MaxSys Staffing & Consulting Employee Reviews

Encouraged and Respected
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2019
I have been with MaxSys for a few months now and I feel like there is the opportunity for a lengthy career here. I am encouraged to use my skill set to the best of my ability and that is a first. I am respected by my peers and upper management.

The office culture is generally positive and we are encouraged to participate in social activities that are put on by MaxSys. Overall, I would highly recommend MaxSys as a place of employment.
Pros
Excellent hours; great salary & benefits
Manager Recruiter
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 October 2018
Long hours of work with no incentive of any sort. Had to work round the clock on call. Very bad work atmosphere. The team I managed were in a tough spot so was I. The top management acts as though all is ok. Seen staff being ill-treated in a very sutle way by the Payroll at head office. Too many mistakes by the Payroll and there is no courtesy to admit or correct their mistakes. Very rude Payroll staff. The Top management knows but does not care about recruiting staff.
Cons
Please stay away from slavery. Poor pay
Great company to work for!
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 October 2018
MaxSys is one of the best staffing agencies in Canada! They have the resources of a large company and the customer service of a small company! Happy to be apart of this team.
Pros
Upper management heavily involved in day-to-day activities, well paying salary, opportunities for growth
Cons
N/a
Great Company!!
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
I was a government recruiter at MaxSys for just shy of a year. The training that was provided gave me the opportunity to learn and grow as a recruiter. The management was very understanding when it came to issues or time-off requests. It was very difficult to find suitable candidates at times for specific positions, however everyone worked together as a team to complete difficult tasks. Overall I really enjoyed my time as MaxSys and would recommend it to others.
Pros
great coworkers
Admin
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2018
All round unprofessional and horrible place to work.

The place sucks the life out of employees.

I have learnt nothing. Slavery from upper management and owner

Extreme intolerance to people with color at this office.

Turnover is maximum in both recruiters and admin staff.

Its a toxic environment.

Join management cliques and get all bonus and awards and get the benefit of bullying co workers

Terrible HR.

Morale and motivation is an all time low.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional and Avoid unless you want to go insane, Underpaid Overworked
The Worst
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 December 2018
I was hired as a recruiter. This company is poorly run all over and uses technology to operate I t from 1997, I kid you not. Some staff are super negative and should be fired. Don’t expect any days off either.
Pros
Nil
Unhealthy Work Enviroment
Private Sector Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 December 2018
The CEO is rude, and be littles his employees. IF you call in sick they guilt you to come in, even though you are entitled to sick days. Some of the staff made it bearable, but the managers were horrible and not team leaders.
Normally good work environment
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS14 September 2018
Enjoyable to work for them. The team is helpful and actual understanding. great for people who do well with random. some job site were not enjoyable at all to be at.
Pros
you did not have go through finding job, the company does it for you
Cons
No health benefits
Not fun
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 October 2018
It was a ok place. Just not fun. To hard and long hours I would not go back to this ever. I was hard. Heavy. To much. Hard on the mind. To fare. Not a good place
Pros
Cons
Long
Great start
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 January 2019
Maxsys is a great first job if you like moving around and gaining experience in multiple fields of work. All jobs are temp basis but could possibly become full time
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Job stability
A day in the life with Maxsys
Stockroom Associate, Lawtons (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 June 2018
I dropped by Maxsys office a few months ago and have not been without work since.
Staff are some of the most professional and friendly I've ever seen.
Work hard and the work will come to you along with the diverse work environments you'll experience. Just don't be lazy and be on time.
Would strongly recommend for those coming back to the work force.
Pros
Awesome staff.
Cons
Low pay
Wonderful work environment
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 September 2018
This company is massive and deals with many different types of people, from high end consultants to construction workers. Being introduced to such a diverse environment you learn how to deal with any situation and create POSITIVE relationships with co-workers.

I thoroughly enjoy my time working with such a wonderful company and great people
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
none !
What you see is what you get.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 September 2018
Max Sys is a typical temporary employment agency that provides comparable services to other temp agencies. I took on about 2 positions with them with the understanding it was temporary.
Pros
Great if you're in a pinch
Cons
No way to make a job permanent
Productive and Full of Learning
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
Great Management support and excellent guidance on the work front. No micromanagement with extremely lively work culture.
The managers guide you through the ways of productivity and great team bonding initiatives
Impréssion
Cariste chargenment et dechargement des camions (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 October 2018
Un très bonne environnement et aussi agréable.Les journée commence a 8 heure de matin.
Pros
Les pause
Cons
manque de travail parfois
Best place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 October 2015
MaxSys is best place to work and grow your career. Amazing management and best Job culture. Management believes in promoting within, sky is the limit for recruiting professionals working at MaxSys.
MaxSys offers competitive base compensation with outstanding commission structure.
MaxSys sponsors lots of fun activities for employees- Gala, Christmas dinner, adventure club, Jeans day are few to mention.
MaxSys provides best training in market to employees for advancement and best recruitment practices.
MaxSys is the best employer in Canada.
Overall good place to work
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2018
Good company , work culture is good. Management is friendly and open.
Work timing are stringent and you need to work from 8.00am - 9.00pm everyday.

Overall good place to work
Always an adventure!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB8 November 2016
I have been with Maxsys for roughly five months and what an adventure it has been! The hardest part of the job is the time management learning curve but once you get into the "groove" of things, it becomes much easier. My co-workers are like a small family, we talk both in and out of work constantly and without them and their continuous support, this would be only a job, not a rewarding career that I plan on spending many years with. Maxsys also offers fun events and galas to meet the rest of our co-workers throughout the year.
Pros
Events
Cons
occasional long hours
Horrible
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2018
Workers don't tell you all info about a job which means you don't know what you're doing, what you're making, and sometimes you barely even know where to go. They give you 3 jobs then leave you alone for weeks. They give you jobs that are very far away from you even when you request that they don't. When they mess up, you get contacted by a higher up trying to give you a lecture about how hard they work. VERY hard to get a hold of agents for ANYTHING be it job rescheduling, inqueries, or emergencies.
Pros
Flexible hours because you barely get any
Great Staff, Professional Service
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto14 October 2015
MaxSys GSI has helped me get my foot in through the door to my career as a recent post-graduate. Their staff is friendly and flexible, and this can be noticed the moment you walk through the front doors of the company. They are a highly active equal opportunity firm, constantly helping job-seekers, who would otherwise be at a disadvantage, to find suitable positions. Particularly notable is their impact on helping newcomers (with no North American experience) to secure positions with reputable clients.
Furthermore, the company is ISO Certified, demonstrating their reputation for excellence in quality management and CRM. Who wouldn't want MaxSys to help them in their career path?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MaxSys Staffing & Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.