Massage Addict Inc.
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Massage Addict Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada146 reviews

massageaddicttherapistcliniclaundryreceptionistclientowner

Consistent client base. Lowest split ever.

I have been at MA for quite some time. I have remained there because I am consistently booked, however the split is ridiculously low and there is little room for growth. So, you can somewhat rely on being fully booked, but you will be making half what your colleagues running their own practices will be.

Nothing good about working here.

This job is not suitable for anyone. It is filled with impractical tasks and constant skeleton staff. You will have a lot of bad days working here. Save yourself the trouble.

Pros

Massage discounts you still can’t afford.

Cons

Lazy management.

Insights into Massage Addict Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Not worth your time

Experience varies greatly by location like any franchise because the owners aren’t required to have past experience as service providers. In my experience management was incompetent and greed based, little care for clients. They raised prices during pandemic and our wages stayed the same even though they added more work for us to do. Both owners and corporate ignored complaints made by therapists and receptionists because it would risk losing regular clients or clients on the membership. If it’s a slow day you’re expected to deep clean the entire clinic. Front desk has to wash and fold sheets no bleach is used and you’re asked to sew loose threads. You’re a janitor, receptionist, seamstress, laundry attendant for minimum wage. Extremely high turnover for therapists and front desk because of poor management, pay, and being overworked. You don’t get scheduled breaks because you’re expected to find time in your day to take one even though you’re supposed to have uninterrupted(!) break time. It’s impossible for breaks to be uninterrupted here because if you’re taking your own break and someone calls or walks in you’re trained to drop what you’re doing and help them because you’re working alone and no one can cover for you. The list goes on and on. You are expendable to them. My sincere advice to head office begin to pay a living wage, appreciate staff, and increase your standards before selling a location and your staff will be happier and stay longer.

Pros

Flexible scheduling, benefits for full time workers, discounted treatments, closed on stat holidays

Cons

See review

Your have to be able to time management and prioritize your tasks.

Your have to be able to time management and prioritize your tasks (take payments, clean bathrooms, laundry,billing to insurance, pulling for the next day files). It's hard to take your lunch break because you tend to fall behind in the laundry and billing.Also, I worked when we didn't have much staff at first but a few weeks later we hired a bunch of new girls. I noticed is that they don't properly train the staff and I also got the feeling that management likes to play favorites. The amount they pay per hour is not worth the amount of work they want done. Other than that the massage therapist, acupuncturist and few front desk are good people

Pros

Great people

Cons

No breaks

Massage addict Vaughan

Under new management. Work culture has changed. Management is rarely there. Pay scale and benefits not clear and transparent. Lack of organization. I was not paid on time more than once. They did not handle pay discrepancies in a timely fashion. Different guidelines and benefits for different people. Not a clear and transparent work environment. Numerous therapists as well as management speak in a different language in front of other therapists, employees and clients.

Cons

Try to make you work more. Different policies for different people. Paid late.

Unsupportive management and no training

I was excited to work here at first but on my second shift I was left all alone without any help and no training. management is very passive aggressive and unsupportive and setting their employees up for failure, hence why there is always a turn over. Also he watches you on the camera all day long and calls you 24/7 to micromanage. Never once was told that he would be watching me on the cameras all day, it felt like I had no privacy which I am entitled to. most of the therapists warned me about management. I would not recommend working here

Cons

Working busy days alone with no help, no lunch breaks

Awesome experience

I was not an employee at massage addict Sydney but completed a 6-7 week work placement there for my administration course. The owners are wonderful, the GSA’s as well as the RMT’s were all some of the greatest people I’ve ever met and I will never forget them and how kind they were. if you are ever given the opportunity to work here as a massage therapist or a guest service agent you will be entering the most amazing, positive, uplifting work environment. The job itself was fun and quite relaxing as well.

Pros

Staff & management are great

Cons

Friendly environment and staff, good workplace culture.Good client base. good support for staff.flexible working hours.good benefits. Pay rate could be more.

Positive, Relaxed and Supportive Atmosphere. Excellent Clinic Culture!

