Mattamy Homes

Mattamy Homes Employee Reviews

Canada89 reviews
I enjoyed working at Mattamy homes. The benefit package was fair and supervisors were supportive and easy to get along with
Great place to work. Management treated staff very well. Showed much appreciation to staff at all levels. Very flexible and understanding of family needs.
Productive and efficient workplace with Mattamy Homes
My experience working with Mattamy Homes was excellent. I was heavily worked without feeling that I was being forced, the pay was very generous and well earned, and management was always helpful and supportive.
Everyone is replaceable
Great work values and culture written every where BUT not followed, budgets are all that matter, all staff from field to management are replaceable. Corporate management and HR team have no heart beat or pulse,
They pick thier favourites
Great place to work if you're in the management good list. lots of two face employees and managements allows. Other than that there might be a few really down to earth managers which I'm sure didn't last long.
Management and job security
Benefits and pay are good, co-workers are great. Problem is they are non-union, and are quick to fire scape-goats.
Stay away from female Managers trying to make a name for themselves as they have selfish motivations and can be deceiving!

If your not from their circle of family or friends, you'll be the first to get let go no matter your skill set.
Do Not Come Here
There is absolutely zero job security. Beware before joining!!! People leave previous full time jobs where they performed very well to come here. They should assess fit and clarify roles before they hire someone. Lack of communication and strategy across all levels.

Cannot believe it is named Top Employers List. It varies greatly by department. The Toronto Office also has terrible reviews and bad culture. I am not surprised. Like others have said, don't mess with people's lives!
Doing something wrong
Hires 60 labourers last year and had four stay. Benefits are good, everything else is horrible. Management never takes responsibility for the stupidity of their actions and take it out in their labourers. Most dysfunctional, backwards, do it five times not once kind of company.
Solid employer to work for with good office culture.
I had a good experience working for them. Although the manager that took over for a Mat leave was not the greatest. For the level I worked at I was able to work quite autonomously and was treated fairly.
Warning for corporate office
Corporate culture is non existent at head office. Bullish employees are kept employed even with multiple complaints. Lots of attrition over the past couple of years both voluntary and involuntary with full teams completely leaving in mass. Sure, office looks great but is rotting from within (poisonous apple). Employees do not look happy. I'm stuck and can't wait to get out.
Mattamy Homes
Mattamy Homes is a great place to get creative with decor. The decor center is filled with many samples to get a homeowner to know what can be applied to their home. The team for Open house is great, but it often changes quickly due to its high turnover.
Terrible Customer Care Manager
Insecure Customer Care manager. She gives hardworkers a hard time. She is worried for her job so she fires anyone who shows growth. Very abusive to work under and she belittles you in front of your colleagues. Upper management lets her to continue this behaviour without investigation.
Awesome
This place is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and you dont feel like you're below or above everyone else. You feel like a family. The office is clean and very proffessional looking. They are very organized and have meetings regularly. The coop students are welcomed in the meetings and are encouraged to participate if it is appropriate. This place should be the standard for the workplace. Everyone treats you with respect and answers your questions.
Stressful residential home builder environment
Setting up systems and reconciling QuickBooks. Event planning for work/vendor functions. Handled customers effectively by identifying needs, quickly gaining trust, approaching complex situations and resolving problems to maximize efficiency.
Corporate Environment
Many layers of rules - many of which are never really specified. It 'can' be a great place to work - it depends upon the department you are in, however.
Always has work
Fast paced,challenging,lots of room for advancement for motivated people.Top 100 companies in Canada to work for,Christmas party is unparalled with any other company,they go all out.No complaints.
Bunch of snakes in the office. Nothing but politics
It's not a place to b if u wanna grow. Management lies. Broken promises for promotions. No one takes pride in their work. Houses comes out looking so bad. But they don't care cause it's not their face the homeowners see.
New Home service Tecnician
I worked For Mattamy Homes for about 3 yrs great company to work for unfortunately I had to take a leave of abscence and move back to my home town. Due to family Illness unfortunately if Mattamy was in my area I would be working
Independent work environment with minimal supervision
Working for Mattamy is a great experience if you've never worked in construction before. I learned a lot on how homes are built and which contractors had to be hired. It's physically demanding at times and the winter days were cold. The salary is good, but I worked through another agency and earned minimum wage. We watched safety videos often and shared conversations with the working staff every morning and lunch times. I recommend this line of work for anyone interested in construction experience. You can work your way up in this company.
Pros
Independent freedom with minimal supervision
Cons
Long hours and cold winters.
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians
This company is great for people who work in management. Management are lacking people skills, make false promises and push extremely poor work ethic. For labourers and handymen, this company treats you as the lowest of the low. They promise you advancement but hire from outside or push the wrong people up with fear of losing good staff to other positions. They rarely leave the office, rarely give you guidance and have been caught watching tv for hours at a time.
un-orginized, poor management
company works backward
too many bosses and not enough workers

unnessasary added stress

the get the cheapes material and trads people

rush the houses just to close them even if they are not finished
Terrible workplace
Worked 9.5hr days with little guidance from management. I would finished my list and after asking for more work management couldn’t give me any and the gave me a hard time when I sat in my truck waiting. After I quit they attempted to say I didn’t work for 3 days and I took a half day, this was completely false and continue to ignore my calls and text. The ministry of labour had to be brought in.
Pros
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mattamy Homes. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7