Match Marketing

Match Marketing Employee Reviews for Brand Ambassador

The best job to have
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2019
There is always something new to learn every shift, I love it as I can be myself and talk about the product, the ASMIT (Area sales manager in training) are always available for any questions.
Pros
It is not easy to get a full time position. No benefits.
Cons
It is a very organized company that pays very well.
Nespresso Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2018
This is a good place to work even though this evaluation would be vary based on the position that you apply.The initial training was very good to understand the whole structure of your position
Pros
Job flexibility, good training course, and fair evaluation
Cons
Unstable salary
Bad Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2018
constantly asked for supplies, never got a reply. Unorganized and last minute changes to schedule which lead to showing up for shifts that i was not scheduled for.
Pros
drink coffee
Cons
bad management
Not a great place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
A lot of favortism, rude management, no direction and people are very selfish. They're never straight with you and put you in positions where you can feel unsafe at work. They simply don't care about you.
Pros
Cons
don't respect people
Fun Part-time work
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
worked at match marketing as a brand ambassador, the pay is good and so is the organization of the promotions. Only downside is that there is not much promos happening during certain times of the year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not much work
Great Opportunity
Brand Ambassador (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 May 2018
This was a great opportunity to connect with the local community and those curling fans that came in from out of town/out of country. The team I was working with were all fantastic, management included.
Dont waste your time.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Always late with pay. Pay is poor compared to other brand ambassador jobs to begin with. Turnover rate high, management info operative, do not care for their employees, and forever changing too.
Never knew what the commission was supposed to be, as they changed it 3x in the 6 months I worked there. They make you pay for your own milk to be "reimbursed" for it later. Which was often forgotten on the paycheck. Nothing short of a ridiculous company. I will never work for match again after working this gig.
I've been with Match for years, they're pretty good
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
I love Match. The culture is great, the teams are generally great,and the work itself is a breeze. The only drawback for me is that full time work is unlikely with Match, which is a double-edged sword; I'd have difficulty sticking around because I need full time work, but working full time with Match (through advancement) requires that you stick around through the dry patches. All in all, Match is great.
Nespresso Coffee Specialist - Do not apply for it-
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2017
Worked there for around 2 years. It was great in 2015 when the team lead and team members actually cared about making sales and work together as a team.

Since 2016, the team lead left and new hired team leads (changed countless time through my stay in the company) were forcing their own selling methods and work style on the team. Lack of communication and understanding which drove many well-trained, good ethic staff to leave. New hires are given very poor training and lack the drive to sell machines. Unclear sales goal and no career advancement.

There are better jobs out there that pay same / above for the work they put you through as their brand ambassador. Other company do offer a set schedule and won't randomly cancel your shift last minute.
Pros
good student job
Cons
everything
great experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
short contracts with good pay and great opportunity to meet people; unsure if advancement is possible within the organization but the manager for my roadshow was always available and ready to help. very flexible hours and lots of free samples!
Convenient
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON8 May 2016
This job gave me so many skills to be independent, as I was an independent contractor. I learned how to sell, communicate, and interact with many clients and customers.
Great company
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2015
Trainers are friendly, managers are responsive and supportive.
Matc Marketing
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2014
I love working for Match Marketing they are so good to their employee's. They cover your expenses, they will do anything to make it work. The jobs are fun filled and I get to talk to people all day long about new and exciting products. The managers are always friendly and accommodating and usually will give you a big thanks at the end of the campaign.
Pros
Paid expenses, High pay, Short hours
Cons
Sometimes long period of times inbetween campaigns
Absolutely Horrible
Brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE22 May 2014
Shift got cancelled due to storm, but we were told we would still be paid. Three months later, still trying to procure my $162. The management is awful and they will always come up with lies and excuses. Do not work here!
Pros
decent pay, quick work
Cons
shoddy management, didn't get paid
Great place to grow as an individual
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  5222 Satellite Drive, Mississauga21 May 2014
- Promoted products for clients
- Engaged with consumers
- Learned vast technological knowledge
- Enjoyed conversing with people
Pros
Was under my own supervision
Cons
Locations varied from Uxbridge to Ajax to Whitby
Horrible place
Brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  BC28 October 2013
Didn't pay me travel, never paid me training wages until a month later, tells you just days before a shift if they want you working or not. Constantly changing around the schedules. Low morale, high pressure to sell
Fun Team Oriented Environment
Brand Ambassador/Logistics (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2013
Working at Match Marketing has been a great experience. They are very professional, but still like to have a loose relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
poorly run business selling Nespresso machines
Nespresso Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2013
unless you love stressful employment, working for multiple managers breathing down your neck, pressuring you to sell espresso machines like they were something everyone should have 12 of, then this dating, I mean, joke of a marketing company is for you. they have multiple names: match marketing, match plus, match view, match mate and several others they refer themselves to in many communications.
Pros
all former Future Shop employees
Cons
all former Future Shop employees
Fun work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2013
fun work ,
lots of travelling
good pay
nice nature of work
lots of interaction
Pros
fun
Cons
travelling
Nice place
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2013
Nice place to work, it was a good experience lots of interaction with people. Nice bosses and very good communication.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
different locations