Match Marketing

Match Marketing Employee Reviews

Canada151 reviews
Great place to learn and grow. I found working culture is competitive where you found yourself always learning and having fun at the same time. Management is always there to guide and curve your path towards success.
Always work hard. A company who wants the minimum from their employees and do not want them to grow. It is definitely not a company you can rely on for your main job.
Match was a good environment to work, as I can located very far from head office, most communication was done online. Support was plenty, and the communication between the company and the brand I represented was very good. Unforunately due to Covid things didn't work out, but it was a very good time with my team from across Canada.
Pros
Fair pay, good compensation
Cons
Need to be a self-motivated individual
The main issue exist in the misrepresentation of employee vs independent worker status. Yet Match provides workers with schedules, place of work that are often different from week to week ; equipment, and inventory (coffee and everything necessary to prepare coffee) ; cleaning supplies and daily milk purchases are reimbursed. Also initial training and follow up or evolving training.
Pros
Potential is there despite negative independent worker issues
Cons
No benefits or tax deductions that must be paid come income tax!
I've worked at Match for almost five years now between both retail field and head office store support operations. The common theme throughout my time at the company as been a focus on people and culture and making sure that you and the people around you succeed.

I've seen the company grow and develop into something great over the last 5 years and the stars are only the limit going forward, I'd definitely recommend working with Match.
Match is a great place to work! The atmosphere is fun, entertaining, and productive all in one. The teams work well together and collaborate between one another to get the job done.
Pros
social activities, internal collaboration
WOW! mobile boutique have people working since inception and growing along with the company. The team really cares about the organization's objectives and works in collaboration.
The new leadership team at Match Marketing is transparent and cares about their employee's growth and development. What I also like is their openness to new ideas, recommendations and new technology leading to continuous improvement.

There is a lot more to do but they are on the right track!
I give koodo to Match Marketing for being a very compassionate company when it comes to have created a supporting and understanding culture and work environment. They acknowledge the importance of life and work balance to maintain mental health and in turn they reap the benefit of getting best work outputs and commitment from their staff. Very little companies don't get this right, they have this nailed.
Match also has a very advanced infrastructure, they were quickly able to easily transition working from home during the pandemic so seamlessly.

Leadership communication has greatly improved over the past year as well.
Pros
Extended 4 day spring summer weekends, bi-weekly summer BBQ's, fun celebration days, great benefits
Cons
A flexible company that will accommodate for life outside of the office.

Management is very supportive of decisions and includes you in decision-making processes

The CEO, Brian, is very transparent. During COVID-19 pandemic, he has been super clear with intentions and does weekly check-ins to stay engaged.

The culture at the Mississauga office is youthful and vibrant.
Pros
Summer BBQ's, Flexible hours
Match is a fun company with a lot of energy and a major focus on their people. Lots of opportunity for advancement and very open to feedback. I've always felt well supported by senior leadership and feel like the work I do is appreciated. Couldn't ask for more.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Match Marketing?
A company formed with great people.

There is always opportunity to be involved in different projects and learn new skills. The workplace office culture is in place to allow you to spread your wings and get work done while being heard and having fun.

Many social activities, Summer holiday paid time off, good social space.
The people were good to work with but were very competitive and there was a lot of gossip. No job security with very low pay. The departments never collaborated with each other and there was always high turnover.
Entreprise pour du temps partiel seulement ou presque..
Focus on your responsibility and the days go quick.
Great social interactions with co-workers.

not physically demanding.

Management keep the atmosphere lite but focus on responsibilities.

Work can be tedious.
focus on your responsibility and the days go quick.
Great social interactions with co-workers.

not physically demanding.

Management keep the atmosphere lite but focus on responsibilities.

Work can be tedious.

Contracts are short so another part time job with flexibility may be needed. Lots of travel, but we know our destinations well in advance. Extra night stay at hotels are paid for if required because of weather. Our travelling safety is a high priority. Meal allowance is sufficient.
The client tends to be standoffish and it is important to engage them at the onset This job is not so much of a service but an important link for the client (store/venue) to showcase the product line of the source client(brand/company).the merchandiser lays out the infrastructure of the product line using planograms .time management and organization are key.
Poorly managed. Always reactive and never proactive. No job/work life balance. Bonuses were promised but never paid out. No quarterly reviews on overall sales, targets and processes.
Un emploi bien balancer pour nimporte qui. Peu avoir cest haut et cest bas. Tous est dans le marchandisage. Placage et facing du magasin. Une bonne oportunier.
I am a senior and was berated by a young person I do not take that kind of talk from anyone I guess I let him know in no uncertain terms so he called his mommy
They challenged me with tasks and set ups of booths and different events. They allowed me to show myself and them what I’m really capable of. Loved it
What ever was asked to implement or requested by Team Lead - was followed up, without hesitation.
I supported the programs required by MatchMG - in Merchandising, Plan-O-Grams etc.

I enjoyed working with the MatchMG employees
Pros
I enjoyed the results of Merchandising for increasing Customer Sales, with clean sellable products and stores
Cons
Really nothing!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7