Masterfeeds

Masterfeeds Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
not a company interested in the individual. Head office is greatly influenced by the local managers and not the feedback from the hourly paid workers.
Management is experienced in the field of work, pushing their staff to learn and improve every day. They are flexible to your lifestyle to allow working around home life or school, offering many different shifts. Typically working in teams of only 2, you work fairly independently but you will receive ample training before being expected to be independent.
I have been there for a few years now when I first started the place was not ran very well seem to be alot of confusion in all parts office wearhouse production area since the new management has taken over there has been lots of changes the place is running constantly through out the year most of the old useless staff has been let go and we work as a group now instead of individuals this is a fun place to work and I look forward to going to work again
Now pay is very good for Regina and for what we do when things run smooth it's easy work but when thing need to be done you earn your money I would recommend this mill to anyone looking for a changeling job
Pros
Great management team
Cons
Little on the dirty side but working and getting is better
I would start the day by doing filing for the other receptionists. Then continue to file the invoices needed for the day. Including any other office tasks they needed me to help with to cover for whoever had time off at the time.
i had a interview and the supervisor mike was such an gasshole..plus who wants to stink like animal feed for 16 dollars per hour. keep looking this place is not for anyone
Pros
Cons
everything
Wouldn’t advise anyone to work here the manger has no clue whats going on or how to run the place ignores every safety issue the place has poor unsafe work environment several farm animals have died due to there feed
Cons
Dangerous place to work
The management here was very obnoxious and controlling. Production supervisor did nothing and did not know how to operate the computer system. The work day was good but favoritism was given to the males in the building.
It is a Good place to work. It has a Good team to work with. There is Lots of team work and individually. It is easy to get along with management. They have Good schedules.
I have applied here on multiple occasions, both in person and online, upstairs, and downstairs. I have been told by multiple employees I would be an asset here, however management only hires friends or family. It is very irritating to go in here to even shop and have clueless employees trying to help you as they don't know anything about livestock or tack. Its about time new management was brought in, so qualified employees could have a chance at working here.
I DO NOT REQUIRE WORKING THERE. It was good hours but it was a unsafe work place that was poorly manage, everything broke all the time, its not a good place to work
Applied for a job with this company several times and never got an answer back. I have lots of years in agriculture and retail. Something tells me that they would hire their friends and family before experienced people.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
i just started at this feed mill and have QUIT already because the other day a couple of weeks ago we loaded a truck with feed and it was full of ergot ,so i told the manager what had happened with the ergot in the feed and was told to never mind what he was shipping , so if this is called a company i hope it all burns down with this wannabe manager that treats his imployees like that and for screwing a farm for the product that he accepted in ti be unloaded it was made very clear that he was the manager and any concerns to what he was doing to the feed was none of our business , so i quit and then informed the farmer from my own phone what went down and what was in the product
Pros
absolutely none
Cons
a manager that has screwed every farmer
The fire alarm was broken for three months. Management knew this but didn't do anything.
The budget for machine repairs was significantly lower than the amount needed to keep the machines in safe, working condition.
I wish the plant was still open. Very well organized. great training, great group of guys with lots of exp. love to promote for within. one down side was the union that was the main reason the plant closed.
Cons
union
I really enjoyed that position and really enjoyed the coworkers. the labor was not challenging and was not excessive. definitely a position ill miss.
I worked there for 7 months it was great at first was "guaranteed" hours payed weekly. Then it started going downhill, zero training, zero teamwork, management lied at audits, cooked the books, cared about production and nothing else. Then when it's slow instead of layoffs they cut a couple people's hours to the point of being unable to live all to give extra hours to others. Feed was messed up daily and management yelled at the wrong people staff who had nothing to do with the mess up. They are more than willing to throw you under the bus even other low level grunts will screw something up and put the blame on someone else. Wouldn't work or buy anything there again.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor management, lack of communication and teamwork
Terrible management team that tries to screw you on your wages, benefits and rights at every corner.
By far the most cold hearted company I have ever worked for.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything. Lack of safety, production is #1, safety is #2
Masterfeeds was an awesome place to work, I was a temp there for 6 months and they all treated me like I was a regular employee, part of the team. Everyone, right down to the management was a joy to work with, even month end was fun. they even had a get together when my time was up and gave me a copy of the wonderful painting they have hanging in the front lobby...that alone tells you this is a company that really cares about the people who work there ..temps or not..
Pros
a real people place..everyone is awesome to work with.
Cons
nothing, other than twas a shame i was only a temp!
Well organized work enviornment that had a variety of challenges everyday. I learned about the various feed types for all types of farm animals as well as how to operate a scale and truck loading systems. Being a small mill we were a tight group of employees. The hardest part of the job was if anything went wrong, there was alot of shovelling invovlved! Knowing that I was a part of bringing food to the tables of people was very rewarding.
Pros
being part of bringing food to your table
Cons
not steady all year round
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Masterfeeds. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6