Mattress Mattress

Mattress Mattress Employee Reviews

Good sales job, tons of downtime, management is flaky

Good sales job, if you don't mind the super controlling, negative reinforcement, microscopic management style. The best thing about working there is the same as any sales job, it's the rush and excitement that comes with closing a huge deal with all the accessories added on, and knowing your sales training has paid off. If you're a commissioned salesperson, you know exactly what I'm talking about. They have an excellent business plan that could put other mattress companies out of business, but lacks in execution. There is way too much emphasis on the importance of the "beducation". There's even an ad that makes me cringe every time I hear it, that invites customers in for nothing but a "beducation, even if you don't buy from us". The company will actually fire you if you get shopped and are caught not giving a proper beducation, even if your sales are excellent. Fortunately for them, they don't have a hard time finding other work, because of their otherwise stellar track record. The mission statement is meaningless, there's no way an employee could ask themselves if they are living up to the mission statement at any given time and have a definitive answer. The Vice President is also essentially the regional manager, who got the job because she is the CEO's sister. So, no room for advancement (beyond store manager) unless you want to buy a store or are family.

Pros

1 Hour a day free computer time

Cons

CEO is awesome, otherwise upper management is abysmal at every level.

Good and bad you can do better

Good and bad as in any job. Some mangers and management can be very petty. Claim of a culture and execution of a culture are two very different things.

Pros

Sort of decent pay

Cons

Small minded management

Probably one of the best places I've ever worked.

It's a challenging & rewarding career for passionate minded people. I would recommend Mattress Mattress to anyone who is serious about growing as a person.

Carreer Oriented and fun

Your typical day at work is a fast paced day with a lot going on. There is always something to do or learn between taking customers. Earning potential is high, but does take time become fluent in selling mattresses. A great career oriented company with room for advancement. Some of things I enjoy are the travel rewards they offer as well as the staff golf tournament.

Promised too much

Salary not close to declaration. Watch you boss as they have rules that don’t apply to them and will cost you money. Nice people personality wise. Decent hours where I was. Some benefits which is nice. Biggest problem was an unbalanced manager as far as pitching in and being honest. This is why turnover is very high unless you are related someone. Other locations may have better managers but culture would likely be the same.

Pros

Early evening, accounting dept is good, can get good personal discount

Cons

Unethical manager, slow business so low income

Great place

This really is a great place to work. Management listens to suggestions and most people genuinely work as a team. The pay is also well above comparable jobs. The only downside is that you will work every weekend and no vacations in the summer.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

No summer vacations

Fun and professional work place

It was a great experience to learn sales techniques. Co- workers were always good and a typical day at work for the most part was stress free as long as deadlines were met.

Pros

Not as hard on your body, work indoors

Cons

long hours, black periods in summer, slower in winter

Great salary & training provided - follow the plan & you will succeed!

Career Opportunities at Mattress Mattress® Beducators Wanted! Do you have a personality that ROCKS? Are you energetic, enthusiastic, fit, friendly, fun, inspiring, passionate, and sociable? Do you believe in the value of a great night’s sleep? Do you enjoy helping people? If you answered YES to ALL of the above … then WE WANT YOU! No sales experience necessary! We train! $15 an hour training pay (80 hours)! Honoraria bonus! Highest industry base commission rate! For those concerned about a commission based career, we offer an optional wage and modified commission package! Exceptional incentive program! Performance bonus program! Annual travel bonus program! Annual loyalty bonus! Management bonus program (for those in our management program)! Company paid social functions! Idea bonus! New associate referral bonus! Annual personal use purchase at cost! Family discount! Company shared Group Benefit Program (Dental, Drugs, Life Insurance, Travel Insurance, Long and Short Term Disability)! ...and more! We currently have openings in: Calgary Edmonton Medicine Hat Sherwood Park We pride ourselves on changing people’s lives one night at a time, by helping them find a better night’s sleep. We know mattresses and you will too!

Pros

Company training

Cons

retail hours open 363 days a year - off & up loading mattressess

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattress Mattress. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement