Mattress Mart

Mattress Mart Employee Reviews

Hard and potentially dangerous work.

As Warehouse manager a typical day at Mattress Mart would consist of loading the delivery truck for the daily deliveries, cleaning the warehouse and store and providing customer service. When necessary I would substitute for a delivery crew member. on many occasions delivery days could last upwards of 12 hours. I pulled many muscles working this job and even dislocated my thumb on one occasion.

Pros

During summer and fall months demand was high and work was close

Cons

Work days could last up to 14 hours

Best job for College/Uni students!

Truly the most accommodating job I have come across. Very student life friendly and caters to your schedule. Great admin experience, great atmosphere!

Pros

School schedule friendly

Cons

Inconsistency in hours

Owners and management are very accommodating. Great hours and pay.It seems like they care if an employee is happy to work there.I’ve seen a few people leave and come back when they realize this is a great job.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Have to work some weekends

Delivery

good group to work with everyone seems to get a long for the most part.get to work at your own pace.

Mamagement is garbage

These people will hire anyone you can basically talk your way through the interview. They say its one pay rate plus daily bonuses but your hourly rate includes possible bonuses. Employees are unprofessional even high at most the time, there is little to no training they jist expect you to know what you are doing and know the merchandise. Management can't get their act together you have an owner say one thing and then the operation manager do the opposite. I witnessed the operation manager body check employees into mattresses for fun. Their trucks are not maintained and smoked in so be prepared to smell like an ashtray or be sick from second hand smoke.

Pros

You get a paycheck

Cons

Everything this employer doesnt care about employees

Poor managment

Most managers are all part of the same family, and if you are from the outside, they treat you poorly, they sent me a petty email after I quit that was truly unprofessional.

Pros

free lunch if you work at the main location

Cons

Boring, poor management

Extremely poor management

Owners are great! BUT Extremely poor management, that’s if! They even show up. Lots of physical and mental abuse (daily)(management). Very unorganized(management), poor communication (management) unless you are favoured you get treated very poorly, they will convince you about great pay etc but they will very quickly take it away any chance they get, expect to do yard work and maintenance for the owner (owner)

Pros

Great co-workers, awesome owners

Cons

Management!!!

Travail facile

Ce travail est facile si vous êtes quelqu’un qui apprends rapidement des informations.J’ai aimer l’expérience mais je n’ai pas aimer certains employés. Parlent beaucoup contre les autres employés et ne sont pas toujours honnêtes envers ceux-ci. Mais concernant les clients ils vous conseilles adéquatement pour faire le meilleur achat selon leurs besoins.

Decent job, horrible management

What can I say... you have management hitting employees, benefits that you may or may not get. They don’t care about seniority. Expect your route to be from one end of the city to the others, forced to do it the way they place it

Pros

Tips

Cons

Local Business, Management treats you like family.

Great place to work. It is a local business where management treats you like family. A typical work week for office staff was Monday to Friday 9 to 5; however, sales staff work evening and weekends.

Jobs at Mattress Mart

See more jobs

fun productive work environment

fun and productive local business that strives to offer competitive income as well as retail pricing. One of few local businesses still thriving in an increasingly overrun box store society.

Pros

free lunches, understanding and caring employers

Fun place to work

The staff is very nice and accommodating and I had no problems working here. A typical day would include helping customers out with what mattress they want, and loading them onto their cars/trailers. Some days I would run the delivery truck, where we deliver our product and set it up for customers.

Best job I’ve had

Management is amazing. The guys in Kingston will make sure that you are taken care of. Working Hours are great. Some days are long, but it’s not too bad. Pay is good. Benefits after probationary period.

Pros

Tips, weekly bonus, great team to work with

Cons

Lots of driving

Fun, enjoyable place to work if you like to lift things.

I loved my time at Mattress Mart, it was filled with good laughs, an incredible group of guys I worked with, and an amazing management team that always lets you feel appreciated. There where some long days and it being a smaller company leaves little advancement within the company. But i loved it nevertheless and would never have anything negative to say about the way Mattress Mart conducts their business and the people that work there.

Pros

Working outdoors, laid back environment

Cons

Taking old mattresses away

great place to work felt like family enviroment

fun meeting customers, learned a great deal about mattresses, how they are made etc..., the management was very helpful and easy to talk to, the co-workers were amazing everyone got along very well, the best part of the job was actually getting to know what the customers wanted and fulfilling their needs, and the best part was receiving a phone call from the customers to thank you for a great job well done.

Pros

company golf tournament, free lunches, great times

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattress Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement
  • Mattress Mart
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?