Massage Addict Inc.

Massage Addict Inc. Employee Reviews

the new owners of my location are doing their best to make things better for everyone. They legitimately care about the therapists and don't push us too hard to work more then we should. Its a great place if you just want to focus on treatment and thats it. I learned a lot in my first year out of college through this place that I couldn't have learned any other way but experience.
Pros
everything is done for you
Cons
Low pay for an RMT and you can only grow so much here
Multiple aggressive situations at work involving other therapists. Sometimes involving myself, sometimes just witnessing them amoung other therapists. Repeatedly reported to management and owner with little response. Stressful work environment. Would not recommend. I have since moved forward from this job and am much happier with my career.
Pros
Offer benefit package to subcontractors
Cons
Stressful work environment and lack of support from management
I worked there through two different owners. One who had completely lost any interest in her business, and one who’s parents put up the money to buy the place for their daughter who had a degree but had no life skills or management skills whatsoever. It’s very hard to work in a business where no one seems to care about anything, client service which was once a valued thing there goes completely downhill and you have clients constantly complaining to you but you have no way to really help them as you have zero support from above, and staff turnover at an all time high. I dreaded going there more and more every day.
Pros
Easy work, steady hours
Cons
Horrible management, no backing from corporate, high staff turnover.
Dont expect 35-40hrs per week, especially if you are working the front desk. I decided to reduce back to part time since i never got that many hours. I also never got my medical benefits when i was full-time. Former clinic manager at Yonge/Lawrence was unprofessional and a lot of times would give the schedule late. Most of the time you had to put laundry in the dryer twice. Therapists should not be able to take home patient files, but they do and dont inform front desk staff.
Pros
Walking distance to Lawrence Subway station
Cons
Understaffed, needed new dryer
For our line of work pay is extremely low it’s almost impossible to get a raise with a requirement of 500 client hours for 50 cents. I personally always had issues with management, as lots of businesses do they have owners who know nothing about the job and care more about the money. Was workable, but frustrating at times. The benefits were horrible overpriced and not worth it
Pros
Everything’s done for you
Stab you in the back type. Thought I was amongst decent people but realized how criminal they really were. Nothing was done about workplace abuse and they ended up framing me for something I did not do and tried to destroy my livelihood.
The old owners of the clinic were amazing felt like home away from home. New owners took over and everything changed. They promised my job was secure a week later I was let go.
Pros
Therapists
Cons
It’s a very fast paced environment and can get pretty stressful at times because you are in charge of a lot of things, but if you’re the type of person that likes running around (like me) you’ll enjoy this job. The therapists are really friendly and the clientele for the most part is pretty great. There’s always that one rude person or annoying client of course, but overall it’s not a bad environment to be in. It’s not the best for a full time snob because you won’t get more than 30 hours a week, but it’s not bad for a part-time or second job.
Pros
Good area, close to ttc, parking in the area, lots of food options for lunch. Paid lunch because you don’t get a real break
Cons
very hard to get a raise, no manager working there
The going wage for an RMT in Alberta is $65 an hour. Massage Addict pays 1/2 of that. I learned not to trust management. A typical day at work is dealing with the franchise owners wanting as much money as possible for as little work as possible. Workplace culture is the lowest of the low staff being racist and sexist and bad. Most enjoyable part of the job was free coffee, but that stopped as soon as the owners realized it cost them money to provide.
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, lazy co-workers, childlike attitude of franchisees
It's pretty basic. Entry-level administrative duties. Good for people entering the workforce who would like some entry-level administrative experience. Not much room for growth.
Underpaid - if you actually get paid what your owed that is- Youre a receptionist, janitor, and pushy salesmen all wrapped in one for minimum wage! Won't get hired if youre not female. No breaks- they say you can, but will get fired if you take them! Long shifts, turnover rate so high the assistant manager has only been there 6 months! And shes in high school. Avoid like the plague.
I was delighted to hear I received the job as a receptionist at Massage Addict London. I thought it would be a good stepping stone for the career I want. However very quickly I realized the toxic management Massage Addict has in place - a husband and wife duo. Being a daughter of a business owner I know how difficult and stressful running a company and managing employees can be. Not everyone wants to work and has the passion to put in effort. However each shift I put in my best effort kept things organized, I followed protocall to a T, and was always thinking what I had to do next to ensure the clinic ran smoothly. I was always happy and had great interactions with the clients. Yet that was never good enough, "mistakes" were consistently pointed out there was never positive reinforcement. The husband had a lot to say about my dress code, although each time I went in for my shift I dressed business casual, had my hair and makeup done. Whereas other receptionist had hoodies and leggings on. . . Massage Addict London was also full of gossip, which is never good for business. It's not only rude to the clients it created a uneasy work place environment. Overall, I really enjoyed the Registered Message Therapist that worked there as well as the other receptionist, but ultimately could not see myself working there full-time because of the owners. For the owners they should revaluate how they interact with their staff and realize that the staff are the frontline any business, keeping them happy makes for a more efficient and enjoyable workplace, which increases your bottom-line.
Give the place a chance, if you’re looking for a place with great flexibility for work/life balance while still creating great pay...AND benefits....then try massage addict
You are forced to sign a contract to work for Massage Addict. Where it is followed by a lengthy book of guidelines that you need to follow. While some staff follow, and others do not follow. The contract that was originally signed was then constantly brought back to you where they constantly changed it. And threatened your position if you did not follow the new changes that you did not agree to. Would not recommend a job here.
Treating clients customized reflexology treatments Learned computer and reception skills Management is very helpful Work environment is excellent, warm clients remark on it The difficult part of the job is when no clients Enjoy meeting people, seeing health benefits in clients relaxation is key to my treatment
Enjoyed my time with this employer my needs changed and I had to move on sadly Fun safe paved friendly atmosphere management is fair and do workers treated you like family
Good environment & fast paced service. I was a franchise owner for 4 years and decided to sell as my commute was 3 hours a day round trip. As with any franchise, you don't have much of a say in the direction of the business. However, Massage Addict Corporation continually looks to make positive changes to benefit both the franchisee and corporation.
not organized, not fair, not approachable. do not recommend even if you have no job at all. better to do mobile and home advertising than work for them. stay away
Good place to work when newly out of school and gain experience and build some clientele. But the pay is horrible, it’s no where close to what an RMT should be paid. RMTs should be paid double what massage addict pays their therapist.
Thought I was walking into a great opportunity. It is a husband and wife team that own all three Massage Addict locations in London. It is a very negative work environment, you are never given positive feedback only negative while being trained. This negativity is extend to all office staff and is gossiped about openly by one of the owners. Which definitely makes for a negative work place. They do not have a professional cleaning company coming in to at least clean the clinic once a week. The office staff has to do all cleaning and laundry. So if the office staff is not vacuuming regularly than how clean is the clinic? I love working in an office setting, but this has been the most horrible experience I have ever had as a receptionist. On a positive note the RMT's were great bunch of people to work with.
Good place to work ! Treatment rooms have sound proofing in walls ( very quiet), electric hydraulic tables are very nice Front desk staff are the best, very friendly and helpful Pay per session is higher here with premium paid for after 5pm Staff area is well equipped with free coffee,tea, fridge, TV, lockers, microwave and dishwasher. ***** very nice Located in a great area with lots of restaurants, groceries, gym etc, Walmart, Canadian tire, Timmies, Mcdonalds, etc.