MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews

Not fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2018
It was a ok place. Just not fun. To hard and long hours I would not go back to this ever. I was hard. Heavy. To much. Hard on the mind. To fare. Not a good place
Pros
Cons
Long
Manager Recruiter
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2018
Long hours of work with no incentive of any sort. Had to work round the clock on call. Very bad work atmosphere. The team I managed were in a tough spot so was I. The top management acts as though all is ok. Seen staff being ill-treated in a very sutle way by the Payroll at head office. Too many mistakes by the Payroll and there is no courtesy to admit or correct their mistakes. Very rude Payroll staff. The Top management knows but does not care about recruiting staff.
Cons
Please stay away from slavery. Poor pay
Admin
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2018
All round unprofessional and horrible place to work.

The place sucks the life out of employees.

I have learnt nothing. Slavery from upper management and owner

Extreme intolerance to people with color at this office.

Turnover is maximum in both recruiters and admin staff.

Its a toxic environment.

Join management cliques and get all bonus and awards and get the benefit of bullying co workers

Terrible HR.

Morale and motivation is an all time low.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional and Avoid unless you want to go insane, Underpaid Overworked
Wonderful work environment
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2018

I thoroughly enjoy my time working with such a wonderful company and great people
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
none !
Normally good work environment
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 September 2018
Enjoyable to work for them. The team is helpful and actual understanding. great for people who do well with random. some job site were not enjoyable at all to be at.
Pros
you did not have go through finding job, the company does it for you
Cons
No health benefits
What you see is what you get.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 September 2018
Max Sys is a typical temporary employment agency that provides comparable services to other temp agencies. I took on about 2 positions with them with the understanding it was temporary.
Pros
Great if you're in a pinch
Cons
No way to make a job permanent
IT Support
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2018
Get into work, take calls and leave for the day. Supported over 50 users across the nation who were professional. Pleasant place to work and would recommend it.
A day in the life with Maxsys
Stockroom Associate, Lawtons (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 June 2018
I dropped by Maxsys office a few months ago and have not been without work since.
Staff are some of the most professional and friendly I've ever seen.
Work hard and the work will come to you along with the diverse work environments you'll experience. Just don't be lazy and be on time.
Would strongly recommend for those coming back to the work force.
Pros
Awesome staff.
Cons
Low pay
Good in a pinch, not so much for long term
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2018
They find you work you are qualified to do, however stability is an issue and you will often find yourself without work for extended periods of time..
Pros
They find work for you.
Cons
Not a dependable source of steady income.
Fun workplace, and always great staff to work with.
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 April 2018
Great workplace, Getting to know new people in a different work zone, always occupied, people are there to answer your inquires. Basic and easy going job. Provide 100% dedication.
Horrible
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2018
Workers don't tell you all info about a job which means you don't know what you're doing, what you're making, and sometimes you barely even know where to go. They give you 3 jobs then leave you alone for weeks. They give you jobs that are very far away from you even when you request that they don't. When they mess up, you get contacted by a higher up trying to give you a lecture about how hard they work. VERY hard to get a hold of agents for ANYTHING be it job rescheduling, inqueries, or emergencies.
Pros
Flexible hours because you barely get any
Ignorant company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 February 2018
Dont fall for this company .they make it seem like they're trying to help and then they'll just throw you aside when you're not making them enough money.

I put my trust in them and they completely screwed me over at the worst timing possible.

Now I have two kids who've been suffering with nothing to eat for two months
Pros
Cons
They dont care
just horrible
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 February 2018
they just truly don't care for their employees. never try to help and definitely would never let you be bought out. temp agencies just use people to get a profit and it gets sad
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and fun
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, Ontario, Canada4 February 2018
Productive place connecting me with the proper jobs with clear cut times. Upfront and honest with the sharing of jobs. Overall a pleasant time and would definitely recommend
Overall good place to work
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Good company , work culture is good. Management is friendly and open.
Work timing are stringent and you need to work from 8.00am - 9.00pm everyday.

Overall good place to work
back-breaking work
Cleaner (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 January 2018
Causing picking cans from under thousands of seat was a back-breaking job, and that would cause difficulty in the next days of work. some cans left by the fans would have liquid in them and we had no way to dispose of the liquids so by putting them in the garbage bag and have to carry that around would cause even more mess in the workplace and make the place dangerous to work on
Productive and Full of Learning
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Great Management support and excellent guidance on the work front. No micromanagement with extremely lively work culture.
The managers guide you through the ways of productivity and great team bonding initiatives
Networking
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2017
While working with Maxsys I had a fabulous relationship with my recruiter. I was able to fully trust them, and even pass forward many of my own connections to work with MaxSys.

My experience was fantastic, the recruiter was very professional, never left any details hidden, and was always available for any questions or concerns. I would recommend any independent Consultant to work with MaxSys, and create a positive relationship like I did.
Pros
Great Management
Awesome Environment & Team!
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2017
When I started my job at Maxsys this past summer as a receptionist there was A LOT to learn! This company is massive and deals with many different types of people, from high end consultants to construction workers. Being introduced to such a diverse environment you learn how to deal with any situation and create POSITIVE relationships with co-workers. You also get to meet or interact with almost everyone in the company since Ottawa is the head office. I have always had such great feedback from the staff and such a welcoming experience when dealing with any employee, making this work place for me, better than any job I’ve ever had!
Pros
Benefits & office outings!
Helpful Agency
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2017
I like to pick up work from time to time when my own business is not that busy. With that being said, I was able to go into Maxsys, the Westminster Office and pick up shifts that week, and for as long as i needed to afterwards. Maxsys staff is very fast at getting things done, and are always open to helping others in need of money.

Thank you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaxSys Staffing & Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.