Match Marketing

Match Marketing Pay & benefits reviews

The people were good to work with but were very competitive and there was a lot of gossip. No job security with very low pay. The departments never collaborated with each other and there was always high turnover.
Match ma aidé énormément dans ma vie. Sans match je n'aurais jamais acquis les connaissances sur le marchandisage.
Pros
Bénéfice de travailleur autonome
Cons
Salaire devrais être 18$/h
I had fun in the beginning, but some of the stores where I was demonstrating and selling the product had some less than pleasant managers, whom I didn't work for, sticking their nose into things that were none of their business. Also, it wasn't clearly explained that I was an independent contractor, therefore, I ended up paying $800 in taxes because they weren't taking anything off my paychecks.
Pros
Somewhat independent without a lot of pressure. Hourly rate + commission
Cons
Some locations were very slow for customers resulting in low salessales
I've been there a couple years and can honestly say this place used to be a great work environment, but with changes over the last year I can confidently say it is spinning out of control. US management is too disconnected with the Toronto office, the Toronto management does not understand the business model, and neither appreciates the people doing the actual work.
Cons
Senior Leadership, Culture, Salary
Match is a gold standard for organizations able to pivot their 'in office' culture and drive engagement and productivity remotely. Leadership cares about their people and clients are always quick to praise work well done. Recognizing talent and leveraging them for bigger projects is always a great way to be recognized and build capacity.
Pros
Work life balance, meaningful work, great initiatives
Cons
Some employees flying under the radar
Match was a good environment to work, as I can located very far from head office, most communication was done online. Support was plenty, and the communication between the company and the brand I represented was very good. Unforunately due to Covid things didn't work out, but it was a very good time with my team from across Canada.
Pros
Fair pay, good compensation
Cons
Need to be a self-motivated individual
The main issue exist in the misrepresentation of employee vs independent worker status. Yet Match provides workers with schedules, place of work that are often different from week to week ; equipment, and inventory (coffee and everything necessary to prepare coffee) ; cleaning supplies and daily milk purchases are reimbursed. Also initial training and follow up or evolving training.
Pros
Potential is there despite negative independent worker issues
Cons
No benefits or tax deductions that must be paid come income tax!
I give koodo to Match Marketing for being a very compassionate company when it comes to have created a supporting and understanding culture and work environment. They acknowledge the importance of life and work balance to maintain mental health and in turn they reap the benefit of getting best work outputs and commitment from their staff. Very little companies don't get this right, they have this nailed. Match also has a very advanced infrastructure, they were quickly able to easily transition working from home during the pandemic so seamlessly. Leadership communication has greatly improved over the past year as well.
Pros
Extended 4 day spring summer weekends, bi-weekly summer BBQ's, fun celebration days, great benefits
Cons
focus on your responsibility and the days go quick. Great social interactions with co-workers. not physically demanding. Management keep the atmosphere lite but focus on responsibilities. Work can be tedious. Contracts are short so another part time job with flexibility may be needed. Lots of travel, but we know our destinations well in advance. Extra night stay at hotels are paid for if required because of weather. Our travelling safety is a high priority. Meal allowance is sufficient.
I've never felt so unwanted at a job before. HR and managers are the least supportive people ever. It's constant pushy sales and trying to force costumers to buy things they don't want. Managers get paid salary yet can get away with only working 10 hrs a week with no punishment. They'll constantly act supportive until you need something. For ROE it took 2 months due to the unorganizion and mismanagement.
The company does NOT care about you. The management team is non-existent, everytime you try to get an answer for work related issues you'll often be left hanging without any follow ups or updates. Most of the time the management creates such a fear mongering work environment with persistent threats of being let go from the company to encourage sales. The job contract that I signed up for changed and we requested new job agreements to reflect the changes but nothing, they cut our benefits, reduced our allowances, made us work in a very hostile environment after trlling them we do not feel comfortable working. Don't waste your time.
Cons
I've been with Match for 7 months now. I've worked on my own and in a team and enjoy both. Good Management always there when you have a question or concern and very helpful. Great for working your own timetable, mostly partime work but there are 3 to 6 week long fulltime stints if you want the hours. Puzzle solving abilities are definately an asset.
Pros
Great Management, fun people to work with, good support material, your office is never the same place
Cons
Can sometimes be long days getting the job completed
There is always something new to learn every shift, I love it as I can be myself and talk about the product, the ASMIT (Area sales manager in training) are always available for any questions.
Pros
It is not easy to get a full time position. No benefits.
Cons
It is a very organized company that pays very well.
If you want a job where communication is horrid, zero appreciation for your hard work, skills, experiences, and honesty is not policy... then this company is for you. Depending on the division you are hired into, you can expect to work a lot of overtime with no additional overtime pay since mainly all salary... Job is good if you are a person with no commitments (no kids/family life, or care of a person(s)).
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
long hours/weeks
J'aime etre marchandiseure, mais aucune retenu de chomage ni d'impot.pas d'assurance.
Pros
Bon salaire
Cons
Pas de chomage ni d'impot retenue
This is a good company the people are very nice. They pay is ok but sometimes the hours are not the greatest unless your willing to travel distances. Again very nice people but there can be a confusion with communication between upper management and employees.
Terrible place to work Supervisors have NO idea what they are doing and do not care LONG hours doing cosmetic relines and they don't appreciate you at all No RAISE in 3 years
Pros
Cons
everything
A part le salaire, manque de support, on est des numéros, erreurs sur les paies, obligation d'acheter du lait en grande quantité pour jeter après 2h de travail, changement de personnel constant, travail assez ennuyeux. Pour dépanner ou emploi étudiant, sinon bof!
Pros
Café gratuit, paie
Cons
Pas de support, laissés a nous mm, gaspillage de lait incroyable
This is a good place to work even though this evaluation would be vary based on the position that you apply.The initial training was very good to understand the whole structure of your position
Pros
Job flexibility, good training course, and fair evaluation
Cons
Unstable salary
This job has irregular hours with no guaranty of hours. Upward mobility is severely limited by where you live. In Ontario it is much better than anywhere else in the country.
Pros
Hours are moderately flexible.
Cons
No benefits, no hours guaranteed.
Super stressful place to work. Barely any support for managers from upper management and a ton of stress to put on your plate. You are not compensated nearly enough for what they demand of you.
Pros
Discount on phone plan
Cons
Work to life balance is terrible, employee turnover is high due to poor compensation, hardly any support from upper managment.