Match Marketing

Match Marketing Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

in the begining it was great depends on the supervisor
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC22 January 2020
I am a senior and was berated by a young person I do not take that kind of talk from anyone I guess I let him know in no uncertain terms so he called his mommy
Implemented quality standards - required by Match Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2019
What ever was asked to implement or requested by Team Lead - was followed up, without hesitation.
I supported the programs required by MatchMG - in Merchandising, Plan-O-Grams etc.
I enjoyed working with the MatchMG employees
Pros
I enjoyed the results of Merchandising for increasing Customer Sales, with clean sellable products and stores
Cons
Really nothing!
Poor communication from senior positions
Team Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 December 2019
Overall Match is a decent place to work. Our division is closing and the communication for the first month was terrible as we were told there would be further communication and there was not any. Does not show loyalty to employees
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2019
long hours . not training and left to figure it out. little direction no support on site . did not like working here. the stores you are arriving at have noidea why you are there
Horrible Company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC7 October 2019
Management was great at one point, definitely needs alot of work and room for improvement, crazy busy for about 5/6 months of the year, the rest of the year is extremely quiet. Great seasonal for students or stay at home moms, but it's not a career.
Pros
Milage
Cons
Everything else
Horrible management and HR
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2019
The company does NOT care about you. The management team is non-existent, everytime you try to get an answer for work related issues you'll often be left hanging without any follow ups or updates.

Most of the time the management creates such a fear mongering work environment with persistent threats of being let go from the company to encourage sales.

The job contract that I signed up for changed and we requested new job agreements to reflect the changes but nothing, they cut our benefits, reduced our allowances, made us work in a very hostile environment after trlling them we do not feel comfortable working.

Don't waste your time.
Cons
Great job if you are an independant worker, like making your own schedule and are a good puzzle solver
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 July 2019
I've been with Match for 7 months now. I've worked on my own and in a team and enjoy both. Good Management always there when you have a question or concern and very helpful. Great for working your own timetable, mostly partime work but there are 3 to 6 week long fulltime stints if you want the hours.
Puzzle solving abilities are definately an asset.
Pros
Great Management, fun people to work with, good support material, your office is never the same place
Cons
Can sometimes be long days getting the job completed
Cosmetic Merchandise
Cosmetic Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ontario31 May 2019
Overall it's a pretty good job. Alot of hours when they are busy. They try to give you jobs when not busy to fill in the time. Cosmetic Merchandise is fast paced as there are deadlines and you learn appt. The teams all worked well together. We became a family as we shared stories about ourselves and were there for each other. Team leads are great
Never any issues with management.
Pros
Flexible schedule, always asked if we can work a date
Cons
Very long hours when it's busy season
Great seasonal job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2019
Great for students that can only work a block of time. It you can commit to a full campaign be prepared to work alot of hours! However this job can be pysically challenging so take that into consideration. Good fit for people who have great spatial reasoning and/or enjoy puzzles!
It is a good job.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2019
This is a good company the people are very nice. They pay is ok but sometimes the hours are not the greatest unless your willing to travel distances. Again very nice people but there can be a confusion with communication between upper management and employees.
Merchandiser (Hardware) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
I've had dozens of jobs, worked in hundreds of places. I never had a problem at MATCH that I couldn't make right that I didn't make myself.

Yes, I worked as a Team Lead for Match Marketing. I spent a lot of time completing surveys, capturing metrics, reporting, solutions, sometimes changes and often enough challenges. I spent a lot of time asking questions. Questions like: Are we still doing this procedure? What is the priority of these two different urgent last minute items?
The interpersonal aspect of the work was rewarding. I enjoyed identifying skills of team members and allowing them to work in the areas where they will be most effective.
Cons
Demanding Work
Not great!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina area12 January 2018
Good work, poor management. Dont always reimburse you for your expenses in full. When your sick or make a mistake, they hold it against you. Work part is good.
Pros
Fun work, hours are not bad
Cons
Poor management
Semi-casual workplace, flexible hours, not much garuntee for hours
Independent Contractor - merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
This position is great for flexible hours and relaxed wardrobe.
The work is pretty straight forward but gets repetitive pretty quickly.
There are things that will go wrong when working on a wall but can usually be handled day of.
Not too much hands on training, either you get it or you don't.
Pay is decent but raises are hard to come by.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual attire, straight forward duties, working alone
Cons
No garuntee of hours, not too much infield direction. Working alone
Great
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS14 September 2017
Loved working for the company. Great environment from manager. Getting to work around the province was fyn and getting to work in different stores with different people helps to build confidence.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
Travel
Match great to work for
Merchandiser / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
very busy new changes , some management very good , alot of work but has balance.no reviews for staff as of yet we will see in next couple months for that . otherwise happy to work here
Cons
Treated like and Independant Contractor when in fact your an employee
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2016
Match is good if you have nowhere else to go and are desperate for a little money but do not make a career out of this place.
Management treat you like your an idiot consistently speak down to you and can make your life miserable.

Drive all over the place with little compensation
Call you an IC when your not.
Employees are okay some like everywhere else will stab you in the back the moment your back is turned.
Pros
None that I can think of
great experience
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  NS, NB25 April 2016
If you're a hard working individual with interest in merchandising and customer service, this will be perfect for you.
I worked for this company to reline cosmetic sections in several stores across NS and some in NB. It required problem solving skills and some long-hour days, but I loved it!
Pros
good pay, great learning experience, travel, great and supportive people to work for
Cons
no benefits, mostly term work
great work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON9 April 2016
must be a self starter, hours varied depending on the job.
must understand the plan-o -grams. capable of taking directions and following thru
Pros
flexiable time
Cons
too many employees
Worst place you can think of
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 February 2016
Worst place o have evr had to work.i learned nothing than to quit and never work for such companies..poor management skills ..
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Everything is wrong with that company
Love to Walk around and explore the products
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
The one good thing I learned there is to keep track of our working record of each day. And that's what I like most because it makes me feel hard working girl.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.