Mastronardi Produce

Mastronardi Produce Employee Reviews

Canada54 reviews
Midnight shift review
In my experience working on midnight's there's no one around that actually cares about what's going on .The team lead (who is now a supervisor) will ask for your number and if you wanna be his girlfriend within a week of you working there. If your a girl you will be constantly sexualized especially if you are white. Easy job but not worth the harrassment . HR has been told multiple times they dont care
Competitive Work Place
It was a fun place to work but at peak it was very busy and fast paced work place during peak times. Christmas party was awesome and that gusture was grwat
The ratings speak for themselves.
The ratings speak for themselves, I don't think there's anything else I can add that would indicate how I would describe working there. Turnover is high.
job culture
i my company all worker are friendly nature and help full always work as a team. they always give respect to each other. i like my job and i recommend all my friend to join my company.
productive fun environment
good place to work except when on midnights
respectful company to work for

supervisor joy was the nastiest person i ever met or worked with

would recommend otherwise
Good
Had a wonderful time in my year of employment and sunset produce
Great work environment many friendly people Good work place however many positions under paid for more work
Okay to work for but don't aspire to this
The company has exploded in growth over the last few years and the warehouse has done little to keep up. Space is limited and valuable, forklift drivers are trained to use the machine but not how to competently perform their duties. You will likely work six days a week and on a one week swing shift. pay is middle of the road however, they offer a decent benefits program after 90 days that makes up for the lower pay. This job is okay, the work is pretty easy but mind numbingly repetitive. An okay filler job but do not aspire to be a career forklift driver.
Pros
laid back atmosphere
Cons
Limited space and an increasing forklift fleet
friendy place for work
I love to work there because the environment of work is very friendly as well as the supervisor are very nice and coordinated. the co-workers are very cooperative.
Worst job of my life
So many things that I was told by management were not accurate. I was told in my interview that there are 5 personal days; there are only 3. I was told that overtime would be minimal; I've never worked so much overtime in my entire career. I expressed my concerns with my position and was told that I could move into another role within the company. I was surprised they were actually willing to work with me on that, but I should have gotten it in writing. Later, they said they had 'reassessed and there was no longer a role for me there', after I had already turned down 2 other job offers.

In Finance, 2 weeks of each month includes significant overtime. Turnover is ridiculously high, and there is no communication from management/HR when people leave or start. They try to impress you with the free bin of produce each week, the free snacks, and the onsite gym. But it's all a facade to cover up a toxic work culture.
Pros
Onsite gym, free snacks and produce, good compensation
Cons
Toxic work culture, ridiculously long hours
Productive place
a good place to work, strict to rules and regulations.
People are wonderful i work with. I have a great team. I wouldn't leave unless i got a higher position
Wonderful bosses who understand work and family balance
Benefits
Cons
Id like to get paid more for what I do
Homophobic
I've worked there for 10 years. I had to deal with homophobic comments and mockery. Also by the time I left I still made the starting wage. The management is terrible. They don't care about there employees.
Not a very nice place to work. Didn't think of their employees
Myself it was good because of my boss she was awesome. I felt bad for the ones working on the lines. They were disrespected as far as I'm concerned. The leadhands would scream at them. Also everything was a hug rush then they wondered why there were mistakes
Pros
I had a amazing boss
Cons
No appreciation from the company
New experience of life
The hardest part of the job is long time standing shift in very cool temperature. The most enjoyable part is coordination with workers and supervisors.
Cons
cool temperature
last resort for money
We signed up for work here for a few months before moving to London. No one else wanted to hire for two months so as a last resort decided to work here. Holly Hannah was that a bad idea.

shifts are 6am to 3pm and the ONLY good thing about this place is that it's 5 degrees in the packaging area. great for summer. our first shift was spent trying to find the supervisor as instructed they are in the cafeteria before you start. count find them. The other staff either count understand when saying who is the supervisor or just didn't want to help you.

We found the supervisor on the factory floor and after some time wasting got put to work. no set location to work. just stand at a post and peppers a come down the line to pack into bags.

Supervisors give instructions by yelling only once if you don't hear it you have to see what others do asking leads to shaming by supervisors.

would not work here ever again. avoid this place. really tense angry supervisor environment
Pros
nill, just weekly on time pay
Cons
everything. like a prison
worst experience of my life
To anyone considering working here, or even doing business with these people; DONT. From the very top to all levels of management (which change all the time) there is no skill or understanding how to work with people without breaking them down psychologically, emotionally, and even physically.
A typical work day is impossible to describe as your signed contract means nothing based on your workload, doesnt matter how many times you get details of your responsibilities, this will change

The only time any one in management will treat you remotely decently is in an attempt to exclude or hurt someone else

From day one not knowing anyone you will be treated like the grownup versions of the worst high school bullies

The terrible atmosphere creates a lot of delays for work, making even basic levels of efficiency nearly impossible

Every single employee on every level is angry and bitter, this comes out in all aspects of the work which would make me nervous to even eat their vegetables as people are being abused so regularly I doubt they are able to do their jobs safely

The hardest part of the job was every second of every day

The most enjoyable part of the job was quitting...which MANY people do
Pros
Literally Nothing
Cons
abusive management, lies about pay, unpaid overtime, emotional abuse
Safety and clean workplace
Very easy job, but need your patient and responsibility. The work place is very clean and everyone need to wear work clothes. The restroom has microwave which is used to heat your food .
Good Place to Work
I like midnight supervisors
a fast-paced work environment

a management system is good

break times are also sufficient

early signouts are the worst part.
Stay away
No matter what’s going on or why you may be considering this, don’t. Toxic doesn’t begin to cover each corner of this place. No one is happy, not one person. Miserable place w no possibility of growth or even sustainability
Pros
The harassment is generally only psychological
Cons
Widely spread Productive Workplace.
Good cultural environment to work into.
The best management i have ever seen.

Hardest thing working there is when you have to stack the packed produce ( specially for Men).
nice workplace
This is a fun workplace too. I have met a lot of people with different race and culture but despite that we get along and communicate well. workmate are fun.