Match Marketing Pay & Benefits reviews

Worst management team
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 October 2019
I've never felt so unwanted at a job before. HR and managers are the least supportive people ever. It's constant pushy sales and trying to force costumers to buy things they don't want. Managers get paid salary yet can get away with only working 10 hrs a week with no punishment. They'll constantly act supportive until you need something. For ROE it took 2 months due to the unorganizion and mismanagement.
Horrible management and HR
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2019
The company does NOT care about you. The management team is non-existent, everytime you try to get an answer for work related issues you'll often be left hanging without any follow ups or updates.

Most of the time the management creates such a fear mongering work environment with persistent threats of being let go from the company to encourage sales.

The job contract that I signed up for changed and we requested new job agreements to reflect the changes but nothing, they cut our benefits, reduced our allowances, made us work in a very hostile environment after trlling them we do not feel comfortable working.

Don't waste your time.
Cons
Great job if you are an independant worker, like making your own schedule and are a good puzzle solver
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 July 2019
I've been with Match for 7 months now. I've worked on my own and in a team and enjoy both. Good Management always there when you have a question or concern and very helpful. Great for working your own timetable, mostly partime work but there are 3 to 6 week long fulltime stints if you want the hours.
Puzzle solving abilities are definately an asset.
Pros
Great Management, fun people to work with, good support material, your office is never the same place
Cons
Can sometimes be long days getting the job completed
The best job to have
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2019
There is always something new to learn every shift, I love it as I can be myself and talk about the product, the ASMIT (Area sales manager in training) are always available for any questions.
Pros
It is not easy to get a full time position. No benefits.
Cons
It is a very organized company that pays very well.
Typical agency...
Match Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 May 2019
If you want a job where communication is horrid, zero appreciation for your hard work, skills, experiences, and honesty is not policy... then this company is for you.

Depending on the division you are hired into, you can expect to work a lot of overtime with no additional overtime pay since mainly all salary...

Job is good if you are a person with no commitments (no kids/family life, or care of a person(s)).
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
long hours/weeks
Do not work here
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2019
Terrible place to work
Supervisors have NO idea what they are doing and do not care
LONG hours doing cosmetic relines and they don't appreciate you at all
No RAISE in 3 years
Pros
Cons
everything
Nespresso Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2018
This is a good place to work even though this evaluation would be vary based on the position that you apply.The initial training was very good to understand the whole structure of your position
Pros
Job flexibility, good training course, and fair evaluation
Cons
Unstable salary
No benefits, somewhat flexible hours.
Projects Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2018
This job has irregular hours with no guaranty of hours. Upward mobility is severely limited by where you live. In Ontario it is much better than anywhere else in the country.
Pros
Hours are moderately flexible.
Cons
No benefits, no hours guaranteed.
No support and very stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
Super stressful place to work. Barely any support for managers from upper management and a ton of stress to put on your plate. You are not compensated nearly enough for what they demand of you.
Pros
Discount on phone plan
Cons
Work to life balance is terrible, employee turnover is high due to poor compensation, hardly any support from upper managment.
Fun Part-time work
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
worked at match marketing as a brand ambassador, the pay is good and so is the organization of the promotions. Only downside is that there is not much promos happening during certain times of the year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not much work
Dont waste your time.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Always late with pay. Pay is poor compared to other brand ambassador jobs to begin with. Turnover rate high, management info operative, do not care for their employees, and forever changing too.
Never knew what the commission was supposed to be, as they changed it 3x in the 6 months I worked there. They make you pay for your own milk to be "reimbursed" for it later. Which was often forgotten on the paycheck. Nothing short of a ridiculous company. I will never work for match again after working this gig.
Not great!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina area12 January 2018
Good work, poor management. Dont always reimburse you for your expenses in full. When your sick or make a mistake, they hold it against you. Work part is good.
Pros
Fun work, hours are not bad
Cons
Poor management
Mobile Boutique side is wonderful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada7 November 2017
Match has multiple businesses through the company. When looking to see if this is the right company for you, please keep that in mind.
The Mobile side (WOW! Mobile Boutique) is a great place to work. Great work environment, fantastic communication with head office employees, good commission structure, benefits for FT employees, lots of focus on training and Promotions knowledge.
We have offers that other companies do not receive on their devices as well.
Our focus is the whole Customer Experience, offering a non biased service, which I love about the company.
I see a lot of negative reviews on here, however they are not towards the company that Match is a parent company to; WOW! Mobile.
Pros
Benefits, contests, commission, communication
I've been with Match for years, they're pretty good
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
I love Match. The culture is great, the teams are generally great,and the work itself is a breeze. The only drawback for me is that full time work is unlikely with Match, which is a double-edged sword; I'd have difficulty sticking around because I need full time work, but working full time with Match (through advancement) requires that you stick around through the dry patches. All in all, Match is great.
Semi-casual workplace, flexible hours, not much garuntee for hours
Independent Contractor - merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
This position is great for flexible hours and relaxed wardrobe.
The work is pretty straight forward but gets repetitive pretty quickly.
There are things that will go wrong when working on a wall but can usually be handled day of.
Not too much hands on training, either you get it or you don't.
Pay is decent but raises are hard to come by.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual attire, straight forward duties, working alone
Cons
No garuntee of hours, not too much infield direction. Working alone
Unorganized
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 May 2017
This company confused me to no end. They couldn't get their hours straight, no one was ever available for questions, training was only several hours. The atmosphere and salary while working were great, but finding myself spending more time trying to get in contact with my boss than working I had to let this company go. It felt as if there was no room for advancement.
part time work no advancement
Reset Merchandiser-Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 February 2017
if you like cosmetics you're a shoe in,
if you like to drive a lot that helps too
you have time management skills you will need them \
Pros
good part time job
Cons
no advancement, no pay increase
it is productive and fun
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 January 2017
working in match marketing as a merchandiser has been an amazing opportunity, I have had the opportunity to work with great and amazing people. match marketing offers great flexible hours and I really like that.
Pros
mileage payed for
Cons
The worst company I have ever worked for.
"Independent Contractor" (Former Employee) –  Canada19 January 2017
Where do I start!!

They make you sign a forum saying you are an independent contractor when in actuality you are not. They make you pay out of pocket for materials. Pay is always late or nonexistent and they always make excuses. Saying they will carry over the money they didnt pay you over the next month. No. That's not how it's done. Hopefully the labor board can help me but with this sneaky independent contractor lie I might not have much luck. Worst decision of my life working here.
great experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
short contracts with good pay and great opportunity to meet people; unsure if advancement is possible within the organization but the manager for my roadshow was always available and ready to help. very flexible hours and lots of free samples!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.