Massilly North America Inc. Employee Reviews

Stay Away
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 October 2018
In the interview process you are sold on how fantastic and caring this place is, unfortunately that couldn't be farther from the truth. If you have anything to say HR will just find a way to fire you.

Management never comes out to the floor unless they are taking a customer on a tour and then they act super friendly. The work isn't hard but is shift work. There are better places in Brantford to find a job.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Stay away
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 September 2018
This place promises you a compnay you can grow with and advance but they dont actually offer that to everyone, chosen few will get the perks. Especially if you speak well of the managers and suck up to supervisors.
Top management is clueless and useless, they are bullies who only care about themself.
No one listens to you, not supervisors, not manager and definitely not HR.
Pros
Good guys on the floor
Cons
Shifts are bad, Favoritism, bad management, no training or room for growth
Stay away from here
Plant employee (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 September 2018
Managers will tell you how good this place is, but they have no clue about what its like to be on the floor.
Getting pizza sometimes doe not make up for the fact that this place is not a good place to work!
Benefits and pay are nothing special either!
There are lots of places hiring in Brantford, so go there I did and it was the best choice I ever made.
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 September 2018
I have been with Massilly for 6 years and can truly say this is a great place to work. The company is forward thinking and is constantly investing in new technology, new machines and most importantly, investing time in their employees. There are opportunities for advancement within the organization. The company culture is friendly, respectful and team orientated. Everyone wants you to succeed!
Pros
Great management, profit share, benefits, pizza days
Stay clear!!!
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 September 2018
Really don't have too many good things to say. The people on the plant floor are top notch. Management needs an overhaul asap! They need to understand the people on the floor are the heart of their business.
Health and Safety really needs to be looked at. Heard from an ex co- worker that the Health and Safety Leader resigned after less than year of being there.
Pros
8 hrs.
Cons
Management and Production Supervisors.
So much favoritism
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford13 September 2018
If you are liked by the supervisors you will have a good time working here, if not you are SOL
They only care about those employees who tell them how great the place is.
The job itself isnt horrible, not fun but its work so you do it. Its the managers and office people who think they are better than everyone makes this place bad.
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2018
I've been with Massilly for 5 years now and the thing I noticed most of all was the fact that people don't need to have someone hovering over them to get their work done here. There is a lot of comradery and employees work together. Our supervisors are fair and as long as you can behave like a grown up you are treated as such. It does get a bit hot in the plant during the summer but it's never been a problem for anyone to go cool off for a bit in the breakroom. Massilly NA prides itself on being a safe environment and safety procedures need to be followed closely. Massilly does a lot of hiring within so there is always a chance to move up the payscale. Just like any other successful business you need to pay attention to what you're doing because our customers expect a quality product and we always make sure they get just that. Massilly offers decent pay, benefits, a pension plan and yearly profit sharing bonuses. Company paid golf tournament a summer barbeque and regular "pizza days" for hitting production targets are pluses. We have quarterly production meetings where we are acknowledged for the hard work we do and they usually go hand in hand with a no lost time gift of some sort. Dont get me wrong, there is some complaining that goes on but it is mostly minor stuff. We all realize we actually do have it very good here. This place is booming and has grown significantly since I've started. We need more good people so we can continue to grow. I truly believe that Massilly wants us all to have safe, gainful employment and I'm proud to be a Massilly employee.
Pros
Decent pay, health benefits, pension plan, job security...
Dont work here
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2018
The supervisors on the floor and higher up managers dont care about the regular worker at all.
Maybe if you have cushy air conditioned office job its not bad but for us on the floor there is nothing good about here.
Wages are ok but so many companies now are offering good wages in Brantford so who cares
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement !
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2018
I’ve been working at Massillys for over 3 years and it’s the best place I’ve ever worked at . Great people to work with who you can rely on if you need help, extremely friendly and the overall environment is what you want from a workplace ! The salary and benefits are great to with profit sharing as well. If your looking for a place to work with great people and to learn new skill , this is the place to do it , they train you for the specific job you are hired . Overall 10/10 !
Pros
Salary, profit share, benefits, training ! Friendly people
Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 September 2018
I've been working for here for 9 months now. The culture is very welcoming and encouraging. Management is always supportive and eager to assist in anyway they can. You are valued as an employee. I am very happy to be working for a company that is established and still continuing to grow. So much opportunity!
Bad manager
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 August 2018
Manager dont care about you, everybody wants to leave.
Glad I got out, you can find better work then this
Better make min wage then work here, dont take there job!
Horrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brantford27 August 2018
Worked there for many years and let go for no reason.
If the managers dont like you you are out.
Nothing good about this place, they dont care about any of the workers
Pros
Some good people
Cons
So many
Not such a great place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 August 2018
Shift rotation sucks, management isn't that great but some of the guys on the floor are cool. Wage is average but there is no room to advance anywhere here.
Supervisors are snakes
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 August 2018
They put there arm around you when you start like your a friend while being snakes behind your back. Don't think for a second anyone from front office/management will care for what you have to say cause they dont
Pros
Lunch, breaks and home time
Cons
Managment
Official response from Massilly North America Inc.
12 September 2018

I'm truly sorry that you are feeling that way working here! Please come and see me and I will listen and try to help! ~ Hanna D., Human Resources

Great place to work!
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 September 2017
I worked for Massilly for six months on a recruitment contract. The Management was approachable, easy to work with, supportive and very knowledgeable. My VP HR became a tremendous mentor and her insight and instruction was invaluable to me.
The staff were friendly and the culture was open and warm. Overall a great place to work!
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford25 August 2017
Been here for over a year everyone's friendly and the work is challenging in a good way... easy going atmosphere with a safe and quality driven mind set.. would recommend it to anyone
Pros
Good wage nice people room for advancement
Cons
Swing shifts make it tough to plan life but easy to get over
Great First Year
Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON25 July 2017
In my 1st 12 month here I have learned a lot from the people around me. My knowledge of the machinery and the maintenance department has grown with the help all the great people.
Pros
Very helpful employee's, BQQ's, Golf Tourney, as well as a good atmosphere.
Cons
Need free coffee in the production cafeteria!
Good place
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 July 2017
Wonderful people, lots of room for advancement, good starting wages and very friendly/ approachable managers and supervisors.

Massilly is a great place to work
Great Place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 July 2017
The people are very friendly, good management team and very fair wages.
Overall a very good place to work, they treat their employees fairly.
If you can take a job here do it!
Pros
Good wages
Not allowed to show any kind of hapiness in workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford18 July 2017
U showed up for all my shifts , aced all my training and got the highest score in two outside rraining courses and was let go the day before my probationary period ended and was told its was because i laughed to much so therfore didnt take my job seriously ....supervisors are 2 faced jackals and lazy hiding in the air conditioned office and offering little to no help ...
Pros
Good starting wage
Cons
Must act like a cold machine or else be fired for to much personality

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massilly North America Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Massilly North America Inc. Reviews by Location