Match Marketing

Match Marketing Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Proactive and fun place to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2019
Match was a fun, temporary contract. I liked that you could sign up for various projects and that the project we worked on traveled to different locations in the city. Overall a good experience.
Dont waste your time.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Always late with pay. Pay is poor compared to other brand ambassador jobs to begin with. Turnover rate high, management info operative, do not care for their employees, and forever changing too.
Never knew what the commission was supposed to be, as they changed it 3x in the 6 months I worked there. They make you pay for your own milk to be "reimbursed" for it later. Which was often forgotten on the paycheck. Nothing short of a ridiculous company. I will never work for match again after working this gig.
Fun workplace
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
Set up and take down booth
Contract position
Work with energy efficient products
Lots of independence
Great managers
Very accommodating
Get to talk to lots of people
Merchandiser (Hardware) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
I've had dozens of jobs, worked in hundreds of places. I never had a problem at MATCH that I couldn't make right that I didn't make myself.

Yes, I worked as a Team Lead for Match Marketing. I spent a lot of time completing surveys, capturing metrics, reporting, solutions, sometimes changes and often enough challenges. I spent a lot of time asking questions. Questions like: Are we still doing this procedure? What is the priority of these two different urgent last minute items?
The interpersonal aspect of the work was rewarding. I enjoyed identifying skills of team members and allowing them to work in the areas where they will be most effective.
Cons
Demanding Work
If you don't mind terrible management and source companies not having their stuff together this is the job for you
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2016
The work itself was reasonably tolerable except for the office politics of the higher-ups. Not to mention the fact that the people working for the cosmetic companies sending the kits to the stores you will be working at have probably never set foot in a department store in their lives. There was not a single day where a company sent us everything we needed/didn't send extra stuff to get thrown out/understood the actual size of the wall we were working on. If you're the type of person who doesn't let things get to you and has a "we will do what we can with what we have to the best of our ability attitude" then you will probably do pretty okay with this job.
Pros
Paid for all your driving
Cons
hours can be long. not consistent work.
Love to Walk around and explore the products
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
The one good thing I learned there is to keep track of our working record of each day. And that's what I like most because it makes me feel hard working girl.
The game changed during busy Xmas season
Demonstrator for Nespresso product (Former Employee) –  Calgary20 November 2014
hourly wage is good with the promise of a commission. Xmas comes along and the commission is no longer there... There is no signed contract so I am very upset they didnt hold out their end of the bargain. I gave up weekends for the money and the promise of a great Xmas commission season.. Burst my bubble for sure. Not recommended. No communication or answers to my questions...poor management on all levels.
Pros
a decent hourly wage for a student
Cons
weekends, no integrity, no management
Matchmarketing/ Nespresso - Alberta
Demo sales rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary Alberta2 November 2014
Horrible experience. Paid half descent hourly rate, barely any training from the manager - my training was interrupted continuosly by sales manager answering cell phone dealing with payroll issues which should have been a red flag for me...the sales managers' comment was very aloof about it. No communication as far as entering hours and/ expenses online( you have to buy milk than claim it). No help or return communication from Matchmarketing. Sales Manager rarely returns emails, and did not enter my hours! I did not get paid and still havent! Absolute farce of a company to work for - think twice before getting involved with the Nespresso program through Matchmarketing! Sales manager not sensitive to people having a family life outside of Nespresso. Very demanding environment.

For a couple of short shifts a week completely not worth your while to get involved with. Sales manager would not provide payrolls' contact info to me..even after numerous requests. I was completely ignored. Matchmarketing would not get back to me either.. no one takes responsibility and always try to pass the buck! I still have not been able to speak to payroll! Dont waste your precious time on Nespresso. Manager not accessible to help you out for entering your hours on new system or about pay roll. Incompetent employees. They need to employ local area contractors who deal DIRECTLY with Nespresso themselves and drop the sales manager role! This would work MUCH better! Selling the Nespresso brand is a privilege and initially I was happy to represent. Unfortunately the management issues took away from
  more... the actual role and purpose of this position!!  less
Pros
Half descent wage! Selling high quality Nespresso machines
Cons
Most everything involving management
Busy, Long hours, but amazing crew and good times!
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2014
I had such an amazing time working on the Trophy Campaign. I learned so much from people management to product development. My co-workers was amazing, we all got a long great and they respected me as their manager. The hardest part of the job, was probably people management due to the amount of staff I had to take care of. The most enjoyable part of my job was being in the stampede, it really created such a buzz and everyone was just so excited to work!
Fun work environment
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta24 February 2014
Not enough work, poor communication with management. No benefits as we are signed as contractors, pay is alright but certainly lower than competing marketing agencies.
Pros
Fun, hands on, interactive
Cons
slow sales at times, not enough shifts, no benefits
Match Marketing Rocks!!
Sales and Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 August 2013
I have been working with Match since 2006. They have very flexible hours and really great management.
Pros
Learn alot about new products.
Cons
They don't deduct taxes, so make sure you save some money for taxes :)