Massage Experts

Massage Experts Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
The thing I have learnt about this company is never work for a franchise as a RMT. While their locations are beautifully renovated and you are provided with everything you could ever want, you as the sub-contractor are not treated well. You are underpaid. You are paid a minimum of $30/hr of massage, you do not get paid if you aren't massaging, however are not obligated to stay there if you're not booked. Depending on the employer you may recieve $20 for no show and last minute cancellation client fee. Expect that if you want to be paid well you will have to work alot. I personally worked 6 clients a day, 6 days a week for $2000 every 2 weeks. You are exhausted after doing this to make this much. Management was not good. At the particular location I worked at neither manager was a RMT and had no idea about the environment they worked in and the background of Massage Therapy. This company, particularly the location I worked at should be more inclusive of hiring male therapists as all of the RMT's at my location were women.To end this review on a high note. The remaining therapists I worked with are wonderful people and deserve so much more than they recieve from this company
Pros
Great colleagues, renovated, supplied with everything.
Cons
Bad management, terrible pay, long hours.
Male RMT's don't waste your time. When she had any female RMT you will not get any client until female RMT is Full. You give 40 hours of time in a week, you are treating only 2-3 clients in 40 hours. I don't know about other massage experts but this(meadowdale) is not a good place to work.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place for male RMT's. Owner don't know how to run a business, but she for sure know how to ruin it.
Good job, relaxing atmosphere, can sometimes be a bit fast-paced but once you learn the systems you get the hang of it. Good management, but the salary is not competitive.
The management was terrible and all over the place. There was never any lotions full and were constantly having to fight for a room. They never gave you any kind of feed back other then negative and always want you to bring your own stuff. They would say you were a contract but would threaten your job if you didnt do "extra" massages . They also let me go right after i got back from vegas and always mess up yuor schedule.
Pros
work
Cons
everything else
You are nothing but a work horse to this company. Boss would talk about co-workers daily. Always short staffed, dead end job with no respect. They do not believe in raises or sick days.
Large turn over of staff says it all
I like this job and i want it because this work let i know many people in the world
I started at MEx right out of school and only left because I moved out of the country. The interview was a practical demonstration of my skills, and my boss and coworkers were some of the most incredible people I've ever worked with.
MEx was also very helpful with CEU courses
I am very pleased about the teamwork in Massage Experts. The people at the front desk is always professional and supporting us to organize our clients.
Working at Massage Experts London has been fantastic! The leadership is great, and employees support to grow their careers within the company. Company culture is great and everyone who works here is passionate about what they do.
I left a good paying job here because the owner was verbally abusive and intimidated female staff. Revolving door of staff due to disgusting owner who only hired new therapists without a treatment first and provided poor treatments, the good therapists left due to ill treatment from the owner and not enough clients who wanted to return either from horrible massages from bad therapists or being treated poorly by the owner if he wasn't hiding from them when they wanted to complain to him.
Pros
Cons
owner and manager abusive and disrespectful
My experience at Massage Experts was a good one! Staff are very professional and clients are awesome! My learning curve in the massage therapy world was very steep but oh so interesting!