MARYMOUND Employee Reviews for Youth Worker

3.2Pay & Benefits
3.2Job Security & Advancement
Horrible management
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  442 Scotia16 April 2017
Beware of favouritism from Supervisor when it comes to shifts and task assigning. Supervisor is completely unprofessional and will gossip about you. When/if you let the supervisors management know, the supervisor will punish you by giving you horrible shifts. Supervisor does not appropriately train their employees. Instead spends their days fixing incident reports to make it sound less bad. Supervisor will openly gossip about employees in front of other employees and even the youth. Supervisor will do whatever they can to remain close friends with her "inner circle", which means ignoring other staff when they have complaints about her Favorites. BEWARE! A place you would like to work for the experience, however not worth the gossip and unprofessionalism from the supervisor.
Pros
Good wage, enjoyed working with the girls
Cons
Horrible supervisors, gossiping, favouritism
New age residential school
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg17 July 2016
In past management has allowed girls to go sleep at male staffs apartments and not do anything about it. My supervisor left out a huge knife and didn't report it and I had to wrestle it away from a resident. To cover themselves the supervisor changed my IR to say it was only a plastic butter knife. We I approached higher ups about the false report, was punished with horrible hours.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Staff are not supported, girls are at risk.
excellent work
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2014
supporting girls in crisis stabilization. being aware of each resident's needs (physical, emotional and spiritual); relating positively and therapeutically to each resident; participating in the planning, asssessing, and implementation of treatment strategies; carry out day to day tasks and routines; intervening in times of crisis. a typical day would seem to provide entertainment, meals, and support to girls on the stabilization unit experiencing crises
Pros
loved what i did
Cons
shift work overnights, and i am a single mother with no support system for nights
enjoyable and i love my job
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  winnipeg14 August 2012
my shift starts , the girls are usually playing on the Nintendo wii or watching TV. supper is prepared by the kitchen, girls eat and do their assigned chores. in the evening girls do program or activities with staff. i like my co workers and manager as well work well as a team and my manager is very flexible with our schedules. the hardest part of my job is it can be mentally challenging at times and having to retrain girls who are of danger to themselves or others. i love my job because these girls need positive role models in their lives and its enjoyable getting out in the community and doing activities with the girls.
Pros
schedule flexibility, good management, co workers
Cons
can be stressfull