Match Marketing

Match Marketing Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Implemented quality standards - required by Match Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 December 2019
What ever was asked to implement or requested by Team Lead - was followed up, without hesitation.
I supported the programs required by MatchMG - in Merchandising, Plan-O-Grams etc.
I enjoyed working with the MatchMG employees
Pros
I enjoyed the results of Merchandising for increasing Customer Sales, with clean sellable products and stores
Cons
Really nothing!
If You're over 30 and want to settle down - move on!
Team Lead in Field (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2019
Unless you're in HQ with job security, no field work from this employer will ever provide long-lasting promising work. If you're in your 20's this would be a great place to grow. If you are over 30 and need an increase - good luck. As for clients and projects: regardless of how long they will tell you it will last, they cannot foresee changes from clients. MatchMG will tell you they have new projects with as many hours you want to work: However; you cannot work greater than 44 hours and if you do go over, it's not "time & a half" unless you're an "employee". Most of you will be an independent contract and that's not ethical. Mileage is also substandard. You have been warned.
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2019
long hours . not training and left to figure it out. little direction no support on site . did not like working here. the stores you are arriving at have noidea why you are there
The best job to have
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2019
There is always something new to learn every shift, I love it as I can be myself and talk about the product, the ASMIT (Area sales manager in training) are always available for any questions.
Pros
It is not easy to get a full time position. No benefits.
Cons
It is a very organized company that pays very well.
good head office
Nespresso brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2019
as any other ambassador position, managers where power hungry and a little petty. I enjoyed working with my colleagues though. It's a transition position. not a perm.
Pretty good
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Experience at match has been pleasant for the most part. The only negatives I have to say about this company is that the coordinators are very unorganized.
No support and very stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
Super stressful place to work. Barely any support for managers from upper management and a ton of stress to put on your plate. You are not compensated nearly enough for what they demand of you.
Pros
Discount on phone plan
Cons
Work to life balance is terrible, employee turnover is high due to poor compensation, hardly any support from upper managment.
Not a great place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
A lot of favortism, rude management, no direction and people are very selfish. They're never straight with you and put you in positions where you can feel unsafe at work. They simply don't care about you.
Pros
Cons
don't respect people
Dead store
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Having very little traffic in an isolated area allows for much reflection on one's current standing in their lives. To relish the fact that they are getting paid despite having stayed at the exact same spot for the past 20 minutes.
I've been with Match for years, they're pretty good
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
I love Match. The culture is great, the teams are generally great,and the work itself is a breeze. The only drawback for me is that full time work is unlikely with Match, which is a double-edged sword; I'd have difficulty sticking around because I need full time work, but working full time with Match (through advancement) requires that you stick around through the dry patches. All in all, Match is great.
Semi-casual workplace, flexible hours, not much garuntee for hours
Independent Contractor - merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
This position is great for flexible hours and relaxed wardrobe.
The work is pretty straight forward but gets repetitive pretty quickly.
There are things that will go wrong when working on a wall but can usually be handled day of.
Not too much hands on training, either you get it or you don't.
Pay is decent but raises are hard to come by.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual attire, straight forward duties, working alone
Cons
No garuntee of hours, not too much infield direction. Working alone
great experience
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
short contracts with good pay and great opportunity to meet people; unsure if advancement is possible within the organization but the manager for my roadshow was always available and ready to help. very flexible hours and lots of free samples!
Match great to work for
Merchandiser / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 October 2016
very busy new changes , some management very good , alot of work but has balance.no reviews for staff as of yet we will see in next couple months for that . otherwise happy to work here
Cons
Treated like and Independant Contractor when in fact your an employee
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2016
Match is good if you have nowhere else to go and are desperate for a little money but do not make a career out of this place.
Management treat you like your an idiot consistently speak down to you and can make your life miserable.

Drive all over the place with little compensation
Call you an IC when your not.
Employees are okay some like everywhere else will stab you in the back the moment your back is turned.
Pros
None that I can think of
Terrible Company
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2016
I worked - briefly - for this company in 2016, demoing fabulous skincare products at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Pay was ALWAYS in-accurate. I have fought for weeks to get $125 in missing wages. Match's claim is that they transferred the money. It was never received in my bank account, and Match refuses to offer any documentation.

Do not work for them. My next stop is the Labour Board.
Pros
Cons
Sheisters
Horrible. AVOID!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2015
Match Marketing is a terrible place to work at. They make it seem like they need you because they only need you seasonally and once that season ends, they just forget about you like you are nothing. They tell you its a full-time permanent position not a TEMPORARY position. They don't prepare you with anything so you have to get majority of the things for yourself and then they tell you they will reimburse you but after they "carefully" review your expenses, they will tell you that they can't approve of your expenses so you don't get any money back. They take advantage of you and they will tell you that the job is within your area but they end up making you drive all over the place and they also won't reimburse you for any mileage. At first this job seems like it's really great but no they work you like a dog and they expect way too much for you. They provide barely any training and then they send you out by yourself even when you don't know anything and they are not nice about it when you make a mistake.
Brand Ambassabor Blackweb (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
The best place to work if you're an outgoing and social person. Project hours can be long, but the compensation for the work is very very rewarding. Excellent team leads and account managers that care about the people who work for them. Great job for those in school or only want part time work
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Great company
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2015
Trainers are friendly, managers are responsive and supportive.
Do not work here
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2014
I worked here for two days selling Kureig machines. The training and the work was fine. However, they said I could make some kind of commission on the machines. They are impossible to sell. I have sold product on commission before and it was not that difficult.

The worst part of this job is the post-work follow up. I had to fill out so many forms and then my only contact at the company QUIT and i have not been able to get hold of anyone since. IT HAS BEEN FIVE MONTHS AND I HAVE NOT BEEN PAID. Not only that I have called 5 people and left countless emails and phone calls and none returns your calls. It has come to the point where I have been in contact with a lawyer. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Cons
They do not pay you, Noone to contact at the company, so many more.
poorly run business selling Nespresso machines
Nespresso Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2013
unless you love stressful employment, working for multiple managers breathing down your neck, pressuring you to sell espresso machines like they were something everyone should have 12 of, then this dating, I mean, joke of a marketing company is for you. they have multiple names: match marketing, match plus, match view, match mate and several others they refer themselves to in many communications.
Pros
all former Future Shop employees
Cons
all former Future Shop employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.