MAUSER Employee Reviews

No advancement, only annual raises
Operator (Former Employee) –  Geismar, La15 April 2019
Very Strict Point System. Bad benefits. Work different jobs and don't get paid for it. 8hr days a week, 12hrs on Sat. If you have to work on Saturday they send you home early on friday. Don't care about works. The company is ran backwards in the way that they pay for different positions and how they make decisions.
Pros
Bad benefits
Cons
No advancement
assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, IN20 March 2019
This job is really hard on your hands It's not worth having problems in the future. . You will develop carpel tunnel and possible arthritis in your future.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
The pain in your hands.
Do mot have much to say
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  E Brunswick, NJ21 January 2019
Do not have much to say about mauser. If the management was better. The environment was better. There would be no reason to leave. After spending sometime at their facility it is extremely clear that things will never improve.
Mauser was a difficult place to work at first.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC17 December 2018
After starting at Mauser I began helping solve old issues. HVAC, PM and routine maintenance, improvements, and new equipment installations.
We reduced the ambient temperature in the facility by repairing the roof fans.
Pros
Great people to work with. Management and coworkers
Cons
Dirty at first, Hot at first, Repaired ventelation
it used to be ok
Any position (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OH25 October 2018
i worked there a few years. it used to be better than it is now. i liked working there when everybody was equal. the new management team is a mix of some who do nothing at all besides walk around with a fancy title and others who police everything and single out whoever they want. if you want to make it at mauser don't have an opinion of your own.
Pros
some of the people are cool.
Cons
everything else.
hate it
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LA22 October 2018
I wouldn't recommend working there. poor management and supervision. Not a job career move job. Some ppl have quit within one week. Managers is only worried about his bonus.
Its ok
Machine Operator/Production (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, NC28 August 2018
Just wasn't what i was told. Thought i was going to advance and was a good opportunity. I felt like i was mislead because i waa such a good worker and had no intentions on stay anyway because of the pay.
The Worst job I’ve ever had
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Addison27 August 2018
Horrible work culture. Start without filling out any paperwork. Management is the worst. I’ve never work or head of starting without fill out paperwork. So that meant when it comes time to get paid no check took three pay periods to get paid. That mean it took 6 weeks to get first check. Then they shorted me. Still waiting for that. I strongly recommend stay away. HR is a joke. This company will not make Life better as job should.
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything about the place. Worst job ever
werkvloer
Operator, heftruckchauffeur (Former Employee) –  oosterhout noord brabant13 August 2018
er word goed gecommuniceerd met allen medewerkers.
Pros
communicatie
Cons
sfeer.
Terrible place to work
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL10 August 2018
Worked a rotating shift, 7am-7pm you work 5 days in a week and they give you mandatory overtime on your 2 days off. Then only work 2 days the other week and they’d give you 3 days of OT. You can’t have a life. Not to mention it’s over 100 degrees in the building and when you get to your station it’s more like 115-120. They never shut machines down so even if bad material is coming you still have to work and throw them out. By far the worse job I’ve ever had
Pros
Cons
Hot bad hours and don’t care about employees
fun workday
Process operator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX8 August 2018
.very hands on
.learned how to move faster and learning how to operate machines
.communication with co workers was great
.the hardest part of the jobs was making pallets
.i really enjoyed running the cage line and the long hours
Plant manager is worst part of job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC13 July 2018
If you like Working with a plant manager that tries to micromanage everything, this is the job for you. He would also lie to his grandmother. Plant is very hot in the summer. Pay is ok for area.
Pros
Are you kidding?
Cons
Plant manager is a piece of work. Take KY lube, you will need it.
Good job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJ7 May 2018
I feel like it was a great job people where nice and everyone got along the thing was that i was forced to take the grave yard shift.its not my type of shift i see why they gave it that nickname but other than that and the heat it was a good paying job and good environment
Pros
Time went by fast
Cons
Its a fast pace job
Productive, fast paced, great management
Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJ12 March 2018
Come in and talk to your supervisor about the days breakdowns, get your work orders for the day and help coworkers to complete work orders. You get plenty of experience in mechanical and electrical equipment
Pros
experience
Cons
no continuing education benefits
Lack of leadership skills and do not believe anything a manager tells you
Blow Mold Operator (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LA6 March 2018
Long hours, they expect you to put the company first over your family, lack of communication from upper management, cut throat, wants you to be flexible but don't want to flex with your or your schedule.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, long hours, no communication, expect you to do/learn jobs but don't want to compensate you.
good place to work
Leadman/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX26 January 2018
good place to work with a lot of benefits for employee and family fast paced makes the day go by so fast to me I loved it but you may want to bring lunch
It was good.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH21 January 2018
I liked working there as long as I did. It was not long but I do enjoy they work style and I loved it was so close to home, but in all honesty it was a good job would not mind about her like it.
Pros
Good works/friends
Cons
Short breaks
A Company in the middle of M&A
NA Head of Procurement / Procurement Director, NA (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJ14 January 2018
Mauser is a company runs under German influence, but recently changing to American culture and management style. A lot of confusion and power struggle when shifting from German to American culture and M&A activities
Pros
Relaxed working environment. No need to work overtime or weekends.
Cons
Old ERP. Business does not collaborate with functions (fear of delegate)
Good company
Shipping/receiving lead (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TX9 January 2018
Mauser was a very stable company to work for. The hours were consistent. The pay was okay. Most of the time a very fast paced working environment. Overall a pretty good company.
Productive place to work
3rd Shift Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC7 January 2018
Team oriented environment, fast pace. Management was supportive and easy to work for. One thing I trusted the people I worked for. The employees take pride in what they did and we enjoyed working with co-workers. The management team would listen to the team-leads.
Pros
Work with all types of people
Cons
Cold at night