the area, and create relationships with different types of people! If you are looking for a dynamic work place, that keeps you on your toes, and is super rewarding MaxSys is the place be !
I was not with this company for very long but during my time with them it was a great experience. I gained some great experience from the contracts I was put on.
The staff made me feel very welcome when I came in for my interview. The interview was also very easy going and they put me on a contract not too long after.
I definitely think there are more pros than cons with Maxsys. They have so many contracts on the go all the time and it greats to constantly have work and get some different experience.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaxSys Staffing & Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.