Massage Addict Inc.

Massage Addict Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada94 reviews
Franchise Owner
Good environment & fast paced service. I was a franchise owner for 4 years and decided to sell as my commute was 3 hours a day round trip. As with any franchise, you don't have much of a say in the direction of the business. However, Massage Addict Corporation continually looks to make positive changes to benefit both the franchisee and corporation.
Terrible Work Environment
Underpaid - if you actually get paid what your owed that is-
Youre a receptionist, janitor, and pushy salesmen all wrapped in one for minimum wage! Won't get hired if youre not female. No breaks- they say you can, but will get fired if you take them!

Long shifts, turnover rate so high the assistant manager has only been there 6 months! And shes in high school. Avoid like the plague.
Unfortuante Experience
I was delighted to hear I received the job as a receptionist at Massage Addict London. I thought it would be a good stepping stone for the career I want. However very quickly I realized the toxic management Massage Addict has in place - a husband and wife duo. Being a daughter of a business owner I know how difficult and stressful running a company and managing employees can be. Not everyone wants to work and has the passion to put in effort. However each shift I put in my best effort kept things organized, I followed protocall to a T, and was always thinking what I had to do next to ensure the clinic ran smoothly. I was always happy and had great interactions with the clients. Yet that was never good enough, "mistakes" were consistently pointed out there was never positive reinforcement. The husband had a lot to say about my dress code, although each time I went in for my shift I dressed business casual, had my hair and makeup done. Whereas other receptionist had hoodies and leggings on. . .

Massage Addict London was also full of gossip, which is never good for business. It's not only rude to the clients it created a uneasy work place environment.

Overall, I really enjoyed the Registered Message Therapist that worked there as well as the other receptionist, but ultimately could not see myself working there full-time because of the owners.

For the owners they should revaluate how they interact with their staff and realize that the staff are the frontline any business, keeping them happy makes for a more efficient and enjoyable workplace, which increases your bottom-line.
Fantastic place to work if flexibility and good pay are what you seek
Give the place a chance, if you’re looking for a place with great flexibility for work/life balance while still creating great pay...AND benefits....then try massage addict
Nothing but another contract job.
You are forced to sign a contract to work for Massage Addict. Where it is followed by a lengthy book of guidelines that you need to follow. While some staff follow, and others do not follow. The contract that was originally signed was then constantly brought back to you where they constantly changed it. And threatened your position if you did not follow the new changes that you did not agree to. Would not recommend a job here.
Reflexologist
Treating clients customized reflexology treatments
Learned computer and reception skills

Management is very helpful

Work environment is excellent, warm clients remark on it

The difficult part of the job is when no clients

Enjoy meeting people, seeing health benefits in clients

relaxation is key to my treatment
Enjoyed my time there
Enjoyed my time with this employer my needs changed and I had to move on sadly Fun safe paved friendly atmosphere management is fair and do workers treated you like family
not worth the pay
not organized, not fair, not approachable. do not recommend even if you have no job at all. better to do mobile and home advertising than work for them. stay away
Good place to start with when out of school. Flexible with scheduling your work and home life. Way too little pay $30 an hour is extremely underpaying
Good place to work when newly out of school and gain experience and build some clientele. But the pay is horrible, it’s no where close to what an RMT should be paid. RMTs should be paid double what massage addict pays their therapist.
Do not recommend working at massge addict as far as an office position.
Thought I was walking into a great opportunity. It is a husband and wife team that own all three Massage Addict locations in London. It is a very negative work environment, you are never given positive feedback only negative while being trained. This negativity is extend to all office staff and is gossiped about openly by one of the owners. Which definitely makes for a negative work place. They do not have a professional cleaning company coming in to at least clean the clinic once a week. The office staff has to do all cleaning and laundry. So if the office staff is not vacuuming regularly than how clean is the clinic? I love working in an office setting, but this has been the most horrible experience I have ever had as a receptionist. On a positive note the RMT's were great bunch of people to work with.
Great place to work as an RMT
Good place to work !
Treatment rooms have sound proofing in walls ( very quiet), electric hydraulic tables are very nice

Front desk staff are the best, very friendly and helpful

Pay per session is higher here with premium paid for after 5pm

Staff area is well equipped with free coffee,tea, fridge, TV, lockers, microwave and dishwasher. ***** very nice

Located in a great area with lots of restaurants, groceries, gym etc, Walmart, Canadian tire, Timmies, Mcdonalds, etc.
Good people, good management. Very straightforward. Not much politics. Not stressful. Supportive and considerate. Competitive pay and good balance of work and family hours.
Pros
Cons
Not too busy
Consistently overstaffed based on their client base
I worked at the Danforth location in TO.

I was there for about two years. In the first year the owner was true to his word and staffed the location according to the size of their client base.

I'm not sure what changed but after a year they contracted RMT's to fill all of their available rooms even though they client base had not grown to provide clients for the number of therapists they had.

There was also no clear salary. This meant new therapist were sometimes paid more than longtime therapists. I only found this out when I left.

I would say this is a good place for new grads to start out as it allows you to develop your skill set without having to worry about losing clients (what can they expect for discount prices). But to earn a living wage you'll soon have to leave unless you want to burn yourself out quickly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unsupportive owners.
Great
Wonderful place especially if you are starting out as a RMT. Very flexible, everything is provided you just show up and work. It's great. Each location is a bit different I highly recommend the Ancaster location.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not a lot of growth for wage
Great atmosphere and easy to make more
I worked and was paid minimal but bonused on packages which averaged 20 dollars and more an hr. You just need to be outgoing and want to speak to clients about what is best for their money.
Great team
Working at Massage addict is great. The team that works there is amazing and helps out when they can. I love going into work for my shifts. Management is great and very approachable.
Stable Clientle, excellent management
I have been working here for 10 months or so. Management is very accomodating. They have a stable client base, excellent benefits and good clean work enviroment. My pay has been consistent all year long. I love working here. Definately recommend!
Great staff management sucks
After my interview, I was notified that I would have to be apart of a program offered by the government. i was told they would pay for new clothes and gas and all these good things. however, when I contacted said program I did qualify however they gave me Walmart gift cards to purchase work clothes. after doing the best I could I was told by management that my clothing choice wasn't high end enough. after a week of training, I was put to work. However, this program required 6 weeks of training. the program is then supposed to have 6 months of work to allow you to gain the necessary experience. I was let go a week before Christmas with a layoff with no cause. This was less then6 months of working. Not only did they rip off the government they ripped off this worker. Horrible place to work.
Massage addict
massage addict is great to work for when youre first starting out as a massage therapist, of course in order to make an income you must have a client booked in which massage addict advertises for you to bring in clients for you.
GSA review
There were always a list of tasks to be completed on top of regular day to day tasks. We were not given sufficient supplies (always running out of sheets, pillow cases, nothing to measure cleaning solutions with) despite asking the owners multiple times for these things. Manager was very accommodating with my school schedule but overall when personal issues came up the owner was not accommodating at all. Would not recommend a job here unless you're looking for minimum wage with nowhere to go in the company.
Excellent Workplace
Amazing place to work, Management is great, staff is friendly, clean environment, the management is very accommodating and understanding, pleased to be working here!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Addict Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6