Match Marketing Employee Reviews

Pretty good
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Experience at match has been pleasant for the most part. The only negatives I have to say about this company is that the coordinators are very unorganized.
very shady
LG brand promoter (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 November 2018
thought i was about to be apart of a honest forth coming company turns out i wasn't very shady two faced stuff. Single mother of three left high and dry with no job with one warning no explanation or clarification of any sort. And i'm painted as the bad employee when i was even written up once. Sad world we live in when adult cant even act or deal with other accordingly.
Table Tennis
Misunderstanding
People skill
No smoking
Hardworking
Don't be late coming to work
Finish work before going home
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Overtime if nessary
No benefits, somewhat flexible hours.
Projects Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2018
This job has irregular hours with no guaranty of hours. Upward mobility is severely limited by where you live. In Ontario it is much better than anywhere else in the country.
Pros
Hours are moderately flexible.
Cons
No benefits, no hours guaranteed.
okay place to work.
Project Coordinator for Alberta and BC (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2018
the job at Match was great a first and was a lot of fun then as management changed so did the expectations and moral. the job was still fun but a different direction and reduction of hours and no Job security forced staff away.
No support and very stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
Super stressful place to work. Barely any support for managers from upper management and a ton of stress to put on your plate. You are not compensated nearly enough for what they demand of you.
Pros
Discount on phone plan
Cons
Work to life balance is terrible, employee turnover is high due to poor compensation, hardly any support from upper managment.
Read the reviews and take them SERIOUSLY
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Ontario13 September 2018
I am very disappointed with my time at Match.

I read all these reviews but I thought it couldn't be that bad, especially considering it's my position (Brand Ambassador). I thought, "It's only one day, how could it go wrong?"

The job itself was fine, and I had a lot of fun and was very successful, talking to many people and making connections. Even leading up to the event, I didn't have too much trouble communicating with the Match team and heard back in pretty quickly when I would email my questions. I was a bit concerned when I signed an "independent contractor agreement" but I disregarded it.

The problems came up after, for the most part. Leading up to the event, I got daily emails pretty much. But after that, radio silence. I emailed them photos of the event as they asked, but I didn't hear back which I thought was weird, but understandable. After nearly two weeks of nothing, I got sick of waiting and sent an email to ask about my pay and the next event. I was told I would be working for at LEAST two events, and the next scheduled one was right around the corner so I wanted to know what the heck was going on. I thought I would have at least some job security, even if it was one day a month. I was a big fool.

I heard back a few days later saying that there would be a two week turnover before I got paid, which ticked me off but all my jobs have had biweekly pay so I got over it. I waited another week before sending another email, since it had been 3 weeks since the event. I asked for the status of my pay, and didn't bother asking about future events because I'd
  more... rather not deal with them ever again.

No reply, but a mysterious deposit has been made in my account. The pay is.... ridiculously incorrect. They paid me far under what they told me my wage would be. I should've taken all those warnings much more seriously. I can't be bothered to argue with these people. It just seems like a big corporate scheme to me. Why else would they sign you on as independent contractors if not to avoid paying taxes? By all means I was an employee. Whatever.

Try not to work here if you can, best of luck to you if you do. I hope there are people who do well here.
Pros
If you are passionate about the brand you're working for, it's great!
Cons
Literally everything else
Terrible management
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick25 July 2018
Lack of communication. Unsatisfactory, horrible interactions with people,use your own money for expenses. Employee entrapment. Not willing to teach employees knowledge of job.
Pros
Friendly customers
Aucun encadrement
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2018
Par ou commencer! La compagnie la plus desorganisé que j'ai vue. Aucune formation , communication entre employé et dirigeant presque inexistant. Horaire désorganisé. Il change votre horaire le matin même sans avertissement et pas de garantie d'heures. Beaucoup de route a faire et le kilometrage le plus ridicule que j'ai vu. Travaille assez endormant et toujours la même chose . difficile d'être motiver pour aller travailler. Assez exigeant et dirigeant toujours mecontent. Emploi a prendre si vous être VRAIMENT mal pris.
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Assurance trop dispendieuse, dirigeant trop exigeant, travail monotone
Not a great place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
A lot of favortism, rude management, no direction and people are very selfish. They're never straight with you and put you in positions where you can feel unsafe at work. They simply don't care about you.
Pros
Cons
don't respect people
Fun Part-time work
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
worked at match marketing as a brand ambassador, the pay is good and so is the organization of the promotions. Only downside is that there is not much promos happening during certain times of the year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not much work
Great Opportunity
Brand Ambassador (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 May 2018
This was a great opportunity to connect with the local community and those curling fans that came in from out of town/out of country. The team I was working with were all fantastic, management included.
Dead store
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Having very little traffic in an isolated area allows for much reflection on one's current standing in their lives. To relish the fact that they are getting paid despite having stayed at the exact same spot for the past 20 minutes.
Dont waste your time.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Always late with pay. Pay is poor compared to other brand ambassador jobs to begin with. Turnover rate high, management info operative, do not care for their employees, and forever changing too.
Never knew what the commission was supposed to be, as they changed it 3x in the 6 months I worked there. They make you pay for your own milk to be "reimbursed" for it later. Which was often forgotten on the paycheck. Nothing short of a ridiculous company. I will never work for match again after working this gig.
Fun workplace
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
Set up and take down booth
Contract position
Work with energy efficient products
Lots of independence
Great managers
Very accommodating
Get to talk to lots of people
Merchandiser (Hardware) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
I've had dozens of jobs, worked in hundreds of places. I never had a problem at MATCH that I couldn't make right that I didn't make myself.

Yes, I worked as a Team Lead for Match Marketing. I spent a lot of time completing surveys, capturing metrics, reporting, solutions, sometimes changes and often enough challenges. I spent a lot of time asking questions. Questions like: Are we still doing this procedure? What is the priority of these two different urgent last minute items?
The interpersonal aspect of the work was rewarding. I enjoyed identifying skills of team members and allowing them to work in the areas where they will be most effective.
Cons
Demanding Work
merchandising base
Part-time-varied (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON14 January 2018
a good place to learn how to read a planogram, for cosmetics, some dm's are great, some aren't a lot of favoritism to some independent contractors,
working with-in shoppers drug marts, and Walmarts Rexall and other type locations,
L'oreal is their main company we do the 3rd party work for
you don't have to deal with the consumer, you are there to do the reline,
you meet a lot of people work has busy weeks then there's nothing, you have to either have another income you can't survive on this position solely, having a car is a must or able to access transit easily
Pros
good people, and training, new skill sets
Cons
feast or famine on working availability
Not great!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina area12 January 2018
Good work, poor management. Dont always reimburse you for your expenses in full. When your sick or make a mistake, they hold it against you. Work part is good.
Pros
Fun work, hours are not bad
Cons
Poor management
Super
Associé aux ventes au détail Nespresso (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2018
Une des choses les plus difficiles, c'est de retenir le speech de vente, mais malgré cela tout ce passe très bien.
Pros
Salaire
Very face paced environment, people are friendly, not managed very well though
National Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
Once management switched over it became all about the money and less about the work or environment. The marketing portion of the business is not something I'm familiar with, but the retail branch offers many opportunities to learn the business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.