Mathnasium

Mathnasium Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
A typical day at work will entail walking around the centre, looking for children who need help. A lot of time is spent helping them (that's the job).
very relax and fun working environment
great organizational culture

manager cares about your life

easy to get started on if you are good at math

flexible working schedule
This opportunity to work at Mathnasium was a perfect match for the field I am pursuing education in for and had presented many opportunities in my desired field as a result.
Mathnasium provided flexible schedule. The owners were very friendly and the style of teaching was great. I really enjoyed working there. I encourage anyone who wants to work there.
Working here is fulfilling because you know you are directly impacting students' lives positively. Sometimes work can be really fast-paced if there are many students in at once.
Overall it is a great experience and I will recommend it if you enjoy tutoring and working with kids, or if you are in college and are looking for a job
organized company and not stressful. fairly paid every period and the owner is very nice. having fun during the work with student and employee as well.
Pros
flexible
Cons
only have part time job
I love working at Mathnasium. Till now the experience has been really good. Terrific work culture along with good management is something one will experience here at Mathnasium
Mathnasium offers good employment to college students looking for part time work. The job was demanding at first as you must recollect most of your highschool and elementary level math quickly. As time passes the job becomes much easier with less challenges as the days go by. The hours are short but fit well into a college students schedule. Management was good, workplace was comforting and engaging with the students is entertaining.
Temporary opportunity to earn a few bucks if you are passionate about math. It is a collaborative easy paced environment to work. Part time teaching allows you to pay for your living expenses
At mathnasium I was able to get the experience I need to get into and exel at teaching/supporting students with their Math homework/test preparation. The other instructors are great to work with and truly care about the students' progress.
They called me back for an interview and hired me. Said they would call me for my first shift in two weeks. Exactly those words. They never did so I called in and they claimed they never hired me and apologize for the miscommunication. There was none... they said I was hired so I stopped applying for jobs. Not to mention there was absolutely no calculus on the instructor test, only a ton of stats. It was like they want you to only tutor stats which was never posted in the listing... it was never posted in the listing that you need to know stats in general. Even goes as far to say grade 12 skills are not mandatory. Don't waste your time.
Mathnasium is a fantastic place for students to come and advance their mathematical skills. unfortunately, as an employee, it's constricting and harsh. The management was not open to new ideas, refused to accept certain proved methods of work. creating an overall hostile and resentful environment.
Pros
Free math themed water bottle.
Cons
Manager will openly berate you in front of students and berate students in front of you.
Not much to do when you have shifts. Usually there are less students, and because of this, staff is often idling. Because of this, there aren't many hours being scheduled for each person, and they are overstaffed. However, the managers are super friendly and nice.
There is room from advancement. The pay is not great, and it's long hours. It's good experience for a couple of years to learn about management and franchises.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Nice staff
Cons
Long hours, Low Pay
Good people to work with and continuous support from the director. It is a pleasure to work with all student and the content is created by the organization. Hardest part of the job would be having the same mind-set as others in the organization. For example, assessing students equally.
I really like working here, the place is not only well organized, but also provides extremely well for its employees. The boss is one of the nicest persons that i have ever met.
Fun teamwork atmosphere. Lots of enthusiasm and fun with the kids. An effective curriculum for teaching. Lots of support and guidance to train and teach quickly.
Mathnasium is an excellent place to work. The environment is very professional and clean. The other co-workers and exceptional and very supportive. Salary is $15/hour. I feel the instructors could be payed better. Overall a wonderful workplace.
Pros
Positive Interaction with Students
Cons
Low Salary
As much as mathematics is a nightmare for many high school students, I tried to make it interesting and easy for them to learn.
My approach was different to every student depending on your knowledge and interest.

However, the most important task during teaching is get students attention. Having a clear understanding of all the mathematical concepts was the key for gaining student confidence and attention.
Pros
To teach is learn twice over. I got to polish my concepts.
Cons
4-hours shift without any break.
Had fun, good pay, I would recommend this company to anyone. It was an overall positive experience. I would not suggest it I you don't like younger children.
Pros
usually nice students