Massage Addict Inc.

Massage Addict Inc. Employee Reviews for Guest Service Agent

great environment
It is a great place to work in terms of environment and fellow staff. Great clientele and atmosphere. However the pay and morale are only adequate. Overall it is an okay place.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
Terrible Work Environment
Underpaid - if you actually get paid what your owed that is-
Youre a receptionist, janitor, and pushy salesmen all wrapped in one for minimum wage! Won't get hired if youre not female. No breaks- they say you can, but will get fired if you take them!

Long shifts, turnover rate so high the assistant manager has only been there 6 months! And shes in high school. Avoid like the plague.
Great team
Working at Massage addict is great. The team that works there is amazing and helps out when they can. I love going into work for my shifts. Management is great and very approachable.
GSA review
There were always a list of tasks to be completed on top of regular day to day tasks. We were not given sufficient supplies (always running out of sheets, pillow cases, nothing to measure cleaning solutions with) despite asking the owners multiple times for these things. Manager was very accommodating with my school schedule but overall when personal issues came up the owner was not accommodating at all. Would not recommend a job here unless you're looking for minimum wage with nowhere to go in the company.
Excellent Workplace
Amazing place to work, Management is great, staff is friendly, clean environment, the management is very accommodating and understanding, pleased to be working here!
No where to go
I loved the people I worked with, but often did not like the environment. Clients would often get mad at the people working the front desk over issues out of our control, or with their therapist. There was also no where to move up in the company. Was offered no raise even with the mandatory yearly review, and no benefits. Was asked to be put on full time and was told there was no room even though there was.

The people were awesome and I'm thankful for the experience I gained while working there, but there was no room for me to grow.
Great environment with great management. I'm very happy here and feel valued and appreciated. Highly recommend to anyone looking for Admin, RMT, Reflex or ACu
Great choice in Ancaster
Massage Addict Ancaster has a great team environment and is a wonderful place to keep a busy schedule. Management is very supportive, and RMTs have excellent experience.
Great Place to Work!
I work at Massage Addict Ancaster and my manager is one of the best! I believe she is the reason I love working for Massage Addict. She is so caring and a wonderful person to work for. I've seen a lot of bad reviews for the company, however I disagree with a lot of them. Being a GSA is quite a bit of work, but I do enjoy it. If you're considering joining a Massage Addict team I would recommend it so you can have your own opinion on the company, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
Pros
Decent hours, great atmosphere, wonderful coworkers
Terrible Management
I was hired to work at a corporate clinic. They ended up selling the location to people who have no idea about the massage world or how to treat employees. These people have no respect for their employees. They take WEEKS to respond to simple requests. I stayed for as long as I could, for other GSA's and the therapists. I had to leave because I was not given any respect and it started to effect my mental health. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
good therapists
Cons
awful management, unskilled management
Awful place to work: no breaks or managerial support
As a GSA (guest service administrator) you are the face at the desk. The shifts are either too long 8:30-5:30, with no breaks or way too short and not even worth your time (4pm-7pm). The management does very little to motivate staff. There are no contests or incentives, or any room for growth (like there has been in the past). You are stuck making minimum wage and picking up after the sloppy RMTs. Yes, there is some reception duties like; reconciling insurance, phone calls, emails and providing bookings but the opener usually does that, leaving all the cleaning duties such as laundry, mopping and dusting rooms for the closer. The GSA position is a janitor job with a fancy title. Management is too cheap to schedule overlap for shifts which require two GSAs present, therefore you may work 8 hours without breaks or without any coverage from other staff, which is done deliberately. The regional manager/clinical director rarely make any appearances at the clinics and when they do, they hide in their office offering zero help when needed. The schedule is usually posted the week before, leaving employees with zero notice to schedule their own lives. This place is terrible and not worth the trouble. It can become cliquey, demotivating and an unenjoyable job. Save yourself from this despair and apply for an actual reception job, this is NOT what you are looking for.

If you are an RMT looking for work it's not nearly as terrible. You can negotiate your wage substantially because they are very desperate everywhere.
Pros
A slight discount on massages (if you can find an availably appointment)
Cons
little managerial support, no breaks, minimum wage, no room for advancement, janitorial duties, agitating GSA coworkers, zero support, micromanages who hid from any problems in their office and zero incentives
Great place!
I love working at massage addict ancaster! The team is so friendly and the manager is the best boss I've ever had! I enjoy going to work because everyone is happy to be there including me.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Great Place to Work!!
Great place to work! If you are looking to work for a manager that cares then I would highly recommend applying. I feel valued and appreciated everyday. Breaks may not be during set times but there are always moments where you can eat your lunch or make a phone call or even run errands depending on the day. This is the first job I've had where i feel like my voice is heard. Plus the discount on Massages is an amazing bonus for each employee that works here!
Pros
discount on massages, fast paced, relaxing atmosphere
Negative work environment
I thought working in a massage therapy clinic would be fun and relaxing but working at Massage Addict was far from that.The management is super unprofessional. You have no job security at all. head office is more than willing to step on the little guys to get ahead.
a typical day was very stressful, constantly battling with the negative work environment while still making sure the clients are receiving great quality service and leaving the clinic happy.

The most enjoyable part of the job was clients, they were great with the exception of a few bad apples.

the best thing about the job was leaving.

dont waste your energy, this place will just suck the good energy right out of you.
Pros
clients
Cons
head office and management team
Massage Addict
I was hired as an administrative/receptionist. The job requires a lot of organization & time management as you are asked complete all that includes reception duties (booking appointments, filling, emailing, and answering phone calls, preparing files for next day & processing direct billing) & maintaining building, bathrooms and laundry clean & up to date.

There are no breaks, even if you tried to you wouldn't be able to, you would quickly start to fall behind in your duties & I was always working alone so no one was ever there to cover my break.

Not the best place as there are no job advancements but overall I learned to prioritize & time manage to the highest level. Learned to keep calm in stressful situations & to become a quick problem solver. This job tested all my abilities but it also gave me the opportunity to prove to myself that when put to the test I can provide an exceptional customer service experience all while completing all my daily tasks.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Addict Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6