MARYMOUND Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Great clients, upper management concerns+++
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 December 2018
Clients are amazing and resilient young people who have taught me so much. Upper management floundering and quick to cover by pointing fingers to front line staff. Upper management appears to have plenty of support and front line workers have minimal, no voice, less staff to do difficult work and poorly trained staff as some programs were initiated before the ground work was laid to offer appropriate care. It can be a great place with amazing coworkers when supervisors are supported by management and the team feels supported. Great potential but a ways to go to become in line with current practices of trauma informed care.
Pros
Amazing youth & families
Cons
Minimal support and poor moral
Do not waste your time.
Youth Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 December 2018
Not enough support for full-time employees. Work load was very heavy in comparison to wages, constantly adding more and more responsibility to the employees but now wage increases. The agency as a whole was quite political which trickled down to the front line staff.
Pros
Rewarding to work with youth.
Cons
The agency is poorly managed and seems to work against the employees it replies on most.
good workplace to be.
Chef's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 October 2018
good place to be and stay.i love marymound school it's very fun to be at work. school is very important and the hardest part of it is getting math done.
Pros
work
Cons
nothing
Very Dangerous workplace
Adolescent Treatment Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 August 2018
Worked at the Hope Centre. It was always in crisis. It was an unsupportive work culture & Very dangerous! All staff go on WCB because they all get injured! Mangement promotes butt kissers and gossips about all the staff. No room to move up.
Pros
free food
Cons
Very Dangerous workplace
Good people to work with
Youth Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2018
Working a marymound was a good experience. Amazing supervisor. Understanding management. The team worked extremely well together. Definately a good experience
Horrible management
Treatment Cousellor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 June 2018
I would think very carefully before working at Pelliter Hope Centre. Horrible program supervisor and senior staff. Master manipulators, will lie to your face and go out of their way to back Stab you! Staff schedules are made based on favoritism. Program supervisor team never on floor and hangs out in office gossiping all day about staff. No room to move up, unsafe work environment, etc!
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Horrible management, management gossips and lies to your face
Healthy work place
Youth Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2018
Working at Victoria Hospital is a dream of mine. I have volunteered in almost each unit over the past eight years and have a fair understanding of patient care. I enjoy staff's professional out look and compassionate behavior towards staff .
it was great
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2017
It was a super learning experience which I would recommend to anyone first getting into the work force.They teach you a lot and you learn to work. Overall it is worth checking out.
workplace is very good with the job culture
Account Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2017
Marymound is a very good place to work. its has very strong job culture. Everyone is woring with passion, positive attitude. The job is also very meaningful. it is also about supporting the kids and family sho is in need.
Youth Care Worker
Crisis Stabilization Unit Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 September 2017
Worked with youth in crisis. Celebrated their accomplishments and provided them with a safe space to stay while they sorted out their crises. Overnight shifts were taxing on my family and I had to seek day time opportunities.
Pros
Feeling like you make a difference
Cons
Overnight shifts
A very culturally diverse company
SWEEP (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2017
The workplace revolves around making sure every ones needs are met and that includes culture too. The staff are also chosen to give a diverse work environment that is inclusive to everyone.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Pretty much every door is locked
enjoying out doors
Landscaping Labourer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 May 2017
ive learned to work with others, became more interest in learning new things , enjoyed the summer job, i love the out doors i enjoy working , want more experience and more opportunitys
Pros
good experience
Cons
sun burn
New age residential school
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg17 July 2016
In past management has allowed girls to go sleep at male staffs apartments and not do anything about it. My supervisor left out a huge knife and didn't report it and I had to wrestle it away from a resident. To cover themselves the supervisor changed my IR to say it was only a plastic butter knife. We I approached higher ups about the false report, was punished with horrible hours.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Staff are not supported, girls are at risk.
Good experience
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2015
I enjoy spending time learning about youth and where they are in life. I enjoy trying to teach them, I love teaching Native Cultural stuff. A day with one of my respite children can be very challenging at the same time very rewarding. I expect the child into my home and spend quality time with him/her, we bake, do crafts,play street hockey, go to plays and so on.
Pros
Getting a smile and hearing a child say "thanks"
Cons
Having to write an Incident Report
Great workplace with lots of room for advancement
Youth Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 September 2015
I started working at Marymound in 2014 and love it. There is no "typical" work day as a youth care practitioner, as things can always change day to day. There are general patterns of course, but things often come up to change the day around. While working at Marymound, I have learnt a lot about ways in which to work with at risk youth. There is definite stress involved but I have found my coworkers are supportive and help the group make it through high stress moments.
productive, busy work schedule
Youth Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 July 2015
I advocated on behalf of the youth under my care with Social Workers, the Police and other caregivers. I attempted to provide
meaningful information that would assist in their care and in obtaining better assistance.
excellent work
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2014
supporting girls in crisis stabilization. being aware of each resident's needs (physical, emotional and spiritual); relating positively and therapeutically to each resident; participating in the planning, asssessing, and implementation of treatment strategies; carry out day to day tasks and routines; intervening in times of crisis. a typical day would seem to provide entertainment, meals, and support to girls on the stabilization unit experiencing crises
Pros
loved what i did
Cons
shift work overnights, and i am a single mother with no support system for nights
Great work Environment
Youth Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2014
Cant say enough about this organization. Very professional and care about their staff.
Productive, fun, experiences.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 September 2013
I'd get up for work at 7, get ready, and be 5 minutes early or 10.
I've learned to cook good meals. I got to answer some phone calls, made me feel professional, and very mature and sofisticated. My co-workers were very polite and generous, I'm thankful they helped me too.
Pros
Free luches, great conversations during break time. Days went by fast.
Cons
Not enough hours.
enjoyable and i love my job
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee) –  winnipeg14 August 2012
my shift starts , the girls are usually playing on the Nintendo wii or watching TV. supper is prepared by the kitchen, girls eat and do their assigned chores. in the evening girls do program or activities with staff. i like my co workers and manager as well work well as a team and my manager is very flexible with our schedules. the hardest part of my job is it can be mentally challenging at times and having to retrain girls who are of danger to themselves or others. i love my job because these girls need positive role models in their lives and its enjoyable getting out in the community and doing activities with the girls.
Pros
schedule flexibility, good management, co workers
Cons
can be stressfull