Massage Addict Inc. Employee Reviews

Receptionist Position
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ontario24 April 2019
Absolutely awful place to work. The management give no support and little-to-no training for the receptionist position. You are expected to do endless amounts of filing, cleaning, and laundry on top of answering all phone calls, scheduling appointments, selling and promoting memberships in a very limited time frame. Further, management offers no support when you have reasonable questions on complicated situations regarding insurance and membership complications. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE to apply for a receptionist position here!!
Great Place to Work!
Guest Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON9 April 2019
I work at Massage Addict Ancaster and my manager is one of the best! I believe she is the reason I love working for Massage Addict. She is so caring and a wonderful person to work for. I've seen a lot of bad reviews for the company, however I disagree with a lot of them. Being a GSA is quite a bit of work, but I do enjoy it. If you're considering joining a Massage Addict team I would recommend it so you can have your own opinion on the company, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion!
Pros
Decent hours, great atmosphere, wonderful coworkers
bad experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS8 April 2019
the management is awful, not allowed to take breaks, everything is disorganized. gossip, bullying, low pay. i do not recomend this place of employment to anyone
Pros
Cons
everything about the business
Awful!! Stay away from this company!!!
RMT (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 April 2019
Do not, I repeat, do not work for Massage Addict! I worked the front desk as well as a RMT and I can tell you it's not worth it. They are there only to make money, nothing else! They don't care about the well being of therapists cause if they did they would pay you better.
I will say that you will be busy but there is no room for growth. You will kill yourself just to make a basic income.
Each location is different as it is a franchise. If you are lucky to have a franchisee that cares, it may be a better environment. But you can do better by working for yourself or for an established clinic that values their therapists.
Pros
Full schedule
Cons
Everything!!!
Terrible Management
Guest Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 February 2019
I was hired to work at a corporate clinic. They ended up selling the location to people who have no idea about the massage world or how to treat employees. These people have no respect for their employees. They take WEEKS to respond to simple requests. I stayed for as long as I could, for other GSA's and the therapists. I had to leave because I was not given any respect and it started to effect my mental health. STAY AWAY!!!
Pros
good therapists
Cons
awful management, unskilled management
Productive an relaxaing environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toronto canada1 February 2019
I worked at massage addict from 2013 to 2019, which was a safe and comfortable working environment. It’s franchise and only does relaxation and hot stone massage, friendly staff and awesome co-workers.
I also worked at Mill Croft hotel which specializes in alot more spa related services, body wraps, relaxation massage, face massage
foot massage.
I also worked at Medrehob clinic which specializes in work place injuries car accidents injuries ,sport injuries , and I work along side chiropractic an physiotherapist, grate staff lovely co-worker
Pros
Controlling my schedule
Rmt
RMT (Current Employee) –  Toronto24 January 2019
Great place to start as an RMT, would recommend to friends to start. Management was good, great for always having constant supply of clients coming into the clinic.
Awful place to work: no breaks or managerial support
Guest Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 January 2019
As a GSA (guest service administrator) you are the face at the desk. The shifts are either too long 8:30-5:30, with no breaks or way too short and not even worth your time (4pm-7pm). The management does very little to motivate staff. There are no contests or incentives, or any room for growth (like there has been in the past). You are stuck making minimum wage and picking up after the sloppy RMTs. Yes, there is some reception duties like; reconciling insurance, phone calls, emails and providing bookings but the opener usually does that, leaving all the cleaning duties such as laundry, mopping and dusting rooms for the closer. The GSA position is a janitor job with a fancy title. Management is too cheap to schedule overlap for shifts which require two GSAs present, therefore you may work 8 hours without breaks or without any coverage from other staff, which is done deliberately. The regional manager/clinical director rarely make any appearances at the clinics and when they do, they hide in their office offering zero help when needed. The schedule is usually posted the week before, leaving employees with zero notice to schedule their own lives. This place is terrible and not worth the trouble. It can become cliquey, demotivating and an unenjoyable job. Save yourself from this despair and apply for an actual reception job, this is NOT what you are looking for.

