Matrix Solutions Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company, Great People!
Health & Safety (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
Loved my time with Matrix, it was a hard decision to leave. Loved the people I worked with, great benefits to the employees, career advancement, normal internal grumblings, but overall I would go back. Work life balance was key, come and go as you please but when work needs to be completed it is expected that you pull your weight.
Pros
everything!
Fun and great place to work
Billing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2019
Great culture. Work life balance. They care about their employees. When I had my exit interview they were clear on explaining my options and had plan in place.
Not professional
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2019
I worked with a lot of nice people in environment ex ConocoPhillips but Matrix was not a good experience at all. Know it all with narcissism qualities. First time I have ever not wanted to work as a team.
Pros
Cons
poor leadership
Fun place to work with exciting driven individuals
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 April 2018
Good place to work with an energetic and passionate staff. Culture is an important part of this companies platform which helps connect people from different departments.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Great people to work with
Office Manager and Senior Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 April 2018
All the people I worked with and met over the years at Matrix were great. Too bad the old industry bubble burst a few years ago and the Saskatoon office was not a good location to conduct and assist in 99 percent oil and gas projects.
Pros
Management and professional staff
Cons
Saskatoon Office not good location to conduct all oil and gas projects
No mentorship
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2018
No mentorship (though they pretend to have programs), and if you falter they throw you to the wolves. Lots of sexism. Men made more than the women on average, and were promoted a lot more often.
Pros
Flexible, generous employee training.
Cons
Sexism, no mentorship, no path to leadership, no oversight.
It's a perfect workplace with completely flexible working schedule. It's the best for work and life balance.
Financial accountant/accounts payable (Former Employee) –  Calgary22 July 2015
It's a growing company specialized in environmental engineering industry with majority revenue from oil and gas corporate clients.
The company culture is in a transition from a family alike atmosphere to a cold result-driven office culture. The employee turn-over rate in administration sector is kind of high in past two years.
I grew up in the company from entry level to intermediate financial accountant in four years. The management is very professional and gave employees enough freedom to find best solutions.
Great Company
finance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2015
I have being with Matrix for over 4 years and it has always gotten better. The management and culture is great. There is a great team spirit and the atmosphere is always welcoming. Generally I am able to achieve work life balance working here
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Pay
Great place anv very talented people at Matrix Solutions!
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
Young organization with lots of talent and potential. Some changes in the culture workplace needs to be looked after as it is imperative to keep talent. Most Senior Leaders are great to work with. Very approachable and opened to listening to your ideas.
Pros
Talent, Great projects, Interesting work, Strong reputation as a firm
Cons
Bullying in Corporate by one manager
Work hard, play hard.
Senior Advisor, Visual Communications (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2016
This company is a great place to work if you're looking to learn and develop cross-functional skills with fun yet professional people. It's like a family atmosphere that provides challenges to push the status quo.

A typical day involved leading a creative team, workload delegation, designing and writing, managing multiple projects and collaborating with a variety of specialized experts.
Pros
Free Lunch with Learns
Cons
Can have moments of long working hours.
Fun, Productive, Stress Free
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  AB7 October 2014
With this company it was really good cause of the LOA(sub pay)
Pros
Really Good Pay w/LOA
Cons
24/4 shift
not a good place to work
Administrative Assistant - 17/Jan (Former Employee) –  Calgary Head Office8 November 2013
Very bad experience there and I still suffer from the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matrix Solutions Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Matrix Solutions Inc. Reviews by Location