MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews

A day in the life with Maxsys
Stockroom Associate, Lawtons (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 June 2018
I dropped by Maxsys office a few months ago and have not been without work since.
Staff are some of the most professional and friendly I've ever seen.
Work hard and the work will come to you along with the diverse work environments you'll experience. Just don't be lazy and be on time.
Would strongly recommend for those coming back to the work force.
Pros
Awesome staff.
Cons
Low pay
Good in a pinch, not so much for long term
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2018
They find you work you are qualified to do, however stability is an issue and you will often find yourself without work for extended periods of time..
Pros
They find work for you.
Cons
Not a dependable source of steady income.
Fun workplace, and always great staff to work with.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2018
Great workplace, Getting to know new people in a different work zone, always occupied, people are there to answer your inquires. Basic and easy going job. Provide 100% dedication.
Horrible
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2018
Workers don't tell you all info about a job which means you don't know what you're doing, what you're making, and sometimes you barely even know where to go. They give you 3 jobs then leave you alone for weeks. They give you jobs that are very far away from you even when you request that they don't. When they mess up, you get contacted by a higher up trying to give you a lecture about how hard they work. VERY hard to get a hold of agents for ANYTHING be it job rescheduling, inqueries, or emergencies.
Pros
Flexible hours because you barely get any
Ignorant company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 February 2018
Dont fall for this company .they make it seem like they're trying to help and then they'll just throw you aside when you're not making them enough money.

I put my trust in them and they completely screwed me over at the worst timing possible.

Now I have two kids who've been suffering with nothing to eat for two months
Pros
Cons
They dont care
just horrible
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 February 2018
they just truly don't care for their employees. never try to help and definitely would never let you be bought out. temp agencies just use people to get a profit and it gets sad
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and fun
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada4 February 2018
Productive place connecting me with the proper jobs with clear cut times. Upfront and honest with the sharing of jobs. Overall a pleasant time and would definitely recommend
Overall good place to work
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Good company , work culture is good. Management is friendly and open.
Work timing are stringent and you need to work from 8.00am - 9.00pm everyday.

Overall good place to work
back-breaking work
Cleaner (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 January 2018
Causing picking cans from under thousands of seat was a back-breaking job, and that would cause difficulty in the next days of work. some cans left by the fans would have liquid in them and we had no way to dispose of the liquids so by putting them in the garbage bag and have to carry that around would cause even more mess in the workplace and make the place dangerous to work on
Productive and Full of Learning
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Great Management support and excellent guidance on the work front. No micromanagement with extremely lively work culture.
The managers guide you through the ways of productivity and great team bonding initiatives
Networking
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
While working with Maxsys I had a fabulous relationship with my recruiter. I was able to fully trust them, and even pass forward many of my own connections to work with MaxSys.

My experience was fantastic, the recruiter was very professional, never left any details hidden, and was always available for any questions or concerns. I would recommend any independent Consultant to work with MaxSys, and create a positive relationship like I did.
Pros
Great Management
Awesome Environment & Team!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2017
When I started my job at Maxsys this past summer as a receptionist there was A LOT to learn! This company is massive and deals with many different types of people, from high end consultants to construction workers. Being introduced to such a diverse environment you learn how to deal with any situation and create POSITIVE relationships with co-workers. You also get to meet or interact with almost everyone in the company since Ottawa is the head office. I have always had such great feedback from the staff and such a welcoming experience when dealing with any employee, making this work place for me, better than any job I’ve ever had!
Pros
Benefits & office outings!
Helpful Agency
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2017
I like to pick up work from time to time when my own business is not that busy. With that being said, I was able to go into Maxsys, the Westminster Office and pick up shifts that week, and for as long as i needed to afterwards. Maxsys staff is very fast at getting things done, and are always open to helping others in need of money.

Thank you!
Such a Helpful Team!
Office Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 September 2017
A friend of mine told me to go in and register with MaxSys, when I got laid off from work. Once I went in I was introduced to a great recruiter who understood my financial situation, and literally helped me get a job that day! In my wildest dreams I did not think that would ever happen, but it did and I am very thankful your staff!
Pros
Hard working people who really want to help your needs
Awesome people, really nice to work with, and very easy to get along with. Always have work ready to be done!
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
I went inside on the first day, filled out my application sitting on the desk, took my WHIMIS quiz, and just the next day I was already working in a Warehouse on Steeles. Very easy going staff, and the workplace is also very easy to adapt to.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Labour work is very challenging, but that it expected as it applies to everyone.
A good place for you to get you name out and to begin networking.
Temporary Worker/Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 September 2017
You will be expected to change job locations frequently, unless you secure a good position at one site. The management is of good quality and professionalism and keeps in close connection to it's workforce.
Pros
This company provides wide variety ofwork related experiences and the opportunity to network.
Cons
Frequent job site changes can be at times frustrating.
Great people, Great work place!
Class 3 Driver - Mississauga area (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 August 2017
I am a class 3 driver and have been working on and off with MaxSys for about 6 years now. Whenever I need some extra shifts or am looking for work, i can always count on MaxSys to set me up. I have had zero problems with the different recruiters i have dealt with over the years, and everyone in my area is extremely helpful and kind.
Pros
The staff is very great to work with and understanding
Cons
shift work
Enjoyable Agency to Work With
Government of Canada Employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 August 2017
Working with Maxsys was an all around GREAT experience. I work for the government of Canada and one can be a little skeptical of these agencies, however MaxSys explained how they work and how they want to help find you the best contract, before signing anything (no pressure). The honesty that the recruiter gives you builds a great foundation and relationship, so that you are OPEN to working with them, and OPEN to different opportunities. I believe registering with MaxSys is something any government employee should do, there is really nothing to lose, and only contracts to gain!
Pros
You can trust that your recruiter has your BEST interest
Cons
Different pay rates for different contracts can be surprising at times
Amazing Opportunity - Making a Difference
IT Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 August 2017
I was Hired as a GSI Recruiter in Toronto with MaxSys, and my experience was amazing. Not only was I able to help myself and grow with the team to become a better recruiter, I also was able to help others find jobs in the area, and create relationships with different types of people! If you are looking for a dynamic work place, that keeps you on your toes, and is super rewarding MaxSys is the place be !
happy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 July 2017
the recruiters are really nice people, great work, training is done very well, fun places to work. very happy i got the opportunity to work for this company.