Masonite

Masonite Employee Reviews

Canada51 reviews
Great staff very satisfied with working along side the day shift management with HR problems to goals set to increase productivity and quality. Safety is always set priorities number one and worked very hard at keeping all employees working in a safe manner.
No respect , no appreciation
no good supervisors on the floor

no team work

no good length breaks provided

Racism for sure in all the departments

Stressful environment
Slow to start but once the machines got going it was pretty busy and time seemed to go by fairly quick. I learned all about the different door skins and that not all doors are the same in construction. How to spot defects fairly quickly and how to fix the minor ones. The management however was lacking and you had to go search them out, thus leaving your station, when you really needed them. They talk about giving the customer quality doors but seemed more interested in quantity. I would say the hardest part was listening to other workers complain about how much they were being pushed oh and having to push loads by yourself that should be a two man job. The most enjoyable part for me was the exercise I got from all the heavy lifting and constant moving also most of the people I worked with were awesome and I truly am going to miss seeing them at work.
I always arrived 30 min early to ensure i would not be late punching in.
Got a cup of coffee and would get my computer ready.

The first hour was helping out with the phones and running my failed gm reports. Making sure all orders from the day before were checked and gms run. Once previous days orders were up to date, I would work on the new days orders ensuring oldest orders were entered first. We are a paperless company so everything would drop into our bins via PDF so it was easy to watch the orders coming in and i really enjoyed entering the orders off the PDF program. Our Manager would evenly distribute the orders to ensure they would get done by the end of the day. My Manager was great because she had faith in me to get the job done and would not micro manage me in any way. I have been working for Masonite for over 12 years and absolutely loved working here.
Management at the time I was employed was not good but I understand with the current changes to would be better.
The hours were good lots of O/T if you wanted it, but seasonal at times with regular lay-offs
Office staff that generated orders would doctor documentation to lay blame on me for any mistakes they made. I gathered documentation and records to show upper management what was happening and when I finally did the HR came back at me and said I was making accusations against team members; despite the fact I was able to produce documents to prove what was happening.
I've worked at both locations Yarrow and Aldergrove. Both locations have serious management issues. They promise new employees the world and get treated horrible. The pay is moderate, you pay for most of the benefits they offer. They hold back on raises after your probation is over. The starting hours are good 5:45 am - 2pm.
Pros
Early start time
Cons
Management.
I was the only woman in my department during my shift. Normally that wouldn't be a problem for me, work is work, but my supervisor seemed to think that I lacked a brain. There would never be any PPE stocked in a size smaller than XL.
I would work with Masonite in a larger capacity if there was opportunity. The staff I've dealt with has been realistic and clear in their expectations and given very adequate support for any issues that have arise.
I worked at Premdor/Masonite for almost 12 years. It was a great place to work and the people were among the finest I had ever worked with. when I worked there the company was a public company. In the final year of my employment we were the target of a leveraged buy-out by KKR. They took the company private. In doing so the department that I worked in, SOX Internal Control, was no longer required. The entire department was given packages and asked to leave.
Was yelled at for screwing up when the person that was training me kept telling me the wrong thing.
Second day I was told to get used to day shift screwing you over and was called their worst employee. Everybody there is miserable. Horrible work environment.
Pros
Cons
Everybody complains all night. Nobody cares.
Management does not really listen to their employees and is extremely slow to act on issues. Lousy communication between management and employees. Severe lack of training and SOP materials. Little to no supervision in many cases which leads new employees to develop poor work habits from the start. Published public face of the company repeatedly speaks of providing customers with "quality products" yet the production floor culture negates that and only stresses "numbers" at all times. Much of the equipment is antique (more than 20 years old) and is not properly maintained. The tools are far behind the times in this age of technology. Repetition within very physically demanding positions wears the employees out. Haphazard organization of various aspects within the warehouse, lacking proper structure for daily processes.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
not enough formal internal organization
Well managed. Great people on shift. Very fast paced. Worked night shift and the team was great. Well organized and managed. Good pay. Decent benefits.
Pros
Enjoyed working in different departments of the facility. was fast paced but everyone there worked well together to get the job done. had good co-workers which made work enjoyable.
Understaffed, lots of overtime and too many employees expected to do more then a one person job.
A lot of poor attitudes around the plant which was very hard to be around on a daily basis.
Les journée sont remplis de défi et de routine
Plusieurs projet a développer et soutenir
Pros
Avantage sociaux
Cons
Management au États-unis
I worked in the office area, all most everyone was great. Some Managers thought they were better than everyone else. Manufacturing people on the floor were all pretty awesome. Some grumpier than others, but job on the floor could be stressful.
Pros
lots of free lunches and donuts
Cons
Some Managers were jerks.
Nous avons toujours du travail à faire, puis nous avions des pauses pour ne pas trop se fatiguer.
Pros
pauses
Busy Switchboard, large amount of mail and couriers. Managers were professional. People were great to work with. No HR support or code of conduct in the office workplace. Not sure about the manufacturing workplace.
Cons
Merveilleux staff et nous fait sentir comme une grande famille.
Un environnement agréable a y travailler.

Les superviseurs sont patients lorsque nous travaillons sur un poste nouveaux.
The hours were my favourite, starting early and finishing by early afternoon allowed me time for the rest of my day. It definitely instilled in me the hard work ethic. The company definitely created an environment where one didn't need to be afraid to ask questions or help. The ability to move up in the company was definitely there which was great.
Pros
Incentives for employees to work harder and attendance
Cons
A couple co-workers could be a handful to work with