Matrix Solutions Inc.

Matrix Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Free food, beer and cake on the last day of work
While I had decent team members. The overall company is very behind with technology and innovation comparing to its competitors and industry standard from the rest of the world. Your mental health will be better if you have a mentor that will help you and guide you, otherwise, you will be lost just like the company culture has.
Good to get your foot in the door nothing more
If I could rate management lower I would

Very old boys club

They don’t listen to employees

They are about burying people when mistakes happen even if directed to do certain activities
Productive and fun place to work.
Productive and fun place to work. Flexible hours with work/life balance. Planned activities for staff and safe place to work. Provision of materials needed for work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Lack of privacy
Good work environment.
Cons:
Dilapidated office at my particular branch.

Low salary and compensation

Pros:

Great co workers

Collaborative work environment

Lots of knowledgeable senior staff company wide
a great culture like nothing you have never experienced
A great fast paced company you wont regret working for. They are flexible and have a culture that sets them above their competitors. It is a large company with a small company feel.
Was excellent five years ago
Five years ago, it was the best place to work at, with tremendous support for employees and many learning opportunities.
The teams were very good about being cross-disciplinary and helping each other
Pros
Many learning opportunities
Great place to work with lots of opportunity to learn; however, career paths do not exist and growth/progression is far and few between.

Total rewards package is not competitive and consists only of a base salary.
Great company
Excellent company and people, downfall was there was no defined path for career advancement.

Office structure is great, very cohesive teams. Incredibly flexible hours were the best asset.
Not professional
I worked with a lot of nice people in environment ex ConocoPhillips but Matrix was not a good experience at all. Know it all with narcissism qualities. First time I have ever not wanted to work as a team.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership
Fun and great place to work
Great culture. Work life balance. They care about their employees. When I had my exit interview they were clear on explaining my options and had plan in place.
Great Company, Great People!
Loved my time with Matrix, it was a hard decision to leave. Loved the people I worked with, great benefits to the employees, career advancement, normal internal grumblings, but overall I would go back. Work life balance was key, come and go as you please but when work needs to be completed it is expected that you pull your weight.
Pros
everything!
No mentorship
No mentorship (though they pretend to have programs), and if you falter they throw you to the wolves. Lots of sexism. Men made more than the women on average, and were promoted a lot more often.
Pros
Flexible, generous employee training.
Cons
Sexism, no mentorship, no path to leadership, no oversight.
Great people to work with
All the people I worked with and met over the years at Matrix were great. Too bad the old industry bubble burst a few years ago and the Saskatoon office was not a good location to conduct and assist in 99 percent oil and gas projects.
Pros
Management and professional staff
Cons
Saskatoon Office not good location to conduct all oil and gas projects
Fun place to work with exciting driven individuals
Good place to work with an energetic and passionate staff. Culture is an important part of this companies platform which helps connect people from different departments.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Great place anv very talented people at Matrix Solutions!
Young organization with lots of talent and potential. Some changes in the culture workplace needs to be looked after as it is imperative to keep talent. Most Senior Leaders are great to work with. Very approachable and opened to listening to your ideas.
Pros
Talent, Great projects, Interesting work, Strong reputation as a firm
Cons
Bullying in Corporate by one manager
Work hard, play hard.
This company is a great place to work if you're looking to learn and develop cross-functional skills with fun yet professional people. It's like a family atmosphere that provides challenges to push the status quo.

A typical day involved leading a creative team, workload delegation, designing and writing, managing multiple projects and collaborating with a variety of specialized experts.
Pros
Free Lunch with Learns
Cons
Can have moments of long working hours.
Great Company
I have being with Matrix for over 4 years and it has always gotten better. The management and culture is great. There is a great team spirit and the atmosphere is always welcoming. Generally I am able to achieve work life balance working here
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Pay
It's a perfect workplace with completely flexible working schedule. It's the best for work and life balance.
It's a growing company specialized in environmental engineering industry with majority revenue from oil and gas corporate clients.
The company culture is in a transition from a family alike atmosphere to a cold result-driven office culture. The employee turn-over rate in administration sector is kind of high in past two years.

I grew up in the company from entry level to intermediate financial accountant in four years. The management is very professional and gave employees enough freedom to find best solutions.
Fun, Productive, Stress Free
With this company it was really good cause of the LOA(sub pay)
Pros
Really Good Pay w/LOA
Cons
24/4 shift
not a good place to work
Very bad experience there and I still suffer from the experience.