Masco

Masco Employee Reviews

Generally all around decent company to work for . In most positions you are expected to work independently without supervision once you have been trained. As with most companies good work ethics are expected. It is a unionized environment.
I work for Masco Canada and this is the best experience so far. Great diverse team, dynamic environment and fast decision making, people smile and really care about work and each other.
Pros
People, culture, meaningful work
Cons
Overtime
I was working at Masco. I waiting almost 5 months before I got in, they kept pushing my start date back. Once I got in I only worked there for 3 weeks before they let me go due to accusations from another employee. Keep in mind this employee was "suppose" to train me but kept pushing me out of the way. They didn't give me the chance to explain my self or hear my side. Theres absolutely no communication between the Management and Employees what so ever. The words they used was "if so and so dont like you then your gone".
Pros
Breaks, free lunches, and can leave at breaks
Cons
Long hours, poor judgment, lack of communication
Your supervisor lives in the US and lack leadership has no idea what happens in candain market and no strategy to increase growth in Canada. Too busy making sure tags were straight on peg hooks
I am currently an employee at Masco Canada and I can definitely say this is not a place you want to work. They preach about quality but they do not care what the products look like as long as they get numbers. Not only that, they do not care about their employees. As long as you do a lot of brown nosing you can pretty much do nothing your entire shift while everybody else works. They don't give you heat breaks. They tell u if you're feeling hot you can go sit down but then they penalize you if you do. The workplace is extremely unsafe. They don't care if you are safe. I wouldn't even recommend buying their products because even after we tell them they're not good management still ships them out knowing the quality is garbage. The supervisors like to hold employees 60 day probation over there heads so they can mistreat them. I started with 8 people and I am the only one left. That tells you something. Do yourself a favour and don't even try working there cuz it's a nightmare.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Terrible management, unsafe, unorganized
The culture is very relaxed, it's not uncommon for employees to take 30 mins to get back to their work place. The quality manager favours older employees and doesnt come across as trust worthy, as does his team leader who's old school way of thinking and finger pointing are just not fitting in with work ethics and practices. There is no discipline given out, supervisors barely leave their office only to take smoke breaks. I wouldn't recommend masco to work for, only of you like a steak knife in tour back
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Bad quality management and a team leader who has his own agenda
Bathing department is unorganized. the more brown nosing, the less thats expected of you. Safety is only addressed if the supervisors who are never on the floor see it for themselves first hand. HR allows employees to carry knives(switch blades) that arent company issued and do nothing about it when brought up as a KNOWN issue. the supervisor is afraid to speak up and address it and would rather be brown nosed Working with fibre glass components,N95 respirators aren't mandatory and respirator training takes months, even though that stuff is toxic. Union does nothing to support ya and just looks after the lazy employees. Hotter than a weld shop. this company has selective discipline principals. some people get a free pass and some get fired for things that are equally unsafe. if you're "dumb" and do something unsafe you get a free pass
Pros
smoking in the building, relaxed breaks, straight days
Cons
safety ignored, leadership non existent, /clueless, fibre glass
The relationship between this company and hourly employees is toxic. Favoritism is obvious and out of control. This company has no idea how to treats it's people fairly. Injuries are common. Negativity is common, moral is low. I will say there's no longer a shift rotation. Wages are now even through the warehouse. The on site nurse is fantastic.
Pros
-Straight shifts
Cons
-unfair - unprofessional - unsafe
You may find yourself with no job description, a manager that has no idea how to effectively manage people. They are so behind the times with policies or procedures, it will be a miracle if the company lasts in Ontario. The warehouse and assembly areas have such a negative culture that you will either become one of them or wish you didn't take the job.
Pros
If you become a brown noser, you can do nothing all day
Cons
You will be bored and feel as though you are garbage
Low pay with high demands. Manager has no concept of Canadian territories being from the US. Work itself is demanding but you work on your own so set your own pace. Recently Masco laid off 106 of its US employees.The Lowes stores they were servicing have hired a internal group to service. Reps are now travelling more and covering greater territories. In Canada there were 7 reps now only 4. Not a solid future.
Pros
Set your own schedule and pace
Cons
Low pay, no job security, reporting to a US manager
I love my job as an order picker, could there be improvements of course, anywhere has room to grow and improve. The co workers are great and the hours are perfect.
Pros
Benefits, free lunches 3 times a year
Cons
No christmas parties, afternoon shift rotation
Enjoyed working in the CNC department. New product was common so it allowed me to utilize my tooling skills to deliver product in the most efficient manner. They gave me the latitude to try new things. They showed dignity and respect to their employees.
not a good place to work at all no one talked to each other but they sure did talk about each other. the wages were terrible and they promised lots of different things but didn't deliver
Not a unified work environment. Management does not operate as a team. Union and Management adversarial. Many policies and procedures not enforced. Plant-wide rumour mill flourishes.
Demanding job,no work/life balance. No job culture whatsoever. Poor management. High expectations but no recognition when projects/events, etc. are executed well.
Seemed like a good company, Secure job, Never really saw higher management to often which is ok... Only reason i left is cause i knew that factory work wasn't for me
Good culture with a fair management team. Good salary and compensation. Advancement was always a possibility but not openly spoken about the opportunity within.
Pros
room for advancement, 37.5 hr work week
Cons
strict office hour schedule
Typical and Learned; Opportunities were available if you were willing to give that little bit more. Many employees were there for over 20 years and enjoyed there co workers, company functions and the environment as a whole Management; Worked with you to build your career path, gave you space to grow and accepted criticism with solutions to build better relationships Cultural; Our CEO new most of our names and our job functions and made a point of chatting when your paths would cross. The organization practices philanthropy and worked with many charities, medical professionals and educational institutes. I collaborated to run different draws to enhance the many charities in the GTA. Hardest part; Communicated to clients why products weren't available; i.e. raw materials, packaging components, scheduled compounding, labeling. Enjoyable; We felt like it was our home away from home, able to speak and interact with management without the corporate ladder interfering.
Pros
Able to grow, move within the organizaiton and friendly enviroment
Cons
Location, enhanced continous improvements
If anyone has a chance to work at Masco Canada, take the opportunity. Masco offers a multitude of jobs and has a fantastic work environment. Management is understanding and flexible yet extremely professional. A great company to work at.
Every day comes with different issues and challenges. As an engineer I get to be involved in a variety of projects supporting different departments.
 Administration for Canadian Head Office of Delta Faucet. Includes preparation and tabulation of accurate and timely sales reports for trade sales, quotations and executive management teams. Prepare and update builder marketing presentations, compile and track expenditure of local and national marketing fund programs, maintain agency contracts, builder and contractor programs, rebate letters and brand status reports.
  1. Employee reviews