A typical day consists of client management, recruiting, scheduling, supporting and building relationships in the community of the massage industry (schools, students, practitioners and professionals). The environment is relaxed, Understanding and gives the ability to be creative with ways to improve overall operations, policies and procedures. Massage Addict is Consistantly growing, not only in a revenue or location only, but with improvement and restructure. Has a unique business model, that may not be a fit for all, but is a fit for me. I have yet to feel contained within a box, and feel comfortable in terms of stability. It can be a juggling act between priotizing and time management is crucial. I love interacting with so many types of people. Definitely for those who love people and are able to keep a conversation going. Understands the importance of the Wellness sector, helping others and a strong heart, mind and genuine energy.

Pros

Supportive Head Office, Discounted treatments, Benefits, above average holidays

Cons

Unpredictable hours; can be on call anytime (any Management position)

Good experience overall

I have been working at Massage Addict Brampton since 2018. I have never had an issue with management, clients or staff. Good clean place to work with decent pay and health benefits

Pros

Good pay, Management collaboration

Cons

commute

Great place to start as an RMT but not long term

It is a good place to start as an RMT and build your clientele but unfortunately it’s very low pay.As it is a franchise, the owners are not massage therapists and do not understand the job we do, they just care about making money.You are signed up as an independent contractor but try and treat you like an employee (without the benefits of being an employee). They control your schedule (not allowed to book a time slot off or coming in and sitting around when there’s no clients.If you don’t do it, they will try and make you feel guilty). There is no real flexibility with the schedule at all.Overall it’s decent enough to get your foot in the door, but management makes it unbearable after a while and the pay is terrible for the amount of work we do.

Pros

Everything is provided

Cons

Low pay, controlling managers

Flexible and accommodating, but lacking collaboration and compensation

You can achieve the perfect work-life balance at Massage Addict since you can basically set your own schedule. But if collaboration with your fellow therapists is important for you you will be disappointed. It also pays notoriously poorly. A great place to start your career, but I wouldn't call it sustainable over the long run.

Pros

set your own schedule, all the advertising and most admin work is done for you

Cons

awful pay, coworkers can be unprofessional

GSA - 100% would NOT recommend

Management is borderline abusiveNo respect or appreciation No overtime or breaks Massage therapists are very kind, but management is the worst I have ever worked for.

Pros

Nice massage therapists

Cons

Long hours, terrible management, minimum wage, no breaks

Receptionist

I have worked at Massage Addict for a year now. All the GSA’s and therapists are so kind and supportive. There’s a really great community of people that work here.

Exploitative and poorly managed

Was given the cheapest wage to work alone on all shifts, responsible for everything in the front. Owner was also a coworker and repeatedly showed up late to relieve me and also didn't do any of the actual work so I played catch-up next day. Eventually hours were cut because of "low season" but was expected to come in same amount of days per week for 3-4 hour shifts. Commission is a joke...forced to try to sell packages to clients worth hundreds and get 5 bucks for your trouble and embarrassment.

Pros

Work alone mostly if that's your thing

Cons

Ridiculous hours and workload, cheap management, not "allowed" to have shift change as there is often nobody to replace you, poor pay

good place for RMT just starts their career, but with low pay

As RMT can get a Flexible schedule, but poor management in this location. the tips part of income was not clear enough. The paycheck was not always on time. This is maybe the biggest reason people chose to leave the job!

Good place to start your career

Good place for new therapists as you’ll get lots of clients and experience.Lots of great therapists work there but most leave due to poor pay, high staff turnover and poor management.

Pros

Great therapists to work with Day passed quickly

Cons

Controlling management High staff turnover Low pay

Good and relax

I have worked at massage addict. I had good time working here. It can get busy over time. The massage table is adjustable which is nice. The receptionist does the booking.

The owner of massage addict is cheap, and she's not even the owner but as a franchise she's rude

I wouldn't recommend working here so please don't bother, it really all depends what you want in life either work for someone else and never get anywhere in life and be around miserable people

Cons

Not good pay

Do not work here

Toxic work environment, poor management (head office is great - lots of issues with individual franchise owners) low pay., high turnover rate of therapists and franchisees. All supplies included, nice hydrolic tables, full reception services.

Pros

See above

Cons

See above

Don’t ever work here!!!!!!

I worked for this company for not even a month before I got injured on the job (on a Sunday) and then was fired for “not being the right fit” on the Wednesday once I inquired about the schedule for the next month. The management is a complete joke, the amount of work for the minimum wage is outrageous. All in all I would never recommend working here to anyone.

Pros

50% off massages

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Addict Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement