Math4Me Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 May 2019
Salary is low, management is terrible and unresponsive, sometimes there will not be enough students on your scheduled days because there are no attendance policies and you will be told to go home after arriving. Everything is extremely unprofessional. Don't waste your time working for this awful company.
Pros
Few hours
Cons
Everything else
worst company i have ever seen. Not good for students. Teachers are not experienced and half of the answers they dont know.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 May 2019
Very bad learning centre. Never ever send your kid to this place for learning. For kids its just waste of time. Better to go to any other place than Math 4 me. Teachers have no knowledge .
Great place ton learn
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 May 2019
The place to learn and explore , students and mentors are building the future for tomorrow. The learning process is so unique and different from any other company.
Completely Unorganized
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 January 2019
This job is completely dependent on how many kids are there. Say you were only supposed to work two hours; if a lot of kids show up, they'll make you work four hours. Also, if you're on call, you'll literally find out your working 30m after your scheduled shift start time (ie you'll get a call at 5pm when you're supposed to start at 4:30). This company thinks its some higher education place when really they just rented out a small property, put together some $10 plastic tables, hired some teenagers at minimum wage, asked them to do stuff way out of their pay grade, and then feasted on all the immigrant families in the area. The funniest part of this job was when the Province of BC had announced that the minimum wage was increased to $11.85 from $10.75. I was making minimum wage at the time. Funnily enough, I got an email from the manager who tried convincing me that he was giving me a raise. All the "mentors" were given to work with was a clipboard, some paper, and a pen, and we were supposed to teach up to 3rd year university, FOR MINIMUM WAGE. People who taught university got paid the same as those who taught Grade 5. Go work for literally any other tutoring company.
Pros
Connecting with the kids and doing your best to make sure they have a good future
Cons
Everything else
Great starter
Mentor/ Tutor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 September 2013
Its a great opportunity for students starting out and also pays well. You can also learn a lot from the job itself.
Math4me
Mentor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Surrey3 June 2013
Tutoring students and answering any questions they have. I learned working with students and effective ways of teaching students things. This way I learned new things myself. Anything from techniques to new ways of explaining things. This way I learned my material better myself.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Boring when students don't have much qork to do