If you are an RMT looking for work it's not nearly as terrible. You can negotiate your wage substantially because they are very desperate everywhere.
Pros
A slight discount on massages (if you can find an availably appointment)
Cons
little managerial support, no breaks, minimum wage, no room for advancement, janitorial duties, agitating GSA coworkers, zero support, micromanages who hid from any problems in their office and zero incentives
Great place!
GSA (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON20 November 2018
I love working at massage addict ancaster! The team is so friendly and the manager is the best boss I've ever had! I enjoy going to work because everyone is happy to be there including me.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Fast paced environment.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Meadovale, ON12 November 2018
It's a fun job with lots of multitasking. Need to be calm under pressure and well organized. There is always lots to do at once and keeping clients happy.
Pros
Enjoyed the people I worked with and clients
Cons
Sometimes can be stressful with unhappy clients
Great Place to Work!!
Guest Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba9 November 2018
Great place to work! If you are looking to work for a manager that cares then I would highly recommend applying. I feel valued and appreciated everyday. Breaks may not be during set times but there are always moments where you can eat your lunch or make a phone call or even run errands depending on the day. This is the first job I've had where i feel like my voice is heard. Plus the discount on Massages is an amazing bonus for each employee that works here!
Pros
discount on massages, fast paced, relaxing atmosphere
Amazing Culture!
Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 November 2018
Incredible team to work for at the Kitchener, ON location. The franchisee listens to what is needed to ensure clients and team are happy and prepared.
Worst Management Ever
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2018
Worked here for a while as GSA. The management sucks. She was never around and played favorites. You never get breaks, at all. No overtime after working 8 hours,
stay away from this place if you value your sanity. Taking them to the labor board for all monies owed to me
Pros
Cons
no breaks, rude management, over worked under paid
Terrible place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 October 2018
I worked for Massage Addict for 2 and a half years as a receptionist. You do not get breaks of any kind during your shifts. The whole atmosphere is very unprofessional. They have cameras everywhere in the clinic and the managers watch you working from home. The wages are also very low. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Discounted massages
Cons
Everything else
Great job for unmotivated RMTs
Registered Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Various9 September 2018
I worked 6-7 days a week and could barely get by financially.
Brought clients to the clinic with me only to find that once I got busy the staff and management began booking them with other therapists. Once I stated I was cutting my hours and and working elsewhere,clients started asking about canceling memberships. When this happened suddenly the files were missing any paperwork that may have indicated to me when clients yearly commitments were done.
Not a great place to work if you are interested in financial gain and professional development. There are many jobs out there, keep looking.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Consistently poor management
Negative work environment
Receptionist & Lead Guest Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 August 2018
I thought working in a massage therapy clinic would be fun and relaxing but working at Massage Addict was far from that.The management is super unprofessional. You have no job security at all. head office is more than willing to step on the little guys to get ahead.
a typical day was very stressful, constantly battling with the negative work environment while still making sure the clients are receiving great quality service and leaving the clinic happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job was clients, they were great with the exception of a few bad apples.
the best thing about the job was leaving.
dont waste your energy, this place will just suck the good energy right out of you.
Pros
clients
Cons
head office and management team
Stepping Stone or Long Term Career
Registered Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  British Columbia14 August 2018
There's a decent work/life balance if you can establish how many clientele you're willing and able to massage. 25-30 and hour per client seems to be the average with the potential to earn more if you're willing to push your body.

The front desk handles a lot of the clientele customer service and logistics plus upkeep of the clinic and laundry. I do feel at times they don't get a mention/compensation of their hard work if there's no help piles of laundry and workload can add up.

RMTs get to focus on patient care and hands on work. It's not a spa setting with showers. It's fairly minimal and to the point from the rooms and flow of the clinic. I do like it's straight forward when we need to treat and not needing to up-sell products or add any obscure techniques like spas.

Seeing your bookings online and through an app is nice. Note taking is all hard-copy/paper. Supplies and linens are all provided.

Being an established company across Canada their marketing is non stop that's particularly good if you're just starting or near the end of your road in your career you'll have some flow of bookings coming to you. You don't have to fork out extra for marketing, that's a big deal for RMTs. You may volunteer at events to promote and help the community.

They have direct billing to insurance, that makes a lot of clients happy.

Locations and team environment I'd say varies but so far it's a fairly chill with nice people to work with.

You're not an employee you're contracted. Benefits are optional.
Pros
Supplies provided, Administrative and Marketing handled for you, Flexible Scheduling, Direct billing to insurance
Cons
Can burn out if you take too much clients.
fun, casual place to work
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS13 August 2018
A typical day would start after school hours. around 4:30. I would assist in taking payments, phone calls etc... maintained a clean, well kept environment. I learned how to take insurance payments, file correctly, answer phone calls and helping customers. the hardest part of the job was getting everything done with the small window of time I was provided. the most enjoyable part of the job was the great people I worked with.
Pros
good experience
Cons
poor management
Best boss and working environment ever!
RMT (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 August 2018
The brand new facility is visually stunning, and just feels nice to be in. The pay is on par with other clinics in BC. The boss is super easy going and a joy to work with. As a new RMT I was as busy as I wanted to be. I could call in on Monday and open four appointments on Tuesday and they would be filled within 2 to 3 hours. Working environment is quite pleasant. If you work full time the boss gives you lots of perks (free continuing ed, one massage per month). She was a great boss, whatever you need or want she basically says YES!
Pros
Work as much or as little as you want
Cons
The in house massage music sucked
Great team
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 August 2018
Great team - Respect , flexibly and fair pay with benefits. I’m always busy and can practice with no hassle - very professional environment yet fun
Pros
Treated with lots of respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Massage Addict Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9