Match Marketing Employee Reviews

Aucun encadrement
Marchandiseur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 June 2018
Par ou commencer! La compagnie la plus desorganisé que j'ai vue. Aucune formation , communication entre employé et dirigeant presque inexistant. Horaire désorganisé. Il change votre horaire le matin même sans avertissement et pas de garantie d'heures. Beaucoup de route a faire et le kilometrage le plus ridicule que j'ai vu. Travaille assez endormant et toujours la même chose . difficile d'être motiver pour aller travailler. Assez exigeant et dirigeant toujours mecontent. Emploi a prendre si vous être VRAIMENT mal pris.
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Assurance trop dispendieuse, dirigeant trop exigeant, travail monotone
Fun Part-time work
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 May 2018
worked at match marketing as a brand ambassador, the pay is good and so is the organization of the promotions. Only downside is that there is not much promos happening during certain times of the year.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not much work
Great Opportunity
Brand Ambassador (Team Lead) (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON4 May 2018
This was a great opportunity to connect with the local community and those curling fans that came in from out of town/out of country. The team I was working with were all fantastic, management included.
Dead store
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Having very little traffic in an isolated area allows for much reflection on one's current standing in their lives. To relish the fact that they are getting paid despite having stayed at the exact same spot for the past 20 minutes.
Dont waste your time.
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 April 2018
Always late with pay. Pay is poor compared to other brand ambassador jobs to begin with. Turnover rate high, management info operative, do not care for their employees, and forever changing too.
Never knew what the commission was supposed to be, as they changed it 3x in the 6 months I worked there. They make you pay for your own milk to be "reimbursed" for it later. Which was often forgotten on the paycheck. Nothing short of a ridiculous company. I will never work for match again after working this gig.
Fun workplace
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 April 2018
Set up and take down booth
Contract position
Work with energy efficient products
Lots of independence
Great managers
Very accommodating
Get to talk to lots of people
Merchandiser (Hardware) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 March 2018
I've had dozens of jobs, worked in hundreds of places. I never had a problem at MATCH that I couldn't make right that I didn't make myself.

Yes, I worked as a Team Lead for Match Marketing. I spent a lot of time completing surveys, capturing metrics, reporting, solutions, sometimes changes and often enough challenges. I spent a lot of time asking questions. Questions like: Are we still doing this procedure? What is the priority of these two different urgent last minute items?
The interpersonal aspect of the work was rewarding. I enjoyed identifying skills of team members and allowing them to work in the areas where they will be most effective.
Cons
Demanding Work
merchandising base
Part-time-varied (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON14 January 2018
a good place to learn how to read a planogram, for cosmetics, some dm's are great, some aren't a lot of favoritism to some independent contractors,
working with-in shoppers drug marts, and Walmarts Rexall and other type locations,
L'oreal is their main company we do the 3rd party work for
you don't have to deal with the consumer, you are there to do the reline,
you meet a lot of people work has busy weeks then there's nothing, you have to either have another income you can't survive on this position solely, having a car is a must or able to access transit easily
Pros
good people, and training, new skill sets
Cons
feast or famine on working availability
Not great!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Regina area12 January 2018
Good work, poor management. Dont always reimburse you for your expenses in full. When your sick or make a mistake, they hold it against you. Work part is good.
Pros
Fun work, hours are not bad
Cons
Poor management
Super
Associé aux ventes au détail Nespresso (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 January 2018
Une des choses les plus difficiles, c'est de retenir le speech de vente, mais malgré cela tout ce passe très bien.
Pros
Salaire
Very face paced environment, people are friendly, not managed very well though
National Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
Once management switched over it became all about the money and less about the work or environment. The marketing portion of the business is not something I'm familiar with, but the retail branch offers many opportunities to learn the business.
Just about ok
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
Fun place to work but, leaders are not invested in your personal growth. Experience is completely dependent on external factors, no 2 recruiters will have the same experience within the same role even though it should be the same.
Pros
parties, lunches, team culture
Cons
no succession planning, no leadership
Mobile Boutique side is wonderful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada7 November 2017
Match has multiple businesses through the company. When looking to see if this is the right company for you, please keep that in mind.
The Mobile side (WOW! Mobile Boutique) is a great place to work. Great work environment, fantastic communication with head office employees, good commission structure, benefits for FT employees, lots of focus on training and Promotions knowledge.
We have offers that other companies do not receive on their devices as well.
Our focus is the whole Customer Experience, offering a non biased service, which I love about the company.
I see a lot of negative reviews on here, however they are not towards the company that Match is a parent company to; WOW! Mobile.
Pros
Benefits, contests, commission, communication
needs improvement
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 October 2017
This was a boarder-line abusive agency who's management team isn't looking to improve the flaws of the system which is why most of their accounts see very high turnover.
I've been with Match for years, they're pretty good
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
I love Match. The culture is great, the teams are generally great,and the work itself is a breeze. The only drawback for me is that full time work is unlikely with Match, which is a double-edged sword; I'd have difficulty sticking around because I need full time work, but working full time with Match (through advancement) requires that you stick around through the dry patches. All in all, Match is great.
Semi-casual workplace, flexible hours, not much garuntee for hours
Independent Contractor - merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
This position is great for flexible hours and relaxed wardrobe.
The work is pretty straight forward but gets repetitive pretty quickly.
There are things that will go wrong when working on a wall but can usually be handled day of.
Not too much hands on training, either you get it or you don't.
Pay is decent but raises are hard to come by.
Pros
Flexible hours, casual attire, straight forward duties, working alone
Cons
No garuntee of hours, not too much infield direction. Working alone
Great
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS14 September 2017
Loved working for the company. Great environment from manager. Getting to work around the province was fyn and getting to work in different stores with different people helps to build confidence.
Pros
Working with different people
Cons
Travel
Nespresso Coffee Specialist - Do not apply for it-
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2017
Worked there for around 2 years. It was great in 2015 when the team lead and team members actually cared about making sales and work together as a team.

Since 2016, the team lead left and new hired team leads (changed countless time through my stay in the company) were forcing their own selling methods and work style on the team. Lack of communication and understanding which drove many well-trained, good ethic staff to leave. New hires are given very poor training and lack the drive to sell machines. Unclear sales goal and no career advancement.

There are better jobs out there that pay same / above for the work they put you through as their brand ambassador. Other company do offer a set schedule and won't randomly cancel your shift last minute.
Pros
good student job
Cons
everything
De la logistique
Coordonnateur (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC21 August 2017
En tant que superviseur des stock au nouveau magasin de Mirabel, j'ai du m'adapter à une nouvelle gestion et surtout une nouvelle culture de la mode qui m'a motivé à chercher des solutions aux nombreux problèmes reliés au stock et aux livraisons.
Unorganized
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS19 May 2017
This company confused me to no end. They couldn't get their hours straight, no one was ever available for questions, training was only several hours. The atmosphere and salary while working were great, but finding myself spending more time trying to get in contact with my boss than working I had to let this company go. It felt as if there was no room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Match Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.