Mastermind Toys

Mastermind Toys Employee Reviews

Canada241 reviews
The best place I have ever worked. The people were kind, I learned a ton, and I was welcomed with open arms. I made life long friends and I will always cherish my time there.
had only started working there for a short time when the head manager at the oakville location made working there awful, she was so picky and rude to myself and our co-workers AND CUSTOMERS! Total control freak and was super impatient especially to someone who was still unsure and needed training. My advice, dont put up with a bad boss just for minimum wage who gives you anxiety before you even go in for your shift. she also said that sick days werent allowed unless you already had you shift covered which im pretty sure is not legal by the company's rules and just overall she was the reason i left. everyone else working there was super nice and supportive though which was great but i couldnt handle working for a bully. management = 0 stars!!
Pros
understanding coworkers
Cons
horrible management
Great workplace for seasonal staff. Efficient training. Great customers who want to make kids happy. Not difficult to find suggestions as store is well stocked.
Mastermind is an excellent place to work. Lots of great people, Customers are warm and friendly. The work is fun and exciting. The company cares about their employees and creates a wonderful culture of learning and care.
I love working hereThis is an amazing job fun love working with the kids amazing coworkers decent management the only thing that I didn’t like is no benefits. Sometimes there is lack of hours depending on sales
Typical day at work was really fun and fast paced , Wrapping gifts , Showing kids how the toys worked.
Working till systems

Answering phone calls

Cleaning
Spent a short time with this company and they were a very warm bunch. I learned a lot about inventory management. I think they could do a better job managing their temporary workers. The atmosphere is always very conducive to productivity in their warehouses.
Pros
- Fun, lighthearted environment

- Great coworkers

- Knowledgable, engaged management

- Rewards / perks for meeting goals

- Good work / life balance

Cons

- Limited hours available

- Some rules are a little strict for a toy store, but nothing unreasonable
it was a fun workplace as I learned many skills from cashier and customer service. But they offer a temporary work first, then you may get a another job if you performed well at work
Fun to work if your a sales associate. If your looking to be a manager don't. The pay sucks and it is not worth the stress. One DM for 20+ stores means no support. No fun even if it is in a toy store,
Even though this was only a seasonal position it provided a an opportunity to hone my customer service skills. The questions and inquiries were constantly changing.
Loved it here while I was in school fun place to earn money on the side, would recommend to anyone in high school or needling a part time gig to make extra money
Working here was honestly a blast. The team was wonderful, the management was amazing. When if was slow, we'd play games. We were on a rotating schedule every shift so you were never stuck doing the same task for long - greeting, cash, gift wrapping, stock, etc. Breaks were distributed fairly and hours were easily accommodated to suit your needs. You were given a good discount - 30% - and yearly raises but it was only a raise of about 10 cents.
Some setbacks. Stock management around the holidays was atrocious, with the amount of boxes and overstock causing hazards. Upper management didn't see the necessity in supplying proper cleaning supplies, providing Ozone Water to clean everything - including the toilets which children peed all over - and we were expected to clean everything with that.
Great place to work I loved all my coworkers creat communication and everyone tried to give the best service possible I love mastermind toys winnipeg!!!!
Heavy pressure to make daily sale goals. Management demeaning and play favorites. Do not encourage independent thought or doing work without direction. You do as told and do not deviate from your instruction. Very stressful environment at minimum wage.
Great place to work. I learned many new skills. Good work life balance. Company is very generous and fair with the employees.
Moved out of the area and am now looking for something closer to home.

Will
Fun environment, great management and team atmosphere.
Get to play with toys in store while working with customers.

Great customer service at all times, makes sure you are comfortable but also learning.
Stocking, sales, customer services, If needed on cash, you may be a back up cashier, or strictly on cash on a busy day.
I learned about stocking shelves by category.

Management is unsupportive.

Retail games and toys.

Multitasking.

Reading about the games on the shelved so you can help the customer discover a new fun game or activity for their children.
Cons
Manager does not communicate, or give support at work. You won't get any praises from her, especially if you have a learning disability.
I applied for a part time position at Mastemind Toys and was very excited cause the head manager was super nice and really sweet. Got my hours and I got 12 a week which wasn’t awful for part time but still not a lot. Then on my first day they told me to go home early on a 4 hour shift (this happened multiple times and eventually i started volunteering myself to go home cause i knew it was going to happen.) This is the job for you if you only want to make less than 200$ every two weeks.
Working here during the busy Christmas season was fun. Met many new friends everyone was nice and friendly. Managers were fun and always willing to help
Really enjoyed this job and only left for a significant promotion. People were great and the stores are fun environments. There is always lots to see and do and their approach to customer service is great.
Pros
Great company and staff
Cons
Repetitive Music