Matcom Industrial Installations Employee Reviews

Good When They Need You
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 April 2018
They have a very bias and uncooperative management structure. The work they have is good and challenging at times but that have some foreman in positions that should not be where they are.
Pros
Challenging and Interesting
Cons
Lack of quality leadership
Good company
Rigger forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 September 2016
Good company to work for, good office staff, cut throat HR.
Do not expect fair or equal opportunity as HR is very corporate oriented and contrary to whats said in an interview you are still just a number to that department.
Like the people, HR is like a Hillary Clinton/Donald Trump combination.
Pros
Good co workers/ staff
Cons
human resources dishonest
Very Competent Company Advancing to New Opportunites
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 July 2013
I arrived to work 10 minutes before start time (usually 7am). Have a safety meeting/run-down of the day's itinerary (i.e. who would be working with whom and what was expected of us that day). Start working, break around 10AM. Continue working until noon. Break for lunch. Continue working until 2:45pm. Start putting away tools, locking everything up. Securing propane cylinders. End of day. I learned that if you have a "stupid" question, ask it, because there is at least one other person wondering the same thing. If I didn't understand something, I always asked for clarification. The men I worked with were awesome. Being the only woman, I was pleasantly surprised that the guys accepted me quite easily. We had a good working relationship. Joking around and sharing stories. Had some good times with the guys. The hardest part of the job was probably working in extreme temperatures. My body is very sensitive to cold. In the warmer months I was fine, but in winter, I could have worn 3 parkas and still froze. The best part of this job was the variety for sure. We were never in the same environment for very long. Contracts would last anywhere from a day to a year. Being the only apprentice at the time, I got to work in more of the departments than the average employee. I really enjoyed the variety of new co-workers and opportunities.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Weather/ Working Conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Matcom Industrial Installations. Our community is ready to answer.

Matcom Industrial Installations Reviews by Job Title