Massage Addict Inc.
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Working at Massage Addict Inc.: Employee Reviews

Canada131 reviews

massageaddicttherapistcliniclaundryreceptionistclientowner

good place for RMT just starts their career, but with low pay

As RMT can get a Flexible schedule, but poor management in this location. the tips part of income was not clear enough. The paycheck was not always on time. This is maybe the biggest reason people chose to leave the job!

Good place to start your career

Good place for new therapists as you’ll get lots of clients and experience.Lots of great therapists work there but most leave due to poor pay, high staff turnover and poor management.

Pros

Great therapists to work with Day passed quickly

Cons

Controlling management High staff turnover Low pay

Insights into Massage Addict Inc.

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging

Good and relax

I have worked at massage addict. I had good time working here. It can get busy over time. The massage table is adjustable which is nice. The receptionist does the booking.

The owner of massage addict is cheap, and she's not even the owner but as a franchise she's rude

I wouldn't recommend working here so please don't bother, it really all depends what you want in life either work for someone else and never get anywhere in life and be around miserable people

Cons

Not good pay

Do not work here

Toxic work environment, poor management (head office is great - lots of issues with individual franchise owners) low pay., high turnover rate of therapists and franchisees. All supplies included, nice hydrolic tables, full reception services.

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Don’t ever work here!!!!!!

I worked for this company for not even a month before I got injured on the job (on a Sunday) and then was fired for “not being the right fit” on the Wednesday once I inquired about the schedule for the next month. The management is a complete joke, the amount of work for the minimum wage is outrageous. All in all I would never recommend working here to anyone.

Pros

50% off massages

Poor management

Initial owners were great. Once company was sold it went downhill . Horrible pay, no work-life balance , no room to grow. I would not recommend this place as a long term place

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Bad management

New ownership to non-healthcare owners

Previous owners were fantastic. New owners had good intentions but didn’t follow through. They lost staff all the time. Not enough pay and with COVID, far too much stress.

Pros

Benefit package, laundry provided

Lots of work and very underpaid

It’s ok I wouldn’t say it’s the best place to work. Positives : therapist and front desk staff Negative : poor management style Underpaid compared to the amount of work required to do. not much changes even when you offer new suggestions.

Pros

Great therapists to work with

Cons

You are pretty much the laundry person, front desk in a busy environment, janitor and manager for $14.25. What a shame.

16 December 2021
We couldn’t agree more that we have a really great team of therapists! And we’re pretty proud of our Guest Service Administrators (GSAs) too. Not only do they set the tone for the client experience from the moment they walk through our door, they are also superhero multi-taskers who take pride in ensuring our therapists can successfully do their job of helping people feel their best. We’re sorry that your experience didn’t match your expectation. Should you like to talk about it further, please email us at clientcare@massageaddict.ca.

Don’t waste your time.

Went in for a 3 hour ‘try out’ shift. Person I was working with had no idea I was coming in and had also only been working their for 2 months. Had absolutely no chance to prove myself was emailed the next day saying I wasn’t selected. Had many try out shifts before and this was the most ridiculous one I’ve been to and a complete waste of time.

Pros

Nothing I’ve experienced.

Cons

Poor management and communication between employees.

A great place to work for the right RMT

I enjoyed my time at Massage Addict because I never had to worry about having enough clients. The pay is a bit lower than other clinics but I've worked in clinics where I received no support or help in getting clients or building a clientele - just "here's the room and good luck". So if my hourly pay is higher but I don't have many clients, then I'm still making a lot less. You don't get your own, permanent treatment room, you just get it for that day, which is too bad but not a big deal. You usually have to work some nights, but that's become pretty normal. I decided to move on but my time there was a good experience.

Pros

Lots of clients

13 January 2022
We know how passionate RMTs are when it comes to helping people so we're happy to hear you felt the support all year long during your time with Massage Addict.

Great environment to work in

Management is great. Flexible schedule. Fair pay. Awesome work environment. Be part of a great team. Busy clinic, with many available hours. Very clean, and compliant with CMTO guidelines.

Pros

Make your own hours

Cons

Physically demanding

16 December 2021
Glad to hear, thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Stress free environment.

I have worked for massage addict for a number of years, the clinic really feels like being part of a family. The clients are amazing and you will have a full schedule right away. Everything is taken care of for you at the clinic so all you have to do is show up and treat. The owners go above and beyond to make sure you have what you need and a very accommodating with scheduling. The option to have benefits is nice and the company as a whole offers CEU's through dexterity and depending on interest they have workshops for different modalities. Great place to work overall!

13 January 2022
We really appreciate your kind words, that means a lot. And we couldn't agree more, we have a great collaborative team.

Postive, prodictive and rewarding work environment

I have worked in number of different clinics and salons over the years and have yet to come across owners /management as dedicated to and supportive of their staff. They listen, they care and they are always ready and willing to do whatever it takes to help us succeed as individuals and as a team. Working for Massage Addict, I feel I am appreciated and that the work I put in is valued and recognized in a way I've yet to have the pleasure of experiencing. The owners of the clinic commit SO much of their time to ensuring things run smoothly and our staff are taken care of. I have worked for many people in the past that treat their employees as disposable and easily replaced, but my time at Massage Addict has been a complete 180! The respect, appreciation, support, encouragement and opportunity for prosperity is unmatched! I come to work happy and excited for the day, I am never in a hurry to leave because I genuinely love my job, my coworkers and my bosses. It is rare to find this kind of positivity and enjoyment in a job but I am extremely grateful to have found employers that give me all of that and then some! Hands down the best employers I've ever worked for.

Pros

Co-workers, environment, owners/management, support, training/education

Cons

Have yet to experience any

Awful

This company does not set up their front desk staff for success. There is only one receptionist staffed at all times, with no shift overlap that would provide relief for break coverage. The workload is unrealistic for a single person— as you are expected to man the desk at all times, and simultaneously perform all the tasks of a janitor and laundress. Management was pretty condescending and exploitative. Training was underwhelming. There is no support once training ends, you are completely alone and management is pretty aloof. In fact, the manager instructs every employee not to speak to him if he is actually present in the building.

24 January 2022
Thank you for providing feedback, we're sorry to read your review about your experience. Our goal is to always support the front desk from day one because they are integral to the team of therapists.

Toxic place to work

I worked for Massage Addict London for three years. The owners lowered the wages so that they make more than the RMTs. They pay 15% less than what the average RMT makes. They make impulsive, irrational decisions if you complain about anything that they do wrong. You have to constantly keep track of your tips/wages because they have on multiple occasions given less than what was earned. Long story short 8 people (who had been there for YEARS) left in the span of 3 months. Stay away.

Pros

Cons

Clueless owners, low pay.

It works for a massage mill

Pros : they supply everythingManagers are sweet.Cons: even though you are a contractor they treat you like an employee. Its garbage but it seems to be the standard therapists are putting up with.No sensation of team, no meetings in 6 months, management should have their pulse on their teams. People love going to a place with a happy team. Witnessed a therapist being unimaginably rude to a client, Guest services had no idea how to make it right.

Pros

Laundry is kept up

Cons

Management is a bit absentee.

Supportive

Always learning in a fast paced environment, kind management that encouraging you to learn and teaches you. Great Rate of pay!The company needs some updates with the program they use but that is a head office problem. You need to be able to adapt and be a people person to do this job and work fast.

Pros

Constant learning

16 December 2021
Thank you very much for your kind words. We also appreciate your feedback about our program as well.

Poor ownership, lack of knowledge, lies about wages

Stay away! The owners have no idea how to run this business. They lie about wages, advancement to benefit their best interest (making money and being a cash cow).

Pros

No advantages

Cons

Poor ownership, lying about wages, don’t know how to run the full business, lack of knowledge of Health care and massage therapy

30 November 2021
Thank you for your review, we always value feedback from our current and former employees and therapists. We set high standards for ourselves at Massage Addict, so we are sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to our team at careers@massageaddict.ca if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Minimum wage for way too much stress.

The job is high stress and extremely busy. Way too much job responsibilities for the pay. The RMTs are nice people but the owners will not respect nor appreciate their staff.

Pros

Cons

Minimum wage for way too many responsibilities

Great for flexibility but dont always have consistency and pay is below average RMT wage

I worked at massage addict for almost 3 years and used it as a part time RMT position while in university. For the flexibility of scheduling this place definitely was helpful because I could work Sundays or all hours of the day every day of the week and usually be booked. The pandemic was a bit hard on the clinics but consistency in work and pay was not all what it was advertised to be in the last year. If you're a female you will have a more consistent schedule. Males always fill up last, the main receptionist who worked there for years said. Pay is below average for RMTs and you are not an employee even though the company is essentially set up as if you were an employee. To me that's borderline unethical and had me wonder if was legal. Wage increases are based on treatment hours and so since we can't work full 40 hour weeks, your increases will not keep up with inflation at all. Had no funding for CEU courses and felt often that I was just there to get my paycheck and leave. Staff I worked with were relatively friendly, recent owners were not RMTs and therefore didn't know anything about massage which wasn't helpful. Environment was like between a clinic and spa. Tipping was encouraged which was on one hand good because our pay was lower but on the other made it less clinical of a setting. Glad they added chiro because I felt the clinic needed more than just massage and wasn't happy the clinic offered reflexology which is a known placebo therapy with zero support for its use clinically. Overall, not a terrible place to pick up extra hours for lower pay but definitely not somewhere -

Pros

Flexibility of scheduling, pre pandemic was stable work

Cons

Below average RMT wage, not an employee, no benefits, no CEU funding

30 November 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you were able to enjoy flexible scheduling during your 3 years as an RMT so that you could commit to your university studies. Regarding your concern about compensation, we are competitive within the community and we support many RMTs' vision of doing what they love, helping people. Our RMTs are able to focus on providing outstanding quality care to their clients while we take care of the behind-the-scenes administration and client acquisition. Knowing how important professional development is to RMTs like yourself, we also partner with Dexterity Professional Development online learning which gives Massage Addict RMTs free access to 22 online courses. Additional training like cupping and hot stone, is provided annually and tuition reimbursement is also an option. We are always striving to make Massage Addict a great place to work for both new and experienced RMTs, and will grow from the feedback you have given us. Wishing you well with your career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Addict Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement