Maxim Truck and Trailer

Maxim Truck and Trailer Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Decent Company to work for
You get exactly what you are expecting. I only left this company for a better opportunity for me. I would probably still be there otherwise. I still use them as a reference.
Great Organization
Great Place to work, I would recommend employment! Great co-workers. Lots of great activities and charity functions to support the community and Cancer Care.
Management suck
Very poor leader ship They buying cheap tools for shop to save money
They hire incompant Technicians Because shop foreman refuses to hire anyone smarter than him.
Inexperienced Parts Manager
Parts Manager understands the parts and sales well but is a poor manager of his own time and of people. Department needs an outside sales person so the Manager can focus on his job instead of running about the country acting as a salesman. Does not back up his staff.
Worked at Calgary branch from 2006-2011
Worked for maxim from 2006-2011, I remember starting not long after my 20th birthday as a first year apprentice. The foreman at the time was great and the morale was high, the amount of talent was pretty high as well. When the recession hit in 2007-08 work got slow but maxim didn’t lay anybody off. Looking back I give that company a lot of respect. The mechanical experience was great too. Haven’t been given the opportunity to rebuild engines since I’ve been at maxim
Growing rental and leasing company
Management is new and the location is heading in the right direction. A large portion of the job is catering to customer needs. Valuable experience to be gained at Maxim.
Great company to work for and one that cares.
I have worked at Maxim for a few years now and I can honestly say that I love it there. All of my managers actually care and take the time for you. They care about the people that work for them and want them to succeed. I am not going to say that they are perfect because all companies have their weaknesses and strengths. But I can honestly say that if you are someone that wants to do your job the best you can and take responsibility for what you do. Maxim Truck and Tailer will take care of you.
Pros
Great interest in keeping people.
Cons
Some areas need some tweaking.
Great place to work, but lacking mentorship for apprentices
Working here you will have fun, get paid great. Lacking mentorship and training. A lot of family members work in this shop for it being a small environment. Leadhand has been in/out of this shop 4 times. I got let go from here as a first year apprentice very shortly after one of welders sons started here. Just seems fishy to me.
Pros
Great pay, awesome benefits, overall fun
Cons
Family oriented, Lacking training
fun workplace to work
I love working at Maxim trucks and trailers. I worked there for more than 2 years. But there is no potential for improvement. coworkers are very nice. Excellent work-life balance.
Calgary Branch Only
The branch manager rules by bulling and intimidation. I personally reported him to HR on three different occasions due to his actions towards misconduct towards other team members. To my knowledge nothing was done.
Cons
Very negative environment, very high turnover rate
Run as long as you can!
There is not enough work to put in 40hrs a week, managers are incompetent, can’t focus on business, pay is short they nickel and dime you.
They parking lot is like a sand desert, they don’t even give out free car washes.

Do yourself a favor and find a real company to work for.
Pros
You can take time off cuz there is no work
Cons
They even make you pay for coffee you can’t drink
easy going, no pressure
good crew
good management

very slow with not much to do

keep busy is sometimes a problem

friendly staff

good benefits

supply boots

good tool allowance
Was a good place to work
Great hard working staff. Ladies are a great group and a definite asset & support to the upper Male management. Company that gives back to the community and supports may worthwhile charities.
On-road equipment good place to work
very good place to work, but there isn't enough work.
lots of techs and no work.

good management,

good crew

flexible hrs

on road equipment, trucks and trailers.
Very fast paced enviroment
Working at Maxim Trucks and Trailers Auto Body Shop was a good experience for me, I learned the trade and I really enjoyed the challenge of the day to day work I had to complete.
Pros
good pay and experience
na
high level of changes and product , challenging work with talented people
The place to learn the trucking industry
I enjoyed many years at Maxim. I learned everything you need to know about the trucking industry. When I started I was doing one job and by the time I left it was close to six jobs. I would still be there if it wasn't for the fact I never got a raise except for very very small cost of living increase that just put me into the other tax bracket. The last service manager I had didn't know what he was doing and I finally had to leave. Almost all the staff was great with one that caused nothing but trouble to everyone but you will get that anywhere. If the situation was right I'd go back in a heart beat. I enjoyed many nice conversations with the President and Vice President.
Pros
Great charity functions and BBQ's during the year.
Cons
Wages and not feeling appreciated
Bon environnement de travail
Il y a beaucoup d"ouvetrure et bonne ambiance de travail.
J'ai appris quelque chose de plus dans cette entreprise suite a sa politique au niveau organisationel dans le garage(atelier)
Pros
Apprentissage dans un bon climat
Cons
Je n'ai pas eu le temps d'experimenter les points negatifs
lots of great challenges.
Got all my knowledge about trucking. performed retail billing and was constantly given more work to do. The staff stuck together during the hard times. Many wonderful Christmas pot lucks and lasting friendships. It was difficult to not be respected and not get any raises for over five yrs.
Pros
great fellow employees
Cons
no raises