Massilly North America Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON24 April 2019
Startewd a job here in 2018. Really happy working here so far. Friendly people, good supervisors and lots of training! Would recommend to anyone looking to find a good company to work for!
Pros
Well managed
Great place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 March 2019
Ive been here for just over a year. Great place to work. Saftey is great, good starting wage. Management works with you if you work with them. Everyone is great to work with.
Pros
People, hours, profit sharing
Cons
Rotating
Profitable, pro-active, thoughtfully managed
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 March 2019
Massilly North America has shown me that a workplace can be a happy place to be.

Two years ago I left an incredibly toxic environment. Everyone was miserable. People would openly yell and scream at each other. Half the plant was being laid off, only to be recalled for 2-3 shifts and laid off again. As a salaried person I routinely worked 11 hour days because the lean manufacturing culture demanded it.

Massilly is a company that has a good relationship with change. Your manager will encourage you to fix problems, and give you the space and trust to do so. Issues don't seem to be left to get worse over time.

Massilly is profitable, and the profitability turns into generosity on behalf of the president. We literally have a restaurant quality espresso machine in the break room....for free. I found that the company was competitive with my job offer, I would even go so far as to say the experience felt generous. The company knows what it wants and it will pay you to work here and stay here.

All of the great things come with a price though. Massilly is a workplace for adults. The generosity comes with adult expectations. You will be asked and expected to produce and contribute. People who are disrespectful and disruptive are spoken to. This is a huge continuous improvement environment.

Overall this is a top tier company in the private sector.
wages need improvement
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 February 2019
Good place to work at short term. They make it sound good and starting rate is good too. But what they dont tell you is your wage doesnt increase much . Some guys have worked there for 3 years and make .50cents more than someone who gets hired today.Overall good place to work put go threw a lot of people due to wage scale.
Pros
Workers on floor
Cons
no pay scale to make you want to stay
Decent place to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON13 January 2019
Decent place to work supervisors are fair clean environment and the guys on the floor are great. Decent pay the shifts were the hardest thing to get use to. If you can get use to that its a great place to be. There are some great people who make the shifts easier to do and work enjoyable. The environment is extremely safe, you can tell everyone is invested in the common goal. There is room to grow if you have a good attitude.
Pros
Wage and people
Great Team to Work with Every Day
Health and Safety (Current Employee) –  Brantford11 January 2019
I am still new to Massilly North America and I have to say that I hope I am there until I retire. I have never worked with more honest and down to earth people in my career. Massilly already has a strong safety culture and the employees will make it better! The future looks very bright!!
Stay Away
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 October 2018
In the interview process you are sold on how fantastic and caring this place is, unfortunately that couldn't be farther from the truth. If you have anything to say HR will just find a way to fire you.

Management never comes out to the floor unless they are taking a customer on a tour and then they act super friendly. The work isn't hard but is shift work. There are better places in Brantford to find a job.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Stay away
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 September 2018
This place promises you a compnay you can grow with and advance but they dont actually offer that to everyone, chosen few will get the perks. Especially if you speak well of the managers and suck up to supervisors.
Top management is clueless and useless, they are bullies who only care about themself.
No one listens to you, not supervisors, not manager and definitely not HR.
Pros
Good guys on the floor
Cons
Shifts are bad, Favoritism, bad management, no training or room for growth
Stay away from here
Plant employee (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON18 September 2018
Managers will tell you how good this place is, but they have no clue about what its like to be on the floor.
Getting pizza sometimes doe not make up for the fact that this place is not a good place to work!
Benefits and pay are nothing special either!
There are lots of places hiring in Brantford, so go there I did and it was the best choice I ever made.
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON17 September 2018
I have been with Massilly for 6 years and can truly say this is a great place to work. The company is forward thinking and is constantly investing in new technology, new machines and most importantly, investing time in their employees. There are opportunities for advancement within the organization. The company culture is friendly, respectful and team orientated. Everyone wants you to succeed!
Pros
Great management, profit share, benefits, pizza days
12 January 2019

Thank you for your insightful remarks!
We work hard to encourage and support advancement - almost half of our team members are in different jobs from those they started in.
Your success is our success!

Stay clear!!!
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON15 September 2018
Really don't have too many good things to say. The people on the plant floor are top notch. Management needs an overhaul asap! They need to understand the people on the floor are the heart of their business.
Health and Safety really needs to be looked at. Heard from an ex co- worker that the Health and Safety Leader resigned after less than year of being there.
Pros
8 hrs.
Cons
Management and Production Supervisors.
So much favoritism
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford13 September 2018
If you are liked by the supervisors you will have a good time working here, if not you are SOL
They only care about those employees who tell them how great the place is.
The job itself isnt horrible, not fun but its work so you do it. Its the managers and office people who think they are better than everyone makes this place bad.
Printing Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2018
I've been with Massilly for 5 years now and the thing I noticed most of all was the fact that people don't need to have someone hovering over them to get their work done here. There is a lot of comradery and employees work together. Our supervisors are fair and as long as you can behave like a grown up you are treated as such. It does get a bit hot in the plant during the summer but it's never been a problem for anyone to go cool off for a bit in the breakroom. Massilly NA prides itself on being a safe environment and safety procedures need to be followed closely. Massilly does a lot of hiring within so there is always a chance to move up the payscale. Just like any other successful business you need to pay attention to what you're doing because our customers expect a quality product and we always make sure they get just that. Massilly offers decent pay, benefits, a pension plan and yearly profit sharing bonuses. Company paid golf tournament a summer barbeque and regular "pizza days" for hitting production targets are pluses. We have quarterly production meetings where we are acknowledged for the hard work we do and they usually go hand in hand with a no lost time gift of some sort. Dont get me wrong, there is some complaining that goes on but it is mostly minor stuff. We all realize we actually do have it very good here. This place is booming and has grown significantly since I've started. We need more good people so we can continue to grow. I truly believe that Massilly wants us all to have safe, gainful employment and I'm proud to be a Massilly employee.
Pros
Decent pay, health benefits, pension plan, job security...
12 January 2019

Your comments are very much appreciated!
We're so happy that you enjoy working at Massilly and notice all the good things we try to do for our team members, not the least of which is to provide a safe environment.
You being proud to work here is fantastic!
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with everyone.

Dont work here
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2018
The supervisors on the floor and higher up managers dont care about the regular worker at all.
Maybe if you have cushy air conditioned office job its not bad but for us on the floor there is nothing good about here.
Wages are ok but so many companies now are offering good wages in Brantford so who cares
Great place to work with lots of opportunity for advancement !
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 September 2018
I’ve been working at Massillys for over 3 years and it’s the best place I’ve ever worked at . Great people to work with who you can rely on if you need help, extremely friendly and the overall environment is what you want from a workplace ! The salary and benefits are great to with profit sharing as well. If your looking for a place to work with great people and to learn new skill , this is the place to do it , they train you for the specific job you are hired . Overall 10/10 !
Pros
Salary, profit share, benefits, training ! Friendly people
Sales Team (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON11 September 2018
I've been working for here for 9 months now. The culture is very welcoming and encouraging. Management is always supportive and eager to assist in anyway they can. You are valued as an employee. I am very happy to be working for a company that is established and still continuing to grow. So much opportunity!
Bad manager
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 August 2018
Manager dont care about you, everybody wants to leave.
Glad I got out, you can find better work then this
Better make min wage then work here, dont take there job!
Horrible
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brantford27 August 2018
Worked there for many years and let go for no reason.
If the managers dont like you you are out.
Nothing good about this place, they dont care about any of the workers
Pros
Some good people
Cons
So many
Not such a great place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON22 August 2018
Shift rotation sucks, management isn't that great but some of the guys on the floor are cool. Wage is average but there is no room to advance anywhere here.
No care for employees
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON8 August 2018
They say when you start at massilly that health and safety is a priority . after working for a company with 15 years no lost time having to transition from that to a company with 5 years no lost time was difficult. They have no heat policy and they have no supervision going on . I was working at the back of the oven suffering from heat exhaustion to find out the guys at the front of the oven were switching up and taking private breaks without me knowing . i got to sit in the back while the guys at front rotated to the break room for drinks and snacks. I never had that chance. Once i contaced the health and safety rep they told me theyd " look into it " never heard back so i quit.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad employees who are all friends and decide if your in the group
14 September 2018

I know that during your 4 weeks here as an employee you suffered with the heat. It's not for everyone, even though we provide unlimited breaks on hot days.
Sorry it didn't work out for you; however we wish you all the best.

~ Hanna D., Human Resources

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massilly North America Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Massilly North America Inc. Reviews by Location