Maxim Truck and Trailer
Maxim Truck and Trailer Employee Review

Be Careful

26 June 2020
Be careful about Edmonton location Parts dept. It is very disorganized and they do not prioritize their customers. I was embarrassed on several occasions trying to assist customers. Inventory is never correct and quotes take forever. There is infighting and power trips with the managers and it be extremely frustrating. There is a lack of professionalism with how they handle their employees and customers. Quite schocking. The Service dept, however, is very well run by the manager. The only issue is when they have to wait on parts to get customers jobs done.
Beware!
Pros
Service Dept. Very well run. Excellent service writers and a diligent Service Manager
Cons
Parts Dept. Lack of professionalism.
8 July 2019
Same location
Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice (Current Employee) - Edmonton, AB
I have worked at Maxim for a few years now and I can honestly say that I love it there. All of my managers actually care and take the time for you. They care about the people that work for them and want them to succeed. I am not going to say that they are perfect because all companies have their weaknesses and strengths. But I can honestly say that if you are someone that wants to do your job the best you can and take responsibility for what you do. Maxim Truck and Tailer will take care of you.
Pros
Great interest in keeping people.
Cons
Some areas need some tweaking.
2 July 2019
Same location
1st Year Apprentice (Former Employee) - Edmonton, AB
Working here you will have fun, get paid great. Lacking mentorship and training. A lot of family members work in this shop for it being a small environment. Leadhand has been in/out of this shop 4 times. I got let go from here as a first year apprentice very shortly after one of welders sons started here. Just seems fishy to me.
Pros
Great pay, awesome benefits, overall fun
Cons
Family oriented, Lacking training
9 June 2020
Lease Account Manager (Former Employee) - Canada
Corporate structure from head office is horrible. Management not easy to work for. Never give the same answers. Change their minds and can not be consistent.
Pros
Cons
Upper management is childish!