Match Marketing Employee Reviews

Nespresso Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2018
This is a good place to work even though this evaluation would be vary based on the position that you apply.The initial training was very good to understand the whole structure of your position
Pros
Job flexibility, good training course, and fair evaluation
Cons
Unstable salary
No support and very stressful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 September 2018
Super stressful place to work. Barely any support for managers from upper management and a ton of stress to put on your plate. You are not compensated nearly enough for what they demand of you.
Pros
Discount on phone plan
Cons
Work to life balance is terrible, employee turnover is high due to poor compensation, hardly any support from upper managment.
No benefits, somewhat flexible hours.
Projects Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 October 2018
This job has irregular hours with no guaranty of hours. Upward mobility is severely limited by where you live. In Ontario it is much better than anywhere else in the country.
Pros
Hours are moderately flexible.
Cons
No benefits, no hours guaranteed.
Very Unorganized Company Overall - WOW! Mobile
Sales Specialist/ Manager-On-Duty (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2019
This company's brand is continuously diminished by the lack of customer service ability provided through the poor training methods received. New Sales reps are given minimal floor experience and are transitioned out of the company under 2 months of joining.

A lack of professional leadership and guidance along with unethical sales practices has led to WOW! Mobile's terrible brand name as well. Managers are forced to reprimand their sales reps unless they corner employees into purchasing hiked up rate plans.

2/10 company, would not recommend for part-time, full-time, or career advancement opportunities
Pros
You get hourly pay
Cons
Literally everything else
Mobile Boutique side is wonderful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada7 November 2017
Match has multiple businesses through the company. When looking to see if this is the right company for you, please keep that in mind.
The Mobile side (WOW! Mobile Boutique) is a great place to work. Great work environment, fantastic communication with head office employees, good commission structure, benefits for FT employees, lots of focus on training and Promotions knowledge.
We have offers that other companies do not receive on their devices as well.
Our focus is the whole Customer Experience, offering a non biased service, which I love about the company.
I see a lot of negative reviews on here, however they are not towards the company that Match is a parent company to; WOW! Mobile.
Pros
Benefits, contests, commission, communication
okay place to work.
Project Coordinator for Alberta and BC (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2018
the job at Match was great a first and was a lot of fun then as management changed so did the expectations and moral. the job was still fun but a different direction and reduction of hours and no Job security forced staff away.
Great start for sales driven people
Product Demonstrator (Nespresso coffee machines) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2019
Wonderful team all around. Everyone is extremely friendly, understanding, and supportive. The hours are flexible and there is plenty of room for growth.
While working the sales floor, it may be a little boring and dull if the location you have been assigned isn't busy. Overall though, I have learned so much with the help of Match Marketing and I highly recommend them.
Pros
Supportive Team, Flexible Hours, Incentives
Cons
Short shifts
Bad Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2018
constantly asked for supplies, never got a reply. Unorganized and last minute changes to schedule which lead to showing up for shifts that i was not scheduled for.
Pros
drink coffee
Cons
bad management
very shady
LG brand promoter (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 November 2018
thought i was about to be apart of a honest forth coming company turns out i wasn't very shady two faced stuff. Single mother of three left high and dry with no job with one warning no explanation or clarification of any sort. And i'm painted as the bad employee when i was even written up once. Sad world we live in when adult cant even act or deal with other accordingly.
Semi-casual workplace, flexible hours, not much garuntee for hours
Independent Contractor - merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
This position is great for flexible hours and relaxed wardrobe.
The work is pretty straight forward but gets repetitive pretty quickly.
There are things that will go wrong when working on a wall but can usually be handled day of.
Not too much hands on training, either you get it or you don't.
Pay is decent but raises are hard to come by.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual attire, straight forward duties, working alone
Cons
No garuntee of hours, not too much infield direction. Working alone
good head office
Nespresso brand ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2019
as any other ambassador position, managers where power hungry and a little petty. I enjoyed working with my colleagues though. It's a transition position. not a perm.
Table Tennis
Misunderstanding
People skill
No smoking
Hardworking
Don't be late coming to work
Finish work before going home
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Overtime if nessary
Dont waste your time.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Always late with pay. Pay is poor compared to other brand ambassador jobs to begin with. Turnover rate high, management info operative, do not care for their employees, and forever changing too.
Never knew what the commission was supposed to be, as they changed it 3x in the 6 months I worked there. They make you pay for your own milk to be "reimbursed" for it later. Which was often forgotten on the paycheck. Nothing short of a ridiculous company. I will never work for match again after working this gig.
Aucun encadrement
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2018
Par ou commencer! La compagnie la plus desorganisé que j'ai vue. Aucune formation , communication entre employé et dirigeant presque inexistant. Horaire désorganisé. Il change votre horaire le matin même sans avertissement et pas de garantie d'heures. Beaucoup de route a faire et le kilometrage le plus ridicule que j'ai vu. Travaille assez endormant et toujours la même chose . difficile d'être motiver pour aller travailler. Assez exigeant et dirigeant toujours mecontent. Emploi a prendre si vous être VRAIMENT mal pris.
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Assurance trop dispendieuse, dirigeant trop exigeant, travail monotone
Pretty good
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
Experience at match has been pleasant for the most part. The only negatives I have to say about this company is that the coordinators are very unorganized.
Terrible management
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick25 July 2018
Lack of communication. Unsatisfactory, horrible interactions with people,use your own money for expenses. Employee entrapment. Not willing to teach employees knowledge of job.
Pros
Friendly customers
Awful Management
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 February 2019
During a meeting, other stores within the mall were used as examples as they were high volume stores (I believe the WOW I was at was b grade or c I don't know) to bring up numbers or find ways to get those customers and not let them "eat our dinner". Soon after that would be contradicted with stories about these other stores doing fraud sales constantly and illegitimately. So basically to increase sales, do fraud?

I've never felt closer to a high school bully dynamic since, well, high school.

Certain employees were condemned by groups of employees which left them isolated knowingly or not a favorite of management.

I was once finishing a sale and my manager thought it would be funny or connective with another employee to shadow me, and tell him quietly "watch, he's not going to do [insert thing you do when closing sale]"
Which I guess is a pretty good way to teach one employee in a mediocre way while taking another one down a peg for no reason, other than their own amusement.

I was there for 3 months (before leaving due to the toxic and unprofessional work environment) and I met with the district trainer (or something) and was told he comes up every so often to see how well each sales associate is doing with hitting their targets, But I recall the one time being an entire conversation about fantasy football or basketball or whatever. Which is cool and keeps a comfortable dynamic between the employees that are meant to be running ship, I guess. I was never taken aside to discuss any sales techniques or anything of the nature.

I won't say it was managed badly,
  more... just poorly.

Otherwise when I was alone, doing a sale, on lunch etc. It wasn't all that bad. Or when working with certain employees, that could be a good time as well.

The only person who I encountered that seemed to actually care about the longevity of the location I worked at was the district manager, and apparently he would watch the cameras to make sure you were working. As if fear mongering your employees would have people walk up to get a new phone on a plan.

They don't sell phones outright which you will get asked a lot. You're only signing people up to 2 year terms or PAYG or no term contracts. But don't expect to get far on chatr and freedom sim sales. It doesn't work that way.
Pros
Great rewards in commission
Cons
Poor management
Fun Part-time work
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
worked at match marketing as a brand ambassador, the pay is good and so is the organization of the promotions. Only downside is that there is not much promos happening during certain times of the year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not much work
Treated like and Independant Contractor when in fact your an employee
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 October 2016
Match is good if you have nowhere else to go and are desperate for a little money but do not make a career out of this place.
Management treat you like your an idiot consistently speak down to you and can make your life miserable.

Drive all over the place with little compensation
Call you an IC when your not.
Employees are okay some like everywhere else will stab you in the back the moment your back is turned.
Pros
None that I can think of
Unorganized
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 May 2017
This company confused me to no end. They couldn't get their hours straight, no one was ever available for questions, training was only several hours. The atmosphere and salary while working were great, but finding myself spending more time trying to get in contact with my boss than working I had to let this company go. It felt as if there was no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.