Max Advanced Brakes

Max Advanced Brakes Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

everything is pretty ok

- Lots to learn - great teamwork - good work environment - good office location - trendy work space with basketball court - regular team bonding events like counter strike tournament This is an overall great work experience for me. Had to leave the company cause I'm going back to school but max for sure provided the experience I needed.

Pros

awesome team

Cons

not much really

Worst Place to work

I don't know where to start, but this company gives me the worst job experience ever. It seems they are running a jail and the employees are prisoners. They pay you the least they can but expect way too much than normal. This type of company should not exist in first world countries. There is no diversity in the office and if you are not from these specific origin you will not survive long. The communication between employees not clear and so unfriendly. Finally, if you dying for a job then join other than that don’t go for this.

Good learning experience

I can honestly say that I learned a lot about automobiles that I didn’t know before but I really don’t miss this job. I didnt work here for very long for a few reasons: 1. No diversity at all. At. All. 2. Rude and unprofessional management (this one girl would make me feel so stupid for asking a question, even if it was about something that nobody taught me yet...how am I supposed to know how to do it if nobody taught me?) 3. Big workload with bad pay 4. Not paid what I was promised (indeed.ca job posting said a certain amount but I wasn’t actually paid that amount) The things that were good about the job was: 1. Got to bring my dog to work sometimes 2. Long lunches (huge lunch room w/ ping pong tables) 3. Company sometimes provided free breakfast snacks 4. Chairs/couches etc to relax on 5. Indoor basketball court Overall I would say this was an OK place to work but unless you Have a passion for cars then maybe this isn’t the workplace for you.

Pros

Nice co workers, free bubble tea, breakfast snacks, lounge area, big lunch room

Cons

Unprofessional and Rude management, not enough pay for the work you are doing.

super energetic place

fast paced working environment with constant challenges. if you ever want to learn more about ecommerce and online business, this is a great place to be. like the previous reviews, I'm extremely happy with the people I work with.

Pros

great environment

Cons

No coffee machine

great work environment

in general everyone is very friendly in the office. Most people are very helpful and are willing to help you out. I have not joined the company for long but so far everything seems good, learning a lot of about the auto industry and lots of soft skills that is very useful for me.

Pros

friendly coworkers

Cons

long training process

Great experience all around!

Joined as a customer service rep (started from the bottom), it didn't take long for the management to notice my performance. And after half a year of working here I was promoted to supervisor with a raise. There have been challenges plus workload isn't the lightest but it's all been pretty rewarding so far. Another great thing about this company is its work culture, it's full of energy and ideas and at the same time money is not the only thing that matters but value is. This is definitely a great place to start off as the company is still growing with a healthy paste.

Pros

Great team, lots of opportunities

Cons

The auto industry is not the easiest to learn

Pleasent work place with reward

Worked for Max for around 2 years. Was overwhelming at first but was very rewarding at the end. They underwent a massive expansion early 2017 and everything started to go uphill from there. I have learned from various departments and the majority of the co-workers and some managers are very supportive. There was a lack of diversity at the beginning but that also changed after the expansion. The work culture is probably one of the best things here. Working here wasn't that stressful for me and the compensation is fair in my opinion. Good place to start.

Pros

Great facilities, supportive coworkers

Cons

Longer work hours since lunch is an hour

A company that is undergoing immense growth

Great work environment and dynamic that also offers chanllenges and learning experiences. Since this company is growing in a rapid paste, the company is also adapting and learning in the same time. Which gave me a lot of first hand expereinces that are extremely valuable. For people who value self-growth and learning, Max is a pretty good place to start. If you can excel with the right work attitude you could move up the ladder in a short amount of time. Personally I joined as a CSR and I moved up to the supervisor position within a year because I push constantly. It was an overall good working experience for me.

Pros

Dynamic work culture and lots of learning opportunities

Cons

Challenging tasks and responsbilities

Worse company

low salary poor job training, such a joke. high workload co-workers are not friendly, poor management team worst company ever, worst company ever...

Pros

Cons

long hour, high pressure, unreasonable salary deduction

No advancement

The work pressure is too high and consistence heavy loading all the time. Job nature classification is too ambiguous. Working hours is not rigid and usually work overtime.

Disorganized and high stress environment with low pay

A typical day: - check and reply to customer's emails - answer phone to place orders, answer technical questions about products, resolve issues regarding shipping or product defects - organize and input invoices and paperwork What I learned: - operations of a small business - valuable experience dealing with a variety of international and local customers - valuable office administrative experience - technical aspect of braking system in a vehicle Management: - unprofessional, too much gossiping, disorganized - unclear of my responsibilities and daily tasks - excessive work load - does not properly compensate employees for overtime or holiday pay - improper or non-existent training for new employees Co-workers: - some are friendly - high turnover rate Hardest part of the job: - excessive work load and unclear daily responsibilities creates a disorganized work team which can lead to high levels of stress - about half of minimum wage was paid during an extended training period - false advertising of job title Most enjoyable part of the job: - they might buy you a cake for your birthday - learning about vehicles and the complexities of the braking system - improving my interpersonal and communication skills

Pros

Occasional free lunches or bubble tea

Cons

Salary deductions for time missed but nothing added for staying overtime, disorganized and unprofessional, unfulfilled promises of bonuses and wage increase, excessive office gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Max Advanced Brakes